Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[NO LONGER MANTAINED] Fallout: New Vegas - Sigourn's Recommended Mods

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Sigourn thanks for the list, reproduced it on my install and aside from one object/mesh missing in Goodsprings bar everything seems to be working okay. BTW "ADAM & 2019 Detective Special - Downsized Textures" and "No Combat Music - Ambient Music Continues" have no URLs associated with them.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Sigourn thanks for the list, reproduced it on my install and aside from one object/mesh missing in Goodsprings bar everything seems to be working okay. BTW "ADAM & 2019 Detective Special - Downsized Textures" and "No Combat Music - Ambient Music Continues" have no URLs associated with them.

The mesh is "triangle.nif". You must open the Precision Collision - Clutter mod and remove the mesh, found inside "Meshes > Clutter > Billiards > triangle.nif". Sorry about that, I just added that instruction in the Excel.

I will get to fixing those two links ASAP, and I'll upload an updated version of the Compatibility Patch. Nothing important, I think just a minor improvement.

EDIT:

There. All that's left is upload a mod I made to add underwear to some NPCs, and a patch for Electro-City (should people want to use it). But there's no reason to upload it ASAP, so I'll just do it later.

Last edited:

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
More fun stuff. 1 in every 5 rangers looks like that:
|
miss.jpg

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
More fun stuff. 1 in every 5 rangers looks like that:
|
miss.jpg

I hate to ask the rather obvious questions, but: did you install all the mods I mentioned, in the exact order, with the exact load order, and nothing else? Do you also have Archive Invalidation?

And lastly: if you installed something else, what was it?

EDIT: Are you using Mod Organizer?

EDIT 2: Is it only female Troopers, or males as well? Next time you see one, open the console, click on him, post the number you get (it should appear with the name of the NPC as well, else you are probably clicking something else).

EDIT 3: And last but not least... you did tweak the .ini files as mentioned in the linked Fallout: New Vegas guide in the OP, right? There's the bLoadFaceGen tweak mentioned that could probably solve this issue, but I can't know for sure.

Last edited:

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
yes, only mods from the list, i skipped a couple like displaying empty containers and slower run, but nothing item/model related was skipped

i'm using MO, yes. profile has archive invalidation checked

only females, but not exclusive to NCR troopers (00178a2a, 00145d0a), also encountered a female caravaneer (0016143b) with a head like that

.ini were tweaked

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
yes, only mods from the list, i skipped a couple like displaying empty containers and slower run, but nothing item/model related was skipped

i'm using MO, yes. profile has archive invalidation checked

only females, but not exclusive to NCR troopers (00178a2a, 00145d0a), also encountered a female caravaneer (0016143b) with a head like that

.ini were tweaked

This is really strange, I've never encountered this issue in my time modding New Vegas, which is saying a lot. I'm gonna have to ask for your load order (found inside the Profiles folder of Mod Organizer, and select your particular profile folder) as well as your modlist.txt found on that same folder. In that same vein, I will ask you to post both fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini, also in that same folder.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
weird, i didn't install NVRedesigned. Did a clean FNV install, then went through the mod list, installing them with MO.

Here're my files: https://www.sendspace.com/file/iod41f
5 lower ones in loadorder.txt are disabled in MO

k, check this out first:

- *Unmanaged: CaravanPack
- *Unmanaged: ClassicPack
- *Unmanaged: DeadMoney
- *Unmanaged: FalloutNV
- *Unmanaged: FalloutNV_lang
- *Unmanaged: GunRunnersArsenal
- *Unmanaged: HonestHearts
- *Unmanaged: LonesomeRoad
- *Unmanaged: MercenaryPack
- *Unmanaged: OldWorldBlues
- *Unmanaged: TribalPack
- *Unmanaged: FNVLODGen

I'm aware the list is upside down because fuck Mod Organizer, but it should read like so when it is not upside down:

Sin_t_tulo.png

Moreover, I can tell at a glance that some things weren't installed in the proper order. It's too much for me to mention, so it's just far more easier to me to point you to the Excel again. This is Mod Organizer, so you will have no problem rearranging mods, at all (with NMM is a shitty different matter altogether).

That said, DON'T USE THE FOLLOWING .ESPs.

- Alternative Repairing - Breakdown Item Icons.esp (you don't need this)
- Alternative Repairing - No Explosions.esp (I don't use it, I'm not aware if it introduces significant conflicts, but I doubt it)
- Better Pip-Boy Light.esp (I simply don't use it anymore, but it does no harm if you like the light better that way)
- OWB-Path Lights - Darker Nights.esp (DON'T, it makes darks nighter on top of the already darker nights)
- ThatGunReplacer.esp (DON'T, you already have the GRA replacer activated and it's the only one you need)

Try removing this to see if the problem is gone.

- tkEyelashesFNV_FemalesOnly.esp

I'll browse through your .inis to make sure everything is right.

EDIT:

https://www.mediafire.com/?say30r9qqgtat1r

Download that file, and replace the .inis you had sent me. I did three minor tweaks: you added the .ini tweaks straight into the .ini files. You were supposed to replace the existing values, so I got rid of your changes and changed the values in the .inis myself.

Doing everything I said (reordering mod list, disabling the .esps, changing the .ini files) your game SHOULD be working properly. Unless you somehow have memory leaks (I've read it can cause purple textures, but I've never seen anything like your image describes).

Last edited:

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Sigourn yes, tkEyelashesFNV_FemalesOnly.esp was causing the problem. Lol, and i installed because it was labeled as a fix ) Thanks for troubleshooting my situation!

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Sigourn yes, tkEyelashesFNV_FemalesOnly.esp was causing the problem. Lol, and i installed because it was labeled as a fix ) Thanks for troubleshooting my situation!

You are welcome! It was my fault, really: I just downloaded the file and noticed a bunch of files I never installed, so I added some instructions to the Excel's notes on that mod.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Updated with bug fixing instructions on Eyelashes NV's .esp.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Probably the last time I will be bumping this thread. Updated OP with a better layout that is more easy to understand. From now on, if you need anything, look at the OP. If you have any more questions, ASK. I will not bump this thread anymore to say I updated something, unless I enocunter something extremely game breaking that needs to be known ASAP.

Of note is that I added one more mod to the list (Securitrons in CRT) and added an optional Compatibility patch if you are not interested in using body replacers (eyelashes, hair retextures and NVCE stay, though).

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
I remember there was a mod that muted or otherwise fixed Veronica's voice. Anyone know where I can get it?

Oh and is there a mod that changes how eyes look so they don't have this odd red glow in actual darkness?

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I remember there was a mod that muted or otherwise fixed Veronica's voice. Anyone know where I can get it?

Oh and is there a mod that changes how eyes look so they don't have this odd red glow in actual darkness?

Which is the problem with Veronica's voice, to be precise?

No idea about the eyes, sadly.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Ok, not a mod person usually, can someone tell me how to install JES Ultimate on a clean install of FNV + all DLC? I've tried but right at the start there's obviously something wrong with NPC graphics. Also I installed all mods in arbitrary order and it always asked me to overwrite scripts.cs, can't be a good thing?

Things I want to install, content wise:

• YUP
  • Unofficial Patch+
  • Gun Runner's Arsenal Merged - JSawyer
  • Fallout Character Overhaul
  • Equipment Restoration Project

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Ok, not a mod person usually, can someone tell me how to install JES Ultimate on a clean install of FNV + all DLC? I've tried but right at the start there's obviously something wrong with NPC graphics. Also I installed all mods in arbitrary order and it always asked me to overwrite scripts.cs, can't be a good thing?

Things I want to install, content wise:
  • YUP
  • Unofficial Patch+
  • Gun Runner's Arsenal Merged - JSawyer
  • Fallout Character Overhaul
  • Equipment Restoration Project

Read the mod's pages. They do a good job at detailing what you need. And use Mod Organizer as explained in the OP. A quick look at JSawyer Ultimate's page reveals that it needs:

- All oficial DLC.
- NVSE
- JIP LN NVSE
- Mod Configuration Menu
- Yukichigai Unofficial Patch
- Unofficial Patch Plus

So a complete list of mods is:

- NVSE
- JIP LN NVSE
- Mod Configuration Menu
- Yukichigai Unofficial Patch
- Unofficial Patch Plus
- JSawyer Ultimate
- Gun Runner's Arsenal Merged: do NOT install the jsawyer patch, jsawyer is a different mod from JSawyer Ultimate.
- Equipment Restoration Project
- Fallout Character Overhaul: I simply recommend NVCE - New Vegas Character Expansions instead, but suit yourself.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
welp, I've installed (or think I've installed) all of that. Except that thing with the GRA, thanks for the headsup.

I was looking for more of a step-by-step walkthrough as something must have gone wrong. Like I said, is it ok to overwrite that file everytime you add some new mod?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
welp, I've installed (or think I've installed) all of that. Except that thing with the GRA, thanks for the headsup.

I was looking for more of a step-by-step walkthrough as something must have gone wrong. Like I said, is it ok to overwrite that file everytime you add some new mod?

"There's something wrong with NPC graphics" is a very broad issue, you need to be more specific before I can tell you exactly what is going on.

I don't recommend to "overwrite" mods, that's why I use Mod Organizer: it allows you to move files around freely so that you can easily make them overwrite or be overwritten by something else by literally moving them around in a file structure. It also gives you the option to "hide" certain files of the mod itself after you have installed it. Nexus Mod Manager, for example, asks you as you install a mod "do you want to overwrite texture.dds, do you want to overwrite texture2.dds" and so on. Same with manual installation. Mod Organizer lets you quickly modify the files as you please at any one time, unless for some stupid reason you decide to "delete" the files instead of hiding them.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
"There's something wrong with NPC graphics" is a very broad issue, you need to be more specific before I can tell you exactly what is going on.

Instead of people there are giant white exclamation marks on a red background walking around.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

Instead of people there are giant white exclamation marks on a red background walking around.

That would be Fallout Character Overhaul, most likely. The page mentions it needs User Interface Organizer, but why I do not know.

Post your load order (all the active plugins you have on your mod list) so I can help you out. You are most likely using something you shouldn't be using.

otsego

Cipher
Didn't see this answered in the previous pages (decline me if it was and I missed it)...

Is this a good list to start NV for someone who has NOT completed the game yet? Every time I've started this up I've gotten about 3 hours in before getting fed up with Gamebryo and VATS. Last attempt was with the JSawyer mod but it didn't help.

If I'm to give this a proper first-through, should I stay vanilla or use some/all of the mods in the OP?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom