Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline FEZ

Dexter

Arcane
Fucking smug bitch he only made 1 game and he thinks he is fucking gaben.
That's easy to solve. We take the head of all big-name development studios and have them fight in a to-the-death cagematch. My money's on Gaben and his arsenal of knives,

Gaben had knives? Did you mean knife and fork?:lol:
original.jpg

23LNT.jpg
2184308-2871.jpg

2129341-halflife30114_610.jpg

And those are just the ones he keeps in his office at Valve...

He probably also uses them to buff his speed:

Name

Cipher
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/fez-canceled-fish/

Phil Fish designed a video game called Fez. Most people seemed to like it well enough. Fish then went on to annoy a lot of people, overreact to their overreactions, and occasionally work on a sequel to Fez. Now that game has been canceled. Was it due to budgetary reasons or copyright issues? Did Phil Fish have a moment of clarity, realizing that he was making yet another a puzzle-based indie platformer? No, the project was scrapped because of this:

Phil Fish, the internet, and a member of the enthusiast press calling himself "Annoyed Gamer" were all jerks.

These three horrible fronts converged on Twitter, where they engaged in a very stupid internet slap fight. The internet, containing a greater number of jerks, was too large for Phil Fish's otherwise impressive jerk factor to overcome. It soon became clear that every dumb insult Fish tossed out would be returned tenfold. The only sensible option was to stop egging other people on. Naturally, Fish decided to cancel Fez 2 instead, leaving the video game industry and declaring the whole thing to be full of jerks from top to bottom. As he departed, Fish told someone to kill themselves and pointed out that he was a trending topic.

This actually happened. If the whole thing seems a little, I don't know, stupid and childish, that's because it is. But it's hardly the strangest video game cancellation in recent months.
  • A few short weeks ago, Hideo Kojima was walking home with an ice cream cone in each hand. He came across an anvil suspended by a rope. Not wanting to go around this unusual obstacle, Kojima sent the anvil swinging away with a mighty kick, then stood in place with an ice cream-smeared smirk to admire his ingenuity. Moments later the anvil came back, knocking Kojima over and ruining his ice cream cones.

Within an hour, Kojima held a press conference to announce that he was fed up with the video game industry. No one would get to play Metal Gear Solid V, because everyone had been bad and they should have felt very sorry. It was such a great game, too, lamented Kojima, shaking his head sadly while addressing a room full of anvils suspended over chairs.
  • Shortly after this year's E3, Bungie announced the closure of its studio (and subsequently the cancellation of its upcoming sci-fi shooter Destiny) after founder Jason Jones pushed the handle of a door labeled "pull to open".
  • Development on Dragon Age 3 came to an abrupt end in March after Cliff Bleszinski attempted to sit down, misjudging the location of his chair and landing directly on his tailbone. Although Cliff was not an employee of BioWare or even remotely related to the project, his grievance needed to be redressed. A video game had to be canceled and Dragon Age 3 was the most logical target.
  • A young lady waved at Yves Guillemot. As the Ubisoft CEO waved back enthusiastically, he realized that the woman had been waving to someone directly behind him. Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs were immediately terminated, and the Frag Dolls were disbanded.
  • Rockstar Games' Dan Houser cut someone off in traffic just last week, laughing as he flipped them off. Moments later, that person pulled ahead of him and cut him off in retaliation. As Houser slammed on the brakes, the vanity license plate before his eyes came into focus: MadDrvr. A frustrated Houser laid into his horn. Every car on the road did the same, drowning him out. His ears bleeding, Houser called his office to announce that he wasn't coming in ever again, and that Grand Theft Auto V would have to be scrapped.
  • Sony CEO Kaz Hirai tried to catch a basketball, but it bounced off the tip of one of his fingers and stoved it pretty bad. The PlayStation 4 was immediately canceled.
  • The follow-up to 2012's reboot of Tomb Raider was squashed when writer Rhianna Pratchett loaded Gmail and was asked to log in even though she had just visited the site like five minutes earlier.
  • Double Fine's Brad Muir was frightened by a loud bang. As it turned out the sound was just a precariously balanced book falling off a shelf, but Muir immediately canceled the studio's tactical role-playing game Massive Chalice and sent a personalized memo reading "thanks for the lunch money, nerd" to every person that had funded the Kickstarter.
  • All PC games for the rest of time were canceled after Gabe Newell felt like he had to sneeze, but couldn't.

All good news!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Brian Fargo gets trolled in the Codex - drops Wasteland 2 development. Disbands team, and exits video game industry.

:troll:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Brian Fargo gets trolled in the Codex - drops Wasteland 2 development. Disbands team, and exits video game industry.

Josh Sawyer receives a love letter from a Codexer - drops Project Eternity, deletes all assets, gets married, then realises that he just married a horny shemale and dies.
:troll:

Caim

Arcane
Keiji Inafune is sick of how Capcom treats Mega Man. Deciding there are no heroes left in man, he bombs Capcom HQ and leaves the game industry forever.

ColCol

Arcane
http://www.geekosystem.com/phil-fish-back-on-twitter/
Our speculation on the meaning behind this Vine, where the dark blue figure ends up on the ground while the light blue figure rises up and raises his right hand in what appears to be a symbol of victory, is that his creative desires are struggling with the outside world.
Fish knows he finds the most joy and creative outlet in video games, and truly wants to keep making them. But he envisions so much of the community and journalists behind modern gaming as inhibitors; as people who are smothering him in bad decisions and insults and generally making him question what he truly loves.
After this deep clash, the brighter figure emerges victorious. This could be his way of saying that he feels he gave in to the wrong, and is ready to go on with reinvigorated style. Of course, this is entirely imagination. He could just have posted this to mess with everyone, or maybe he just thought it looked cool. Either way this is a perfect example of Phil Fish being himself and not raging. Feel free to interpret it for yourself and tell us what you think in the comments.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Well I was unaware that he was a knife nut as I only seen the last pic and thought it was just him posing with props like Cliffy did at one point in his career for attention. Still my bet is on John Carmack as Gaben can be distracted by throwing out a bag of cheetos or a bottle of dew.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Garbage. Blue doesn't stand for creativity, it stands for depression and a fractured self. The existence of the other figure cashes in on that theme of fracturing -- one person, two figures. However, the second figure is not blue, but grey... the colour of rationality and self-control, but also of wholeness -- an infinite mix of colours combines into a complex, but opaque human form.

The Vine shows Fish struggling to reunite the halves of his shattered psyche by re-committing to those rational impluses that guide him closer to self-realization. "No longer will I suffer the baseless insults of spiteful men; I am an artist and a professional. My work is my own, in all its unique beauty. To work!"

I think Fez 2 could become one of the most beautiful works of art ever produced in the medium. Rarely have I seen an artist begin a project from such a commanding position of self-awareness. He surveys the rugged crags of his mind, he listens to the frenzied babbling of his fellow men and women, and then he molds these sounds and images like fertile clay. This is the path towards true perfection. If Fish is able to transfer even 1% of his creative acumen into the finished game, we're in for a real treat.

buzz

Arcane
:hmmm: the worst part is not that he fancies himself a modern Andy Kaufman, is that people actually treat him as one. Look how many re-tweets and favorites is he getting with every shitty tweet. Then the internet gaming press will again be flooded with another "Phil Fish scandal!!1", giving him even more attention than he deserves.

He got a spotlight in that documentary about indie games (even though his was a piece of shit not even released at that time compared to the other games mentioned like Braid and Super Meatboy), people who keep attention to him, some artificial drama about Fez 2 not being released anymore and plenty of idiots looking into his mouth and "analyzing" his behavior.

I would be more impressed if his "shocking statements" were something on the level of Cleve or Vault Dweller, but he's figuratively speaking like a twelves years old who just learned swearing for the first time and is wiping his nose with his hand. Hihi, swastikas and manboobs, I am totally INSAAANE xD!11oneoneeleven

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I played Fez recently, and when I gave up playing, the game said I was 73.2% complete with it or something similar. I found that to be rather odd, so I googled around.

Turns out that the maximum attained completion score is around 210%. Ignoring the obvious part about Fish failing at percentage math, the question does arise whether there is something in Fez that everyone simply hasn't figured out yet, that the game is truly "2deepforU". *shrugs*

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The difference is that Andy Kaufman was legitimately funny, this guy's just a cunt who's only method of staying relevant is basically behaving like a /b/-tier troll on Twitter while retards continue taking his bait.

Cromwell

Arcane
The difference is that Andy Kaufman was legitimately funny, this guy's just a cunt who's only method of staying relevant is basically behaving like a /b/-tier troll on Twitter while retards continue taking his bait.

That would imply he is relevant. Also, if someone behaves this way I wouldnt do him the favour to see him as a troll, just punch him like you would every other guy. Theres no diference between beeing a idiot for putting up a persona like you are one or beeing a real idiot.

Dr Tomo

Learned

That would imply he is relevant. Also, if someone behaves this way I wouldnt do him the favour to see him as a troll, just punch him like you would every other guy. Theres no diference between beeing a idiot for putting up a persona like you are one or beeing a real idiot.

Ugh I wish he made Fez 2, so when he shows it off at Pax I can actually give him a Tyson's right hook.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom