Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 2, Still looking pretty cool.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
What ruined Crysis for me was the lack of interesting weapons, enemies, special abilities, storyline, and environments.

Nael

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
What ruined Crysis for me was the lack of interesting weapons, enemies, special abilities, storyline, and environments.

Yeah. I meant that too...

Although I thought the weapons were serviceable, and I think that some of the special abilities were O.K.. Although a good example being the fact that "speed mode" was totally useless. Wee! I can reload my gun faster and I can run really fast for about .5 seconds! :roll:

I have a wary eye set on Farcry 2. I have respect for Crytek because of the first Farcry, but I think it'll be a tall order to outdo that first offering. Perhaps I'm just a spoiled brat. *shrug*

KreideBein

Scholar
Nael said:
I was disappointed with Crysis. Despite all the hype it still felt like more of the same to me. Sure you could choose to disable this GPS tower here, or take out a base there, but what kind of fucking idiot wouldn't? You had very little freedom of movement thru the game. The path was wide, but it was a path all the same.

I predict Farcry 2 will be the same as well. Until I'm proven wrong I call bullshit on this game's hype and you're all fools for falling for it.

Nael said:
I have a wary eye set on Farcry 2. I have respect for Crytek because of the first Farcry, but I think it'll be a tall order to outdo that first offering. Perhaps I'm just a spoiled brat. *shrug*

I'd have reservations about Far Cry 2 as well if Crytek were developing it. However, as you would know if you had bothered to look at anything at all about it, you would know that it is not, in fact, being developed by the aforementioned studio. It's being developed by Ubisoft Montreal; Crytek has nothing to do with the project other than being responsible for coming up with the name "Far Cry".

Nael

Arcane
KreideBein said:
I'd have reservations about Far Cry 2 as well if Crytek were developing it. However, as you would know if you had bothered to look at anything at all about it, you would know that it is not, in fact, being developed by the aforementioned studio. It's being developed by Ubisoft Montreal; Crytek has nothing to do with the project other than being responsible for coming up with the name "Far Cry".

Oops. :oops:

Well that's kinda fucked up...

Gerrard

Arcane
Apparently it has been leaked. For the XBox.

In other news, good people at PC games hardware spent some time with the game and its built-in benchmark tool, so you can check (more or less) how the game will run on your beast of a PC.

There's also a gallery of screenshots that I find rather underwhelming, probably because there's not enough bloom and contrast.

Deleted member 7219

Bit worried about the CPU requirements.

I just reach minimum. I've got an Athlon 64 3700.... it runs games like Mass Effect, The Witcher, NWN2 absolutely fine, but obviously for a game like Far Cry 2 a multi-core would be better.

Data4

Arcane
Kingston said:
Why do games nowadays leak on the 360? What's wrong with the PC?

Well, given the latest bullshit from developers about how PC gaming is dying and all games will be console games in the future, I'm thinking this might be a message.

Gerrard

Arcane
Kingston said:
Must be the sneaky PC pirates, they are sabotaging other platforms.

Saints Row 2 too.

Deleted member 7219

Trash said:
Matt7895 said:
Far Cry took place on an Earth where big mutants exist.

You obviously never met Cleve before.

riso4ielt5.gif

Data4 said:
Kingston said:

Well, given the latest bullshit from developers about how PC gaming is dying and all games will be console games in the future, I'm thinking this might be a message.

Is there a secret cabal of PC game loving warez-kiddies determined to send publishers a message that their pristine console games (sales) are safe from evil pirates? So pirates end up saving PC gaming (again)? Awesome!

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Huh. This game was really far off of my scopes, but now I'm kind of jazzed about it.

It has a sort of GTA feel to it that I'm iffy on, but the change of setting may be enough to keep me interested.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i am not removing fc2 for pc from inventory right now. if it's as good as it's jazzed up to be, i might even permanently remove it from inventory.

though there is no crack yet.

toroid

Arcane
So can we expect a codexian review/LP pointing out all the glaring flaws and lazy design choices? I'm curious to see the truth™ behind the hype so I can buy/crack this bitch.

Dark Matter

Prophet
I'm probably gonna get this game on day one for the 360, so I'll post my impressions when I can.

The_Pope

Scholar
There's nothing in FPSs that makes me rage like exploding into a shower of giblets whenever I bump into a parked car.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm getting a computer that should be able to play it in mid November :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom