Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fan Theory Predicts ES 6 Plot

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
https://gamerant.com/elder-scolls-6-story-morrowind/

In The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, when visiting the priest Lloros Sarano in the Ald’ruhn Temple, the cleric will make mention of a possible invasion by the Akaviri, a mysterious race from Akavir (East of Tamriel) that is said to have vampiric and serpentine features. “They are apparently only waiting for the Empire to collapse in Civil War or some other crisis. We’d certainly need a Hortator then – if we had one, maybe they could travel to Akaviri before the invasion and weaken or stop it,” says the priest.

In Skyrim, a Civil War is currently taking place between the Stormcloaks and the Imperial Empire and this could be the very opportunity that the Akavari is looking for to launch its invasion. A Hortator, meanwhile, is a leader of a Great House during times of crisis and fans are wondering whether the player character in The Elder Scrolls 6 will hold such a title and that they will be the equivalent of Skyrim‘s Dragonborn.

While the theory sounds plausible as is, it is also backed up by the fact that Morrowind‘s Tribunal expansion also hinted at future story plans for the franchise. A character called Eno Romari in Godsreach says “we believe that the gates to Oblivion will open, and a multitude of Daedra will roam this world freely,” which of course pointed to The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

Zibniyat

Arcane
After the blandness of Oblivion and abortion that was Skyrim, I couldn't care less about ES anymore, especially not about its """lore""" that's been butchered beyond recognition. It's all shit at this point, and I'm even sorry for being edgy like this but it's the simple truth I'm afraid.

Hassknecht

Learned
I'd really hate it if they revisited the province of Morrowind because they'd fuck it up hard.
Let them use Black Marsh or Valenwood or Elsweyr, even though they'd fuck those up hard, too. They made Cyrodil boring and generic, pretty sure they could do it to any other province.

Andhaira

Arcane
Protip: every Elder Scrolls game after Morrowind is meaningless fanfiction and has no connection to the awesome Lore of Morrowind and before.

Skyrim had the best gameplay out of any TES game, save perhaps Daggerfall. Skyrim is a fun game and has lots of nifty bits and a lot of flaws too yes, but its definitely worth playing.

Okagron

Prophet
Nah, next Elder Scrolls you become the Emperor and then the 10th Divine, for no reason. Because Todd Howard wants the player to be special.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'd really hate it if they revisited the province of Morrowind because they'd fuck it up hard.
Let them use Black Marsh or Valenwood or Elsweyr, even though they'd fuck those up hard, too. They made Cyrodil boring and generic, pretty sure they could do it to any other province.
haven't they already done this though? didn't v'vardenfell errupt in a skyrim expansion pack, destroying most of the island's settlements?

and then there's ES:Online's morrowind, which I haven't played.

Hassknecht

Learned
haven't they already done this though? didn't v'vardenfell errupt in a skyrim expansion pack, destroying most of the island's settlements?

and then there's ES:Online's morrowind, which I haven't played.
Yeah, the Red Mountain exploded by the time of the Dragonborn DLC. Vvardenfell is already gone.

Ocelot

Learned
My favorite Elder Scrolls fan theory is Bethesda letting the franchise rest indefinitely so they can work on a brand new fantasy RPG that will actually be a good RPG.

Pretty wild theory but imagine the possibilities.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The biggest plot-line for TESVI: The Toddening is going to be how they make all mods go through Creation Club.

That would effectively halve their sales and lead to massive consumer backlash, especially now that the aura of hype around Bethesda has died down, and I doubt Bethesda would be able to recapture it with TES6 after ESO's anemic popularity.

SpoilVictor

Educated
Tbh Akaviri invasion could be nice distraction from Ultimate Ancient Evil Has Awoken And Will Kill Us All™ but BUT:
Bethesda should care enough to actually write good story and give Akaviri some depth other than they are evil and want to kill us all. Still there would be some BS 'cause they need to up the scale, spectacle creep: there were dragons so Akaviri would have ride on friggin giants or smth.

And frankly it doesn't really matter - all Bethesda needs are some pretty landscapes to contain ruins, tombs etc. and some pathetic excuse to go there. Akaviri or Yoghurt-people whatever, if Target Audience™ and esteemed critics wanted good story, characters or anything more than just 10000000000 markers on them map Skyrim wouldn't be 10/10 GOTY Best RPG Ever Made.

But we all know it isn't going to happen right, right?

eggdogg

Learned
You will play a prisoner who has no idea why they have been jailed. Upon escaping you find out that by some twist of fate you are actually God.

Probably going to be set in Hammerfell. The borders allow nostalgia DLC for Daggerfall, Skyrim and Oblivion, and they will want nothing to do with the empire for a while, which is convenient since it draws the focus away from them while they pick up their pieces after the gangbang from the war. The altmer are probably mondo butthurt about having to retreat so that gives an opportunity for a storyline where they attack again.

Hammerfell_map_Oblivion.jpg

War with Hammerfell

4E 175 — The Great War ends with the White-Gold Concordat.

The Concordat is a peace treaty between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion. The terms of treaty gave the Thalmor free reign to stamp out the worship of Talos throughout the Empire, and ceded a large section of southern Hammerfell. Critics note that these terms are almost identical to the ultimatum that Titus Mede II rejected at the start of the war. It can be noted however that if the Emperor had not agreed to the terms of the treaty, the Dominion would have destroyed the Empire.

4E 175 — Hammerfell leaves the Empire after rejecting the White-Gold Concordat.

Titus II renounces Hammerfell as a province of the Empire to preserve the treaty after the Redguards oppose ceding their lands. The Redguards see this as a betrayal, and a lasting bitterness between Hammerfell and the Empire is sown to the delight of the Thalmor. Hammerfell continues to war with the Aldmeri Dominion for the next five years.

4E 176 — The Aldmeri Dominion hears word of the Markarth Incident and pressures the Empire to enforce the ban on Talos worship stipulated by the White-Gold Concordat by punishing Ulfric Stormcloak and his followers.

4E 180 — The Second Treaty of Stros M'kai is signed.

Having been fought to a standstill by the Redguards, the Aldmeri Dominion completely withdraws from Hammerfell.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Eater skinning lizard people in the swamps or putting the high elfs in their place,serving as slaves for the human race. Of one thing we could be certain,the game will be shit.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Probably going to be set in Hammerfell. The borders allow nostalgia DLC for Daggerfall, Skyrim and Oblivion, and they will want nothing to do with the empire for a while, which is convenient since it draws the focus away from them while they pick up their pieces after the gangbang from the war. The altmer are probably mondo butthurt about having to retreat so that gives an opportunity for a storyline where they attack again.

Hammerfell_map_Oblivion.jpg

War with Hammerfell

4E 175 — The Great War ends with the White-Gold Concordat.

The Concordat is a peace treaty between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion. The terms of treaty gave the Thalmor free reign to stamp out the worship of Talos throughout the Empire, and ceded a large section of southern Hammerfell. Critics note that these terms are almost identical to the ultimatum that Titus Mede II rejected at the start of the war. It can be noted however that if the Emperor had not agreed to the terms of the treaty, the Dominion would have destroyed the Empire.

4E 175 — Hammerfell leaves the Empire after rejecting the White-Gold Concordat.

Titus II renounces Hammerfell as a province of the Empire to preserve the treaty after the Redguards oppose ceding their lands. The Redguards see this as a betrayal, and a lasting bitterness between Hammerfell and the Empire is sown to the delight of the Thalmor. Hammerfell continues to war with the Aldmeri Dominion for the next five years.

4E 176 — The Aldmeri Dominion hears word of the Markarth Incident and pressures the Empire to enforce the ban on Talos worship stipulated by the White-Gold Concordat by punishing Ulfric Stormcloak and his followers.

4E 180 — The Second Treaty of Stros M'kai is signed.

Having been fought to a standstill by the Redguards, the Aldmeri Dominion completely withdraws from Hammerfell.

Can't wait for the librul exultation turn into shock and butthurt when they realize the heroic savior player character in the land of the Elder Scrolls Wakanda can be a white fucking male. :smug:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Can't wait for the librul exultation turn into shock and butthurt when they realize the heroic savior player character in the land of the Elder Scrolls Wakanda can be a white fucking male. :smug:
In Daggerfall, the part of Hammerfall bordering the Iliac Bay was clearly based on Islamic North Africa. I never played the Elder Scrolls: Redguard game released in between Daggerfall and Morrowind, but Bethesda apparently altered the Hammerfell setting to an Afro-Caribbean vibe (specifically the British Caribbean) for that game, and this carried over into future Elder Scrolls games with Redguards being Anglo-Caribbean or African-American.

KElJZFe.jpg

Would perhaps be slightly interesting if Hammerfell reverted to its earlier inspirations. :M

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Of course it's gnna be Hammerfell.

Hammerfell has Dwemer ruins so Todd can reuse Skyrim assets

Plus another island expansion on Stros M'kai similar to Bloodmoon Dragonborn

Last but not least Hammerfell is mostly Alik'r desert so not much work creating big variety in environments to fill the map

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
When it's out, they will admit they wanted for the Akaviri forces to dynamically attack and invade cities and this would change the storyline but sadly they could not make it work.

Hassknecht

Learned
Hammerfell does make some sense. Dwemer ruins, nostalgia, all new gods and lore they can retcon, and fans they can disappoint by making it completely generic.
Seems like I need to fire up Daggerfall again. Which reminds me that I really need to finish my "Stuff a Raspberry Pi into an IBM 5150 case and use it as an emulator machine" project. Still needs some blank slot plates to put the USB, LAN, and HDMI ports into.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
“They are apparently only waiting for the Empire to collapse in Civil War or some other crisis. We’d certainly need a Hortator then – if we had one, maybe they could travel to Akaviri before the invasion and weaken or stop it,”
This line occurs nowhere in Morrowind, probably some mod shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom