Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 4 - *insert witty subtitle here*

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I'm still waiting for them to make Farcry 2 and Crysis 2.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Far Cry 3 had it's moments when it remember it was an open world FPS and not a piss poor uncharted/CoD game like it was on a ton of missions. Those popamole sections are so fucking awful when you compare with the open world stuff. I remember having fun placing fire on a marijuana plantation while listening to Reggae to just have my hopes destroyed with:

Hey, there is a huge village for me to explore... what? No? I have to scort this asshole that doesn't wait for me and survive waves of enemies on a certain spot selected by this very same asshole?
Hey, I gonna have to save this hippie retarded guy so he can reach the boat? Wait a minute? I HAVE to use a sniper rifle? And it must be on a specific spot where this sniper rifle gonna be? I can't set any kind of ambush I want?
Okay, artifact hunt, nice some underground fun... wait a minute? It is just a popamolish, shoot fish in a barrel on a linear tunnel until reaching the end? And I have to do this shit four times?
Okay, rescue girlfriend... what? I'm captured on a cutscene then sent on a place where the crazy dude set it on fire, I have to escape the fire then MY character tell the slut to drive and I'm forced to stay on the back shooting with the grenade launcher on porsuing jeeps reminding me that first person Uncharted is even worse than the original.
Okay, let's do some of those outposts, those alarms must be dangerous...what? if the alarm is triggered, they come with two jeeps with four dudes that I can blow up with one rocket laucher shot as soon as they show their face? No refurbished tanks or helicopters?
Okay, let's sneak... fuck, even Arkham city "stealth" sections are more challenging and complex than this. Just go crawling, kill one dude and do awesome QTE to kill other 3 ones nearby. No interesting gadgets, nothing to make the thing more than pure boring exploiting the dumb enemy AI? You can even fucking see enemies through walls, making stealth as fun as filling a tax return form.
Okay, right... I have to kill this dude on a side quest, the catch is that he can't see me but he spawn on some generic place and the thing becomes a game of "let's find where everybody have their backs turned. They spawn only five or so guys to make your life really tough.
Hunting sidequests... go to certain place, in there, will be waiting a bullet spongy version of an animal with a slightly different skin. Revolutionary.
Money... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let's see how many enemies are going to survive after having my overpowered as fuck grenade launcher with pratically endless ammo and my bow with endless explosive arrows. Those outposts man... they are so fucking hard. Wait? After I conquer an outpost I can reload my grenade launcher in there and proceed to anihilate the next outpost? Cool.
Okay, I can release this tiger/comodo dragon with a bow shot and he will kill AN ENTIRE outpost, that is such a fun option of having a big lizard making you useless.
RPG "skills"... okay, I can get a QTE attack that can murder most enemies with the only requirement is for all of them being on the screen and I get one on a melee attack? I can double my health? Shit, I can make an easy game even easier... this is a really well integrated system and not pointless at all.
Everytime I climb on a radio tower that is a climbing puzzle for retards, I get a free weapon for... reasons. Well, who need money anyway?
This open world must be really something to experience... No? The enemies don't have convoys to be intercepted or big patrols to be attacked? And most outposts are small as fuck and feel samey and repetitive after doing 1/3 of them? And the enemy don't come with serious firepower after you, you gonna avoid them more because they are fucking annoying with their infinite respawn than really posing a threat.

The DLC is much better, they got outposts where you have buildings with multiple levels, some of them can only be reached on a boat or swimming, the side quests got a little more work with them with a few of them really hard to do on stealth mode and there are a few moments like storming a huge damn but as in Far Cry 3 when there is any hint of difficulty (and I'm not talking balls hard difficulty but moderately reflex demanding difficulty) the game reacts with LET'S KILL IT WITH FIRE. Far Cry 3 really left me butthurt, there are a few moments that shine and could be really good material for a good game but no, no, no... Far Cary 3 isn't great at all.
:bro:
It could have been great but no, it was just piss easy popamole and atricious QTE bullshit.
I loved the first Far Cry and after all these glowing recommendations everywhere I made the mistake to buy the 3. part.
What a boring grind, what a waste of potential. :cry:

Azazel

Arbiter

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm playing Just Cause 2, probably made by a fraction of the budget of Far Cry 3 but as open world shooters go, in comparison, it's easy to see how Ubisoft main studios are intellectually bankrupt. I just have zero trust on the people that made Far Cry 3.

The sad thing is that the guy responsible for a quick config change to downgrade WD has probably been sacked, and the next game Ubisoft decides to downgrade they will spend significantly more time and money downgrading the game in a way that won't embarrass them later. Literally paying people to make the game worse.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Far Cry 3 looked alright and had incredible revolutionary PC-exclusive features like FOV settings, I wouldn't worry about FC4

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Far Cry 4 is cross-gen right? So it makes sense the PS4 version will basically look like the PC version, because both will be subtly improved Xbox 360 games, not new paradigms.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Far Cry 4 is cross-gen right? So it makes sense the PS4 version will basically look like the PC version, because both will be subtly improved Xbox 360 games, not new paradigms.
It looks exactly like Far Cry 3, I don't know why people expect better. Next Gen just means consoles will now run the games on medium-high instead of low-medium

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It looks exactly like Far Cry 3, I don't know why people expect better. Next Gen just means consoles will now run the games on medium-high instead of low-medium

In the end graphics aren't super important, it's the tiny level sizes I want rid of. Hopefully the expanded RAM in the new systems means more games with larger areas.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-19-ubisoft-unveils-far-cry-4-protagonist
Ubisoft unveils Far Cry 4 protagonist
Meet Ajay Ghale, aka, the player.

140316579048.jpg

In Far Cry 4, the upcoming open world shooter from Ubisoft, you play Ajay Ghale.

Ghale is a native of Kyrat, the fictional Himalayan region in which Far Cry 4 is set. It is ruled by a despotic self appointed king Pagan Min.

In a Tweet Ubisoft described Ghale as a "devoted son", and "Pagan Min's guest of honour".

Min was unveiled at E3 last week with a video, below, showcasing Far Cry 4's opening five minutes.

Ghale arrives in Kyrat tucked into the back of a packed bus. Things quickly get nervy at a checkpoint - and go south from there.

Problem, SJWs?

Last edited:

Azazel

Arbiter
At least he doesn't look like smug yuppie trash like the last one was.

He sure as fuck sounded like it during that E3 gameplay, though. I thought he was going to be another american tourist, based on the whiny white boy voice.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

In the end graphics aren't super important, it's the tiny level sizes I want rid of. Hopefully the expanded RAM in the new systems means more games with larger areas.

Yeah "larger areas" with conveniently placed unscalable mountain ridges, uncrossable ravines and tiny villages completely sealed into small valleys.

Basically invisible walls for next-gen.

It's gonna be action bubble galore. Good for their faux "open world" game.

I bet the Ubishit employee that came up with the Himalaya setting idea already got a promotion.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Ubisoft takes the decline to the next level,

they're asking €90 €80 for the "Gold Edition" of their latest popamole FPS:

coomdddqjd04.png

nicolas-cage-laughingrmd6j.gif

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It comes with a season pass. It's a high price, but it'll probably save you money if you know you want all the DLC.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Far Cry 3 didn't have any significant DLC that I recall. Of course this time around they might milk it more. Still, no interest in this game. Not even at $5 which it won't get to for half a dozen years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom