Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 2 finally fixed!

Angthoron

Arcane
Is there a piss filter removal stand-alone mod, by any chance?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
FC3 might not have that retarded respawn system, but it's a major step backwards anyway. I prefer my FC2 with its flaws.

So it seems that it is possible to get rid of checkpoints altogether just that he's fine with it..:M
Um, yeah. Respawning enemies or no enemies at all. Which is better and why?
:retarded:

Well I'd prefer no respawning checkpoints actually except maybe around the major locations like airports, towns etc. Problem is that in FC2 there's one every 50 metres even in the middle of nowhere. The manpower alone needed to man all these checkpoints seems to take up 95% of the entire militia force. I'd prefer the removal of at least half of them altogether and the rest could stay with smaller numbers of troops or a longer delay before respawning.

I guess there are those like yourself that like to have the same firefights every 50 metres over and over, spending 90% of the game with them. I can see why this game is heaven for you :M

It would be wise to release two versions of his mod: with and without the respawns.

Well I would accept the respawns as a compromise if they reset at least after every few missions or 'chapters', or when transitioning an area or fuck at least during a mission to not respawn at least until after you triggered the next one. Like this it's bullshit as every mission you spend more time fighting these checkpoints than you do proper military bases with a skewed kill count to boot: 50 checkpoint troops and 15-20 actual mission troops.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i've been playing the mod now for quite a while, but i'm still on map 1, and even back when the game was released that was the most tolerable part of the game with semi functioning stealth and enemies that actually did drop in 2-4 shots.

anyone on map 2 yet? does it get worse, like in the original, or does the mod really help?

The checkpoint system is so fucktarded. It should have been a road patrol system or something, with maybe a couple bases/forts that became reoccupied over time. And there should have been different factions fighting for these forts, so you weren't the sole focus of their attentions. Kind of like the Trigen/Mercenaries in the first game. And then you should have been able to influence how much territory the factions control, which might be more advantageous for different missions. And you should have been able to...

Fuck I hate this game.

JrK

Prophet
Installed mod, played with it until far along on the second map. The beginning was fun and much better than before. Assault rifles actually kill, recoil was better, you could actually use stealth without the guys using aimbots and wallhacks to kill you from a mile away. But somewhere along the second map that all changed and it seems back to normal. AI running somewhere not my position, not aware of my current pos, suddenly start shooting as I come in line of sight even if their gun is pointed another way. They keep running so they still don't react to my presence, except for the bullets coming out of their guns and magically turning around in the air to strike me from any distance.

Checkpoints aren't so much of a problem as you can mostly avoid them, but the constant road patrols that can instakill you due to improved enemy damage are a nightmare. Taking any vehicle is a death sentence, which isn't good for this game. Also the guys at random positions in the map, fuck them.

Silva

Arcane
So, any new mod actually correcting the game flaws ? I'm just finishing another Stalker CoP run and would like to try Far Cry 2 for a change of pace ( I tried Far Cry 3 but it looked like a theme park for retard kids).

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
This isn't about mods, but didn't find better thread to put this in.
Everyone probably knows about the infamous black screen bug, which drops the game back to the desktop right after launch. I tried every possible solution found in google, like changing various parameters in GamerProfile.xml and setting all sorts of compatibility modes and hell knows what else. Even tried to launch it via integrated intel gpu. Maybe someone has had experience with the exact platform i have: ASUS A53S laptop with GT 630M gpu, i3 cpu and 2 gigs of memory. I saw someone on youtube playing the game on the exact same gpu (though i don't know what laptop that was) without problems.
Any unorthodox solutions that haven't been circulating the net anyone? (yes, i want to play shitty game - deal with it)

Divinity: Original Sin
Everyone probably knows about the infamous black screen bug, which drops the game back to the desktop right after launch. I tried every possible solution found in google, like changing various parameters in GamerProfile.xml and setting all sorts of compatibility modes and hell knows what else. Even tried to launch it via integrated intel gpu. Maybe someone has had experience with the exact platform i have: ASUS A53S laptop with GT 630M gpu, i3 cpu and 2 gigs of memory. I saw someone on youtube playing the game on the exact same gpu (though i don't know what laptop that was) without problems.
Any unorthodox solutions that haven't been circulating the net anyone? (yes, i want to play shitty game - deal with it)
I can't recall, but isn't it related to the directx 9c, 10 or 11 option?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
God is merciful

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Maybe go to your Nvidia panel under RMB on desktop, where there should be section for games profiles. Create profile for fc2.exe or whatever it is called and change various setting.
I remember some codexer had that issue and making new profile with his own settings did the job.

Or play in the window? -w in command lines

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Maybe go to your Nvidia panel under RMB on desktop, where there should be section for games profiles. Create profile for fc2.exe or whatever it is called and change various setting.
I remember some codexer had that issue and making new profile with his own settings did the job.

Or play in the window? -w in command lines
I already tinkered with that a bit. Problem is that i don't understand most of the gobbledegook there. Anyway, will try to turn knobs randomly and maybe something awesome happens.
So much effort just to play one of the worst games you will ever play.
:happytrollboy:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
:necro:

Just for posterity if anyone might find this useful. It appears there's no fucking problem with DX, nor shaders, nor anything at all, at least for me. I found out that both FC2 and 3 extremely dislike if you install it on an external hard drive like i'm doing for most of my games given mu SSD system disk is only 120gb large.
Yeah, i know, shit sucks and all, but i just want some casual FPS sandboxing at the moment. I know you would suggest Stalker, but i'm affraid i'm too shit at fps'es and my reaction times have gone to shit since i hit 25 or 6 i think. Also, i hate survival-horror cliche with a passion. Let me kill humans, not some stupid blobs of meat.
Anyway, both games have the same issue of crashing right in my face, which i realized now after deciding to try the third despite never being able to launch the second. I read huuuge internet threads about what could cause it, which mainly circled around shitty DX11 support or faulty c++ or .net framework drivers, BUT as it appeared for me it was all because i install most of my games on external USB3 hard drive. There's usually no problem with it whatsoever and they also run smooth given the it's USB3 so data streaming is fast, but you see, FartCry series don't like you installing games in any other location than your C:.
That is all. In for some shit gaming. :excellent:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I recently reinstalled FC2 for the 3rd time (again with Dylan's Mod aka the only way to play it) to deal with it further than getting first hideout and diamond.
I never install games on C:\ (always on D:\ or F:\). I know, you talk about external drive...

Speaking about Stalker - there is no need for good reflex whatsoever. My own declined massively in last 5 years yet didn't stopped me from enjoying them.

Maybe try Call of Chernobyl (with either Arsenal Overhaul or SWTC) with Warfare addon, no need to visit Labs and these are the only source of scary stuff. All you need is to shoot stuff. Total warfare.

A user named cat

I really don't know why anyone feels the need to defend themselves about playing FC games, there are much worse guilty pleasures out there. The sharpshooter AI, copy-pasta plots, collectamole and wildlife abundance are obvious flaws but for some shooting exploration escapism, they're as good as it gets. Both 3 and 4 were pretty fun and much better sandboxes than Bethesda garbage which a good chunk of faggots here play. Also STALKER is awful.

theunbeholden

Novice
Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
So which one is the best mod for a first run?

Dylan, Infamous, Jackal or RealMod? I prefer to keep the nice stuff like map objectives and flashing items while having a tough ass experience exchanging Willkommen! bullets with niggers.

Don Peste

Arcane
https://www.moddb.com/mods/hunters-far-cry-2-update
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAR CRY 2!
  • Return of the Jackal tapes! - New Dunia.dll has fixed the 1.03 patch tape glitch
  • Predecessor Tape missions built in! - No need for codes or a uplay account
  • No blinking items! - New Dunia.dll has removed the silly item blinking
  • Dynamic enemy AI! - New AI allows for NPC clashes, more verbal and aggressive enemies, less chasing
  • Infamous heal animations restored! - Infamous healing bug fixed
  • Better ballistics! - Weapons have more accurate range and damage
  • Accurate magazine sizes! - 7.62x51 rifles now have 20 round mags, Spas 12 holds 9, etc.
  • FOV Fixer compatibility! - Unlike other mods, FOV fixer works with Hunter's FC2 Update
  • Full DLC Weapon support! - The Sawed Off and Suppressed Pump Action now have accurate ammo
  • Retail & GOG support! - This mod is fully compatible with the original disc version and the GOG release
Install:

1. Backup your patch.dat, patch.fat, and Dunia.dll files.
  2. Extract the files from this mod into their place - patch.dat and patch.fat into Far Cry 2 > Data_Win32, and Dunia.dll into Far Cry 2 > bin
  3. Start a new game
Optional but recommended:

1. Run the included "ExtraContent.reg" to add extra machetes and missions to your game
  2. Follow the PCGW instructions to disable Depth of Field
  3. Add -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1 to your launch options
Important

• There are two version of this mod. The Steam and GOG versions are NOT fully cross compatible.
  • Special thanks to FoxAhead
Thank you for checking out the mod. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if you encounter bugs.

Abhay

Augur
I was going to post this. Have been playing 6 hours non-stop. Its a fantastic update. Loving the game so much. Every FC2 fan must download Hunters mod. Its so freakin' good.

ADL

Prophet
https://www.nexusmods.com/farcry2/mods/326?tab=description
MNfm37H.jpg

Improved graphics

• 'Colourful Far Cry 2' reshade configuration. This is Far Cry 2 with vibrant colours, very simple with no extra post-processing. You can easily customise the saturation of the colour with included instructions. (Realism+)
  • 60 FPS cap - prevents various bugs. (Both, credit to Fox Ahead)
  • Removed rim lighting - the blue light at night that makes the player look like an alien. (Both)
  • Lifetime of most decals maintained at default values. (Realism+)
  • Increased number of physics items. (Redux)

The following graphics settings have been improved, the default settings for these have been moved down a tier, so Ultra High is now Very High, High is now Medium etc: (Realism+)

Geometry (Ultra High) - This setting has a huge performance impact. Turn this down to Very High if you have low fps!
  • Increased draw distance for trees.
  • Increased draw distance for minor terrain details (rocks etc).
  • Enhanced LOD for objects/trees/vegetation.
  • 8x max number of decals (bullet holes etc).

Geometry (Very High) - This setting replaces the original ultra high setting as it has a small 1-2 fps impact.
  • Increased draw distance for trees.
  • Enhanced LOD for objects/trees/vegetation.
  • 4x max number of decals (bullet holes etc).

Shadows (Improvements have been added to every setting)
  • Softer, more realistic shadows.
  • Trees and vegetation cast more shadows.
  • The original game had a line ~10m from the player where high quality shadows became low quality shadows. This has been fixed.

Ambient (High)
  • Increased draw distance for static shadows.

Terrain (Ultra High)
  • Enhanced terrain LOD.

New textures
  • AI-Enhanced textures for the UI/HUD, weapons, vehicles, and small objects such as posters, billboards and other minor world details. (Realism+)
  • Road signs have a new a high resolution hand-painted style font. New signs have been created for weapon shops and safehouses. Weapon shop road signs are no longer green. (Realism+)
  • Hand-drawn map icons in the style of the originals. (Realism+)
  • Detailed, full-colour weapon icons, made using pre-existing game art. (Realism+)
  • Syrette icon is now an actual syrette, not a syringe. (Realism+)
  • M16 is now black, and the FAL’s stock and grip are wooden. (Redux)

Weapon improvements
  • Extra gadget slot for the flare gun, accessible by pressing the machete button twice. (Redux)
  • Weapons can be holstered by pressing 'n' on keyboard (rebindable). Most actions will holster your weapon automatically, exceptions being healing or throwing grenades which will lead to your weapon being drawn. (Redux). On controller weapons can be holstered by holding Y. (Realism+)
  • Weapons can be inspected by pressing ‘i’ on keyboard (rebindable). (Redux). On controller weapons can be inspected by holding X. (Realism+)
  • Weapon animations have been tweaked so weapons are held lower when standing, and are fully lowered (safe zone style) when crouched. (Redux)
  • Weapons found in safehouses (mission related, not from safehouse weapon crates) are now in better condition. They now have 50% durability remaining, increased from the default 25% durability remaining. (Realism+)
  • Weapons do not automatically reload. (Redux)
  • Increased ironsight FOV. (Realism+)
  • Weapons have been renamed to have names realistic to their real world versions. (Redux)
  • DLC weapons have been added to the ammo upgrades. (Realism+)
  • DLC weapons are more reliable and accurate to account for them lacking performance upgrades. (Realism+)
  • The flare gun is available to purchase during the tutorial, and has been removed as a reward from convoy mission 1. (Redux)
  • AR-16's sight has a red dot. (Both)
  • Sawed-off shotgun uses shotgun ammo. (Both)

Weapon rebalances

Machete
  • 'Creeping' has been added to the machete so you can walk at half speed by holding the iron sight button. (Realism+)
  • Machete stealth kills aren’t silent. (Redux)

Pistols (Realism+)
  • Makarov & Silenced Makarov - +25% damage, 3x max ammo, magazine size increased to 12, -15% accuracy.
  • Star .45 - +40% damage, 3x max ammo, +33% effective range.
  • Desert Eagle - +50% damage, 2x recoil.

SMGs (Realism+)
  • The MP5 is a secondary. As such it's ammo upgrade has been changed to the light assault webbing and it now gets ammo pickups from the other SMGs.
  • Some of the weapon upgrades have been changed to accommodate the MP5 as a secondary. The MP5 is automatically available at the start of Act 2. The Uzi is available as a reward from convoy mission 4 and the SVD is available as a reward from convoy mission 3. This has been done because the MP5 is the best SMG and the natural progression is MAC-10 -> Uzi -> MP5.
  • MAC-10 - +50% recoil.
  • Uzi - +50% recoil, improved reliability.
  • MP5 - +50% recoil, reduced reliability, reduced effective range.

Shotguns (Realism+)
  • All shotguns are more accurate with improved effective range.
  • SPAS12 - reduced magazine size to 9.
  • Silenced shotgun - reduced magazine size to 4.

Assault rifles
  • All assault rifles effective range increased by 33%. (Realism+)
  • G3KA4 and FAL magazine sizes corrected to realistic 20 round capacity (Redux)
  • AR-16 - Now fully automatic (Both), +15% accuracy. (Realism+)
  • Golden AK-47 - -50% Recoil. (Realism+)

LMGs (Realism+)
  • PKM recoil reduced by 20%.

Flamethrower
  • Flamethrower range tripled to 30m. (Realism+)
  • Various tweaks to make enemies use flamethrowers more effectively. (Redux)

Rocket launchers (Realism+)
  • RPG/Carl G - Rocket speed increased 2x.

Explosive crossbow (Realism+)
  • Crossbow projectile speed increased 2x, projectiles fire in an arc.
  • Crossbow ammo increased (+1 infamous, +2 hardcore/normal, +3 easy).

Mortar (Realism+)
  • Mortar max ammo increased by 50%.

Vehicle improvements
  • Vehicle and boat speed increased, reduced the damage vehicles take from crashes. (Realism+)
  • Permanent windshield bullet holes. (Both)
  • DLC vehicles come in a variety of colours. (Both)
  • Improved hang glider stability when shot - you will lose some control and altitude but only be pushed into a nose dive under very heavy fire. (Realism+)
  • Increased look angle for the swamp boats so you can look behind you while driving. (Realism+)
  • Added 'v' as a dedicated keyboard button to look back when driving (rebindable). (Realism+)

Weapon/Upgrade shop improvements
  • Reorganised shop so the order of everything makes more sense (unfortunately this has broken the Upgrades section of the pause menu, you need to use the shop computer to see which upgrades you have bought). (Realism+)
  • All ammo, health and repair upgrades are available early in the game. (Both)
  • Weapons in the armoury don't respawn instantly - there will be fresh stock next time you visit. (Both)
  • New vehicle upgrades have been added for the DLC vehicles. (Realism+)

Gameplay improvements
  • Deadly combat - Increased player (Redux) and enemy damage (Realism+).
  • Increased range for outpost respawns - credit to Scubrah.
  • Infamous Redux difficulty – a rebalanced version of Infamous difficulty with a more forgiving amount of ammo. There are similar improvements for Hardcore difficulty too. (Redux)
  • Limited navigation - removed the player arrow from the map and other map/GPS/road sign tweaks for an extra immersive experience. (Redux)
  • Play as the female mercenaries. (Both)
  • Play as an 'Anonymous Mercenary', randomly generated using the same system that generates enemies. (Realism+)
  • Improved player agility - Increased stamina (Realism+), increased sprint speed (Realism+), reduced sprint turn penalty (Realism+), increased jump height (Realism+), increased slop climbing capability (Realism+), reduced fall damage (New Mix)
  • Reduced stamina drain when exploring the desert. (Realism+)
  • Improved stealth - reduced enemy perception pre-combat by 20%. (Realism+)
  • Controls changes – ‘Tab’ now uses the map, tap ‘Shift’ to sprint. (Redux)
  • Shortened the taxi ride during the intro. (Redux)
  • Changed the malaria pill animation to an existing rare animation, where the player pours out two pills and puts one back. (Realism+)
  • The HUD fades out 3x faster. (Redux)
  • Reduced monocular sensitivity. (Both)
  • Briefcases that previously contained one diamond now contain two. (Realism+)
  • Explosive barrels now start fires. (Realism+)

Enemy and Buddy improvements
  • Enhanced enemy arsenal - enemies can use almost every weapon and go through loadout progressions over the course of the game. (New Mix – Based on Realism+ but with reduced silencers and increased flamethrowers from Redux)
  • Buddies also use more weapons and will go through their own progression curves. (Realism+)
  • New buddy rescue – The Dogon Village buddy rescue in map 2 has been replaced with the Black Mamba rescue, found in a wrecked train in the North-West desert. (Redux, credit to Lasercar)
  • Enemy infighting - patrols and camps will fight each other. (Redux)
  • Enemies shout out and communicate more often during combat. (Redux)
  • Patrol vehicles have been swapped to a more interesting variety and they now include the ATV and utility truck. (Redux)
  • Specops enemies now have a unique appearance fitting for being 'foreign commandos'. (Realism+)
  • More unpredictable enemies - behaviours such as rescuing injured comrades, using mounted weapons or closing distance using vehicles are no longer guaranteed to occur. (New Mix)
  • The chance for enemies to chase you when driving through checkpoints has been reduced to 25%. (New Mix)

Bug fixes
  • A new game executable is included that has been patched to use 4GB of RAM, this improves load times and game stability. (Realism+)
  • Restored missing big truck engine sounds. (Both)
  • Restored missing critical healing animations on Infamous difficulty. (Both)
  • Fixed bouncing NPCs. (Both, credit to Fox Ahead)
  • Fixed the silent phone call bug (mostly, use DirectX 9). (Both)
  • Fixed being able to see the edges of your arms when using the hang glider. (Realism+)
  • Fixed the hang glider bouncing on water - it is now buoyant and you can climb onto it while it is floating. (Realism+)
  • Fixed assassination targets having the same vision as snipers. (Realism+)
  • Fixed a sniper that often gets stuck inside a rock in map 2, at the ammunition outpost between the Crash Site and Sepoko. They are now stood next to the rocket enemy at the same outpost. (Realism+)
  • Fixed the MAC-10 being silent. (Realism+)
  • Fixed mouse speed clamping. (Both)
  • Improved a slight misalignment of the vehicle GPS. (Realism+)

Changelog

1.0.2 - Added a fix for dropped weapons disappearing quickly.

1.0.3 - Added a new 'Installation Instructions' document to the download.

1.0.4 - Downgraded Reshade to 5.2.2 as 5.4.2 wasn't working with Steam.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What is this FOV jfc
Sawed-off shotgun uses shotgun ammo.
what were we shooting in vanilla if not buckshots?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom