Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Special Edition - fan remake

mariog

Educated
Looks god-fucking-awful.

Also, her hair. It almost looks like she's wearing a hooded jacket :lol:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Looks god-fucking-awful.

Also, her hair. It almost looks like she's wearing a hooded jacket :lol:

Didn't notice it wasn't until I read your comment

This reminds me I've never played the Indiana Jones games, I should correct that.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
10612534_335023556664946_6129289688764315797_n.jpg

Luka-boy

Arcane
Oh hell no. Fate of Atlantis was one of my favourite games as a little kid. This looks awful.

And I knew I recognized the free software they're using to make the graphics. That's Makehuman. I checked it out earlier this year when version 1.0 was released.

Bah. Imagine a remake with HD sprites. Something like Monkey Island 2 Special Edition but with an art style appropriate to Fate of Atlantis. As a fan I'd rather see that even if it takes twenty years to be made than see this amateur 3D disappointment released in just three.

Drakron

Arcane
Infernal Machine had a certain... charm.

Let me elaborate.

Infernal Machine come out in 1999, same year as Tomb Raider 4 and it was impossible to not compare both, it also have the other issue of Lara Croft being clearly a female Indiana Jones and by the time Infernal Machine come out Indiana Jones last movie was a decade old, Fate of Atlantis was back in 92 and Tomb Raider was more know at that time because it wes relative fresh in peoples memory.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think I'd rather get fisted by the melting Toht and exploding Belloq at the end of "Raiders" than suffer through this shit.

Bt

Yeah this kind of seems like a lose-lose for the devs.
Not sure what they're hoping to gain with this, and I can't imagine Disney's going to allow it.
Weird.

Diablo169

Arcane
I remember attempting to play the original when i was about 8 or 9 and getting stuck on the very first level. Then I installed Day of the Tentacle and never bothered with Indie again.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm pretty sure this, despite looking alright-ish, would just make me want to play the original game again. I couldn't stand the new MI special editions, I really disliked the character design and pretty much everything, and I've come to the conclusion that, to me, the fascination that certain masterpieces exert on me in deeply intertwined with the format I originally enjoyed them in. This is the more valid when it comes to pixel-games. While I would totally cum at the idea of a Gothic or Morrowind remake (and I mean just upgrade the world to, say, Skyrim's standards and leave everything else as is), or Tie Fighter or even IWD (haters gonna hate), for some other games (Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, Ultima VII/VIII) I wouldn't want to play them in any other format than the original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom