Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite character(s) in an RPG

Goromorg

Savant
It is strange but my favourite characters are from an ARPG, not RPGs.
b0c05a_419f8a14182247b8810be62962df63e3~mv2_d_2328_1533_s_2.jpg

Piety of Theopolis

_1920.jpg

Lady Dialla, the Gemling Queen

malachai__the_nightmare_by_varien__autentix-db0xwrp.jpg

Malachai, the Nightmare

1oG0ZfW.jpg

Emperor Izaro Phrecius

canakin

Cipher
Pretty much every named dwarf from The Witcher series. Shadow, Gus and Lynx from JA2. (do they count as npcs tho?) Cassidy from Fallout 2.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
It's hard not to love Owyn's youthful energy in BAK. Jimmy the Hand is another character I liked a lot as well, always trying to keep a straight path but falling back into mischief. I guess it's the way they provided the humour and lightness in an otherwise tense setting that made them stand out so much for me. That scene with Owyn trying to learn how to walk stealthily from an elf is amongst the most memorable in any game I've ever played.

Brad from LISA the painful is one that's worth remembering as well. The unfolding of what his persona entails as one advances and develops further into what he'll become by the end of the game is very nicely done I think. You truly get to empathize and feel the weight of his choices; not many games manage to pull that off.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Morte.

A companion backstabbing you is usually just boring, but "don't trust the skull" gave me genuine shivers.

Also Ravel. The whole build-up to meeting her is fantastic and the dialogue with her manages to live up to it. Kind of hard to choose your favorites from the PS:T cast, though. I also really like Kaelyn the Dove from MotB (Gann too, but what the hell is up with his hair?) and BROche from Twitcher 2. Anachronox has a bunch of cool characters but it's hard to name just one.
I've never played PS:T past the Mortuary and I accidentally clicked on this...
Oh well, I have books and movies anyway.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
As far as the Gothic series goes, I always liked Lee.
I've always liked how they introduced Lee in 1.

When every person in charge of some faction in this game tries so hard to give you problems just so you can see them, the guards guarding Lee simply said that Lee doesn't need protection, he's badass enough already.

laclongquan

Arcane
Also, Jeanette from VtmB because she has such a nice pair of... personalities.

Yeah, although Velvet Velour has bigger personalities. And she's the living proof that you can manipulate players (not just characters) like marionette. To this day Codexers desperately want to believe that VV love us...
... despite she has us being her errand boy FOR FREE.

mondblut

Arcane
Yeah, although Velvet Velour has bigger personalities. And she's the living proof that you can manipulate players (not just characters) like marionette. To this day Codexers desperately want to believe that VV love us...
... despite she has us being her errand boy FOR FREE.

We just expected to be rewarded with sex. But wymmynz being wymmynz.

Master

Arbiter
Kreia
latest

She really stuck out. Though i haventh played a couple of other famous storyfaggy games(PST, MOTB). But i doubt she can be topped.

edit

Vollinger from Arcanum
vollinger.jpg

nomination for best introduction

Last edited:
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think I generally prefer characters from those central/eastern European games like Gothic and the Witcher where your companions are just some bros who act like bros.

Okagron

Prophet

Listening to the awesome "Battle at the Big Bridge" theme from FF5 made me remember that i love this character. He's kind of dumb, but lovable somehow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom