Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline FEZ

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
isn't anything that hasn't been done dozens of times before.

Not that I care one way or the other, but why is this whole "being done before" seen as old-school classic incline when applied to cRPGs, but a sign of redundancy and lack of talent when it describes platformers?
Metro just wants to justify disliking games that aren't for him.

I mean, FEZ doesn't look impressive to me, and it's a broken mess on the two graphics cards I've tried to run it on, but other puzzle platformers that are genuinely brilliant tend to be just lumped together with extreme prejudice by people who don't enjoy puzzle platformers.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
isn't anything that hasn't been done dozens of times before.

Not that I care one way or the other, but why is this whole "being done before" seen as old-school classic incline when applied to cRPGs, but a sign of redundancy and lack of talent when it describes platformers?

Quantity. Over half (if not more) of indie games produced are some iteration of the puzzle platformer genre.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm deeply worried about Fez creator Phil Fish, and you should be too

I guess what I’m trying to say is that Phil Fish has been demonized to the point where he feels he has to leave the gaming industry for good. In a sense, Fez II was cyber-bullied out of existence. The sad part is, most gamers are going to be upset that an amazing game was cancelled while completely ignoring the fact that a human soul was destroyed in the process.

:lol:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This is so over-the-top that if it isn't part of the act it's fucking pathetic. The guy reaped what he sewed. Act like a douche and you'll be treated like a douche.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.formspring.me/JESawyer/q/486243091313883593

26OPzAZ.jpg

Ahahaha.

Cynic

Arcane
It’s astounding that he and Polytron finished it at all, let alone to the point where it’s a beautiful, brilliant reinvention of gaming’s equivalent of the wheel – the platform game.

These fuckers never played Nebulus did they?

himmy

Arcane
It’s no secret that I admire both the work and quirky personality of Phil Fish.

I don't think this guy knows what "quirky" means. There's a big fucking difference between being eccentric and outspoken and just being a plain asshole who can't take criticism.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I'm deeply worried about Fez creator Phil Fish, and you should be too

I guess what I’m trying to say is that Phil Fish has been demonized to the point where he feels he has to leave the gaming industry for good. In a sense, Fez II was cyber-bullied out of existence. The sad part is, most gamers are going to be upset that an amazing game was cancelled while completely ignoring the fact that a human soul was destroyed in the process.

:lol:

Can you explain the joke for me please?

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Because every stupid argument goes when you wanna shit on something for Kodex Kool Points?

Athelas

Arcane
What can change the nature of a shitty pretentious indie hipster developer?

Drakron

Arcane
Actually if you want anything new done, its Indy because publishers only care about sequels and IPs and the same shit we seen before.

Problem is, indy are just experimental and they likely lack the experience to make the game work or their impact is trying to add new things without their games being actually known for it.

As for for this ... he raged-quit, likely his personality but from what I read he was baited into doing it, he called that guy a "middle aged parasite" and ... well they are, gaming journalists became nothing but a extension of the publisher marketing department and willing ones at that, mind you Beer apparent baited him because Fish was vocal on Microsoft self-publishing and became silent, Fish might had deserved it but this didnt happened without outside help and his poor public behavior come from someone else also poor public behavior.

Overboard

Arcane
Fuck you haterz, Fez is the Citizen Kane of platform games.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom