Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 4 - *insert witty subtitle here*

TripJack

Hedonist
1. Someone made a game and included a storyline. :x

2. Someone made a game with politics I don't agree with. :x

3. Someone made a game where I'm not the target demographic. :x

4. I'm out of Doritos and haven't left my room for three weeks... :negative:

Nah, eat stone dicks, Far Cry 4 will be the supreme :obviously:. I'm going to explode elephants with Pagan Min and push people down mountainsides quoting Marxist dialogue whilst flamboyantly overdressed for guerilla warfare. My god it's no surprise none of you have girlfriends, you must surely bore yourselves with the same relentless whining about games and embracing hatred of whatever current subgroup dominates the blogospheres. It's so very painful to read, I cannot imagine the torture those unfortunate enough to be supporting you financially through sheer accident of birth must be going through. Everyone in this thread is going to buy* this game day 1, and then whine some more after they play through it five times.

* download for the cheap fuckers
:mrfussy:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I predict this game will be where they perfect the formula they started in FC2 and 3. It will probably be a lot of fun. From FC5 and on they will have run out of major things to improve so any changes will be boring gimmicks and the series will slide into pointlessness like assassin's creed.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
They went with the boring open world concept. Filler content, commuting, collectibles, unlockables.

Astral Rag

Arcane
They went with the boring open world concept. Filler content, commuting, collectibles, unlockables, moronic story, QTE's, weak popamole gunplay, crafting wallets,...

Of course they have this is the latest incarnation of Ubisoft Game.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That one pretty much hits the nail on the head altho I'd be much harsher in my description if my english was any better.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ass Creed was never fun though, Far Cry 1 was. They didn't have to change jack shit about its formula.
Heard the mutants in the endgame were awful so I avoided the entire thing.

Astral Rag

Arcane
More Ubisoft Game news, I hope you guys love "elements of F2P games" in your $60 popamoles:

I know the masses aren't exactly paragons of taste when it comes to video games, but I somehow doubt that the vast majority of them even care about this sort of stuff. They go out and they buy a game that has the same name as an earlier game that they liked, but with a different number on the end, and they take it home, play it a bit and move on. I doubt they are much interested in these grand and world-ending issues of social justice. For all their flaws, they just want to play a game. Male or female, do they care what the player character looks like? They just want to shoot some dudes, drive around a big empty world, whatever. (Games with customization excepted, but that's part of the draw there in general anyway.)

I'm just sort of hoping that all this agenda-pushing nonsense ends up alienating a few of them. Because, at the end of the day, these consumers are the majority of the market. It's easy for the essjaydubyas to be demanding this, that, and everything else, but they aren't the primary demographic. Why waste development time and money on something that a tiny proportion of potential customers, who aren't even the target audience, will appreciate? See that whole AC: Unity 'controversy'. These folks are very loud, though. Makes the less mentally fortitudinous developers think that they need to pander to them. But maybe it's fine. After all, the industry is known for its surplus of skillful writers who can seamlessly integrate these sorts of things into the narrative without making it seem like they're pushing an agenda, or trying to fill some privilege quota or some such crap, right?

"Wait, what's this about genderqueer otherkin transniggers being people too? I just want to shoot dudes in the face. Game, you're getting weird on me."

Or maybe they won't even notice. I don't even know anymore.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Female protagonist only viable if getting raped a valid playstyle, not instant game-over.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
November the 20th. Set in Tibet.

BnsJGq8IQAAE-H3.jpg
I just realized how much he looks like my ex from Thailand...
vfNxWNV.jpg

mBRfi9x.jpg

Elephants crave human blood.

If these things don't go full blown Skyrim Giants and punch people into the stratosphere, I will be very disappointed.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So I'm replaying Far Cry 3. Amazing how that popamole is infinitely more fun than some other FP hiking simulator like Skyrim. Even the writing and story are better.

If the reviews for this are decent I'll be picking it up. Himalayas looks gorgeous.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Wait until you reach the second island. Then you will bore to death.
You managed to get that far? When I got to that psycho gay hobo fucking the main character cousin or something, I was alreasy fed up with the game. It tried to shock me but honestly, I wanted all those airhead fucks to die anyway... the gameplay stopped showing anything interesting by two hours in the game and the story... what story?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My favorite story part of FC3 is when you rescue your girlfriend and tell her your brother is dead. Later you come back and she tells you that while you were away killing bad guys she has been building a cross for your brother, only to see its just two sticks tied with a string.

Problem with the game was that its way too easy, with no enemy variety, money is not an issue, and after one firefight and one outpost attack you have seen everything the game has to offer.

Last edited:

gromit

Arcane
Wait until you reach the second island. Then you will bore to death.
You managed to get that far? When I got to that psycho gay hobo fucking the main character cousin or something, I was alreasy fed up with the game.
I've had it sitting on my hard drive for quite some time, more or less unplayed... got fed up much sooner than you.

Sat / crawled / sat / ran / sat through the intro, got started on the first "real" map. Bought a gun, climbed the first tower, talked to the quest giver and he told me to go kill some boars. I noticed that, with the little bit of poking around I did around town, I almost had enough to buy the (first?) silenced pistol. Sweet. Checked the map, there was a treasure/stash/whatever about 20y away, back up the hill with the tower.

Walking / climbing...
newbie-friendly reboot said:
Tou're leaving the mission area! You'll fail the mission!
That's... slightly disconcerting given how FC2 stressed going the long way around, and/or finding interesting angles of attack... but fine, whatever, it's the first-or-second "real" quest and I know how to start it again.

Walking / climbing...
game forged of pure spite said:
Fuck you, you failure! We're respawning you at the bottom of the hill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom