Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Feargus Urquhart and Josh Sawyer talk about upcoming Obsidian games at Gamepressure

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Obsidian found a lifehack apparently. They can release tasteless casul games for retards, which will sell well because the general public is retarded.
And at the same time they can milk people who liked good RPGs by saying "trust us on this, we'll settle for nothing less than a brilliant spiritual successor". And this second category of players is really the most pathetic one because they don't learn.

Welcome to 2004

Lord Andre

Arcane
Won't buy or pledge to anything that has Sawyer and/or Fenster...? Fester...? the faggot who wrote PoE involved. Tim Cain is wasting his talent away at a company that threw him and Avellone to the curb a long time ago.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Sorry Obsidian, I don't trust you. You don't want to make a game for my "grognard" testes, you won't have my grognard money, Feargus should take his nonsense hype and insert it right on his ass.

Viata

Arcane
I'm choosing to interpret Feargus, when he invokes "Tim Cain, Game Director of the original Fallout", that Obsidian has accepted to make the next Fallout game. That's highly optimistic of me, borderline delusional, but I'm sticking to it.
Why would you ever want a new Fallout based on Fallout 4? There's nothing there to make a good game.

Please don't make it fucking fantasy/Medieval/stone age/roman age/modern/ in any shape or form.

SCI-FI/Futuristic-Post-Apoc/Cyberpunk/ only from now on and at least 5 years from now.
This. But a new Vampire game would be great too.

Sannom

Augur
Wonder if Tim Cain can bring Jason Anderson and Leonard Boyarsky similar to Avellone working on other Kickstarters. Maybe even Brian Mitsoda and George Ziets to make the next RPG greatness.
I don't think Blizzard is the kind of company that would let Boyarsky work on another company's project.

While I agree that companions could have been more integral to (and integrated in) the story, remember that one of the tenants of the game was that they would be completely optional.

Even so, I consider them a step up from BG's NPCs. Only a few of them were really interesting to me - Durance, obviously, Eder (mostly for his chill vibe and voice acting), Sagani
You've got weird taste I guess then, because I feel like whenever someone mentions Sagani, it's to say that she is the most boring character.

Boyarsky out of Bioware? They'd have to bring out the big bucks, I believe. And JDA out of inXile? Hum...

Sweet donkey balls, you people are so delusional sometimes. Its a fucking PR piece, what do you do to create hype for the project you're not allowed to discuss yet? Hype the credentials of people working on it.
A PR move that is reported one week after arrival. Someone at Obsidian should reconsider the way they do their job.

Won't buy or pledge to anything that has Sawyer and/or Fenster...? Fester...? the faggot who wrote PoE involved. Tim Cain is wasting his talent away at a company that threw him and Avellone to the curb a long time ago.
Tim Cain hasn't even been at the company for that long, and he didn't join to get a big project right after getting in.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The thing about Sagani is that she only revealed her weaknesses and self-doubts about her pilgrimage during Personal Side Quest Moments(tm). At all other times she seemed immaculately self-confident. Other companions were better at appearing like well-rounded characters at all times.

Also, I'm sure Tim Cain is very resentful at Obsidian for rescuing him from the MMO slave mines

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They even gave his husband a job (who I've heard through the grapevine is one of the flamingly loud and obnoxious types).

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
The thing about Sagani is that she only revealed her weaknesses and self-doubts about her pilgrimage during Personal Side Quest Moments(tm). At all other times she seemed immaculately self-confident.

Exactly, cracks start to appear if you actually talk to her. Though I see many wouldn't want to do it, since she's well... a clichéd grrl power cucking her husband (It's disgusting).

Fairfax

Arcane
All Feargus said is that he's been talking to Tim about ideas for some upcoming project. Doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be a project director.
And clearly Sawyer will be project director for PoE 2, unless he doesn't want to. Hopefully it'll be Rich Taylor after AW is released.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aloth is kind of a cool character in that you expect him to be this woobie who's just waiting for somebody to resolve his emotional issues so you can become BEST FRIENDS, but it turns out that underneath his prissy introverted exterior he's actually a stone-cold Straussian authoritarian

Sawyer is too busy on PoE 2 to be involved in next kickstarter fig project. Also the "reputation" he acquired during PoE will only increase chances of his involvement in any huge AAA project there will be in the future.

himmy

Arcane
These are my favourite type of threads on the Codex. It's the only place where even the typically cynical and weary contributors can let their optimism run wild and free and, in a way, everyone's favourite game is possible. Tim Cain-run Fallout 4.5? Sure. Hard Sci-Fi TB RPG? Why not? Last Days of Atlantis pipe dream? Could happen!

Yet with every piece of extra information about the game the optimist group is reduced to the point where they are dubbed weird and idiotic by those who quickly find their feet in the cynical soil beneath them. Ah, the emotional roller-coaster that is being a CRPG fan.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
anus_pounder has been revealing very good taste lately, since his return. Both PoE and AoD at least, I have seen. I also thinks he hates FO4, which is more than you can say about half the popamolers who pollute RPGCodex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom