Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
I dno, I'd rather the people be removed from the premises that constantly shit up topics with unrelated stuff because they apparently can't read thread titles than a slightly annoying LARPing troll who's at least on-topic.

Your bitch-tears are the finest of fine liquors.

That guy is actually anti-SJW, but turns out that, with the internet right, you are either 100% with us or you are against us. Just like with SJWs... You aren't even allowed to joke about fundie nuts anymore.

behold-the-field-in-which-i-grow-my-fucks.jpg

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Some primitive cultures had this practice wherein husband copulates with his wife on their field, thus bringing fertility to said field... Law of correspondences. As above, so bellow.

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
Some primitive cultures had this practice wherein husband copulates with his wife on their field, thus bringing fertility to said field... Law of correspondences. As above, so bellow.

And some primitive cultures abandoned retards like you in the wilderness, hoping that at least you'd be too stupid to find your way back to the village before the wolves got you.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Only thing this series had going for it was the exotic locales, and that's a stretch.

Pass, I can only take so much climbing vantage points, clearing so many outposts and hunting down so many collectives. Ubisoft are lazy, unoriginal fucks.
No one in this thread can be actually considering paying real money for this shit, right?

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Only thing this series had going for it was the exotic locales, and that's a stretch.

Pass, I can only take so much climbing vantage points, clearing so many outposts and hunting down so many collectives. Ubisoft are lazy, unoriginal fucks.
No one in this thread can be actually considering paying real money for this shit, right?
I'm just here to read scathing remarks about the game and all it's failures.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Number of replies and views speaks otherwise.

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron

>replies are shitting on Far Cry 5, Ubi, and/or you
>say this anyway

Jesus, you are actually this fucking retarded aren't you?

When you get your Dumbfuck tag I will be able to say that you honestly fucking deserved it like no one else before you.

Gerrard

Arcane
PSLS: You said AI have their own lives. So does that mean certain people will only be available certain days of the week or certain times of the day?

Dan: I think we just gave you a taste of the game, and we gave you a ton of information, so I totally get where you’re gonna ask questions about how does it work, is there a lifecycle.. the truth is that we’re gonna save some of those beats for later. But what we really did want, is that we wanted people that felt real. That had an agenda. That’s about as far as I can go on that without giving away too much!

"Can't talk about that yet"
"I can’t answer specifically how big the world is, yet."
"That’s as far as I can go!"
"Trust me, I’m dying to talk about it!"
"Good question! Can’t talk about it…"
"So, yeah, ask me at E3!"
"we’ll talk about that [later]"

This is one of the most worthless interviews I've skimmed over.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
E3 is around corner, so of course they're keeping all the juicy info for that.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Wait, who is having problems with Far Cry 5 here?

(i'm not talking about the gameplay here, of course)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't know dude, we have been shooting white Christians for years without any problems. See WW2 games for an example. I guess it's just the timing combined with current political climate. Man, I would have nothing against the setting myself, even if it seems a bit outrages. Cult things have always fascinated me, but then it's a fucking Far Cry game...

Santander02

Arcane

Because views/replies totally equate GONNA PURCHASE. Man you're a fucking moron.:retarded: Everyone in this thread is just here to laugh at you and nothing else HAHAHAHA.

If anything people here would just pirate the turd if they got curious. Patient ones would wait for RK47 To make the inevitable LP.

People here are blaming Myrnon but they would have no problems with a game about shooting Muslims.

Not me, modern ubisoft's games are so fucking banal shit boring I wouldn't pay a cent for them even if they were to turn around and declare their eternal allegiance to God Emperor Trump.

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
I don't know dude, we have been shooting white Christians for years without any problems. See WW2 games for an example. I guess it's just the timing combined with current political climate. Man, I would have nothing against the setting myself, even if it seems a bit outrages. Cult things have always fascinated me, but then it's a fucking Far Cry game...

It's honestly more timing than anything else, to me. If a game with Far Cry 5's premise had been announced sometime before the turn of the decade, I don't think anyone would really be up in arms about it. The timing, however, is just too perfect for a "cash in on hating the right" game.

We've been "killing whitey" in fucking droves for fucking years now. Most games from most genres, if they have humans as opponents at all, have had plenty of huwite males to shoot, stab, chop and blow up. The majority of nameless mooks you mow down in a popamole or whatever really are going to be huwite males, barring very specific franchises (like the one that had the Norks invading).

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

Doubt anyone here is actually clicking on the links you post m8.
I did so you don't have to. The wolf man is a furfag, who is also Swedish. He argues that Christians are just as bad as SJWs for being angry about being misrepresented in the game, and that they have no right to complain because they're little bitches. He was thoroughly trounced in the comments however, as people poked holes in his arguments and he tried to argue that it's okay, because he was raised as a Christian, which leads me to believe he has deep seated issues with Christianity and his father as result of his father trying to fix him and get the gay out of him, which obviously failed, as he's a homosexual furfag.

Of special note however, is he is a Gay furfag, and swedish. I doubt he's going to last long considering how many muslims are moving to sweden and their position on homosexuals. I'm not certain their position on furfags, but I imagine it would not be a positive one.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
It's not that there have been games killing Christians, it's that the plot of the game is to kill christians specifically. If the enemies were incidentally christian, in the same way as the muslims you fight in most war games are incidentally muslim then it would not be an issue. The game has become a hot topic because the plot of the game is to kill radical american christians. Were the roles reversed and you had to kill radical Jews, or radical muslims and the plot centered entirely around these radical semites or radical islamists and their faith, with lines of christians and muslims being offed for not being jewish, or jews and christians being murdered with their genitals shoved in their mouths for not being islamic, then people would have serious SERIOUS issues with such a game being made, especially a triple A game which decided to place their religion in such a terrible light in such a way. It's because of this narrative which focuses on their religion rather than their desire for power or conquest, which is normally used in games and the antagonists religion is simply a part of their character which isnt largely relevant to their motivations in the story that has rubbed christians the wrong way. It's also coming out on the heels of Outlast 2, which featured another cult of crazy christians, as well as mafia, which featured racist white southerners, that has left many white christians feeling persecuted as they're the main demographic that seems to be okay with smearing as monsters.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
People here are blaming Myrnon but they would have no problems with a game about shooting Muslims.

You dont shoot Muslims you shoot terrorists, just like your not killing Christians but Nazis. Religion is never the focus of the games narrative, unlike in FC 5.

I support freedom of speech and freedom of artistic expression. So if you want to make a game about killing evil extremist Christians you are free to do so. But I also support people openly discussing problems in that plaque mainstream media.

Problem is, as mentioned by others, a recurring demonization of Christianity in all media by the liberals. Same people who while attacking and mocking Christianity will defend Islam.

Liberals have nothing but contempt for Christianity and values on which Western civilization has been build upon.

Gaming has been relatively free from this corruption for a long time but its has becoming more and more present in modern games.

Santander02

Arcane
Fucking hell is anyone else having their sides implode the way Mynon is is trying to appeal to authority by linking to this people?:

-Blob Chipman
-Neofags
-Youtube Commenters
-14 year old steam 'tards
-And now some gay furry ( With apologies to Jasede)

:|

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
It's obvious that Mynon is actually an Ubisoft plant. Joined shortly before the announcement of FC5. He has been training for this moment for months now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom