Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 4 - *insert witty subtitle here*

exe

Augur
"Mission 3: In this epic bro-tastic conclusion"
:D

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I feel sorry for the slaves they force to enter words like those into their own game's description.

The only game which that description could flatter is Broforce.

RPGMaster

Savant
Was I supposed to have my mind blown whenever he went on about the definition of insanity like I hadn't heard it a thousand time before in other things?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Ubisoft missed the boat, nobody gives a fuck about some Bhutan hiking simulator. A Far Cry set in the Caliphate would've been the bomb.

image10.jpg

Borelli

Arcane
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-19-ubisoft-unveils-far-cry-4-protagonist
Ubisoft unveils Far Cry 4 protagonist
Meet Ajay Ghale, aka, the player.

140316579048.jpg

In Far Cry 4, the upcoming open world shooter from Ubisoft, you play Ajay Ghale.

Ghale is a native of Kyrat, the fictional Himalayan region in which Far Cry 4 is set. It is ruled by a despotic self appointed king Pagan Min.

In a Tweet Ubisoft described Ghale as a "devoted son", and "Pagan Min's guest of honour".

Min was unveiled at E3 last week with a video, below, showcasing Far Cry 4's opening five minutes.

Ghale arrives in Kyrat tucked into the back of a packed bus. Things quickly get nervy at a checkpoint - and go south from there.

Problem, SJWs?

Se he is supposed to be from himalaya yet he looks vanilla boy with a tiny dash of exotic for "we put yellow people in our game" cred.:roll: He is yellow in the same way Obama is black.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
I liked Far Cry 3, a guilty pleasure, but it was certainly a compromised, at times shitty game that pushed hard to appeal to a broad audience. If you ignore the bullshit mechanics there's a feasible game to be played. Next one seems more of the same, but hopefully this is not the case. Wishful thinking of course.

sbb

Learned
Would you prefer the benevolent ones?
Everytime I see someone trying for the over-the-top, sinister, blood-sucking villain with long monologues and little bouts of shouting, I'm totally distracted by the fact that they're trying to do that. Especially with this new tool in Far Cry 4, obviously riding the Vaas train that stopped rolling an eternity ago.

• Villain viciously stabs henchman in a fit of rage
  • Villain: "Damn. I got blood on my shoes."
  • Audience: "Woooah"

Borelli

Arcane
There is a special place in Hell for villains who kill their subordinates (and writers who write them).

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
FC3 surprisingly good for product of corporate executive design-by-committee.

Even challenging here non non-Journalist difficulty levels.

Drakron

Arcane
There is a special place in Hell for villains who kill their subordinates (and writers who write them).

Keep in mind he did tell him to NOT shoot the bus and "it got of control".

The only "bad" thing is he did it himself but its pretty clear he is a nutjob but world is filled with nutjobs that hold power.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Would you prefer the benevolent ones?
Everytime I see someone trying for the over-the-top, sinister, blood-sucking villain with long monologues and little bouts of shouting, I'm totally distracted by the fact that they're trying to do that. Especially with this new tool in Far Cry 4, obviously riding the Vaas train that stopped rolling an eternity ago.

• Villain viciously stabs henchman in a fit of rage
  • Villain: "Damn. I got blood on my shoes."
  • Audience: "Woooah"
Meh. Even these retarded over the top Farcry villains are still better than 99% of vidya game antagonists who just want to destroy the world for no reason.

Yeah, I'm sure that fabulous Caucasian villain that keeps men of color on their knees before him will fare well with the SJW crowd.

ib1F7RsldA53PJ.jpg

Here's hoping they piss off both sides and learn that these people do not actually want to be catered to, as it robs them of the right to be offended.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom