Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: great game after bad first impression

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I don't get it

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Yes, but I consider it like a fail ending (like a death but with another secuence)

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Nervously I handed Katja an SMG, but I've noticed she uses single shots instead of the dreaded burst mode.
Is there a difference between Katja and Ian, or is it due to the TeamX mods?

AArmanFV

Arbiter
She says she's skilled with SMGs, but she doesn't mention other firearms.

I see, maybe I confused with someone else. "Viewing wiki": Only says big weapons and energy, the other is melee. She was he leader?, when I went to the followers I recruted a "nobody" girl that said she only was good with throwing weapons and don't remember wat else.

Anyway, don't bother with that.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
She says she's skilled with SMGs, but she doesn't mention other firearms.

I see, maybe I confused with someone else. "Viewing wiki": Only says big weapons and energy, the other is melee. She was he leader?, when I went to the followers I recruted a "nobody" girl that said she only was good with throwing weapons and don't remember wat else.

Anyway, don't bother with that.

Katja is not a leader, and is the one I recruited. You are probably thinking of Nicole, who says violence is not the answer, yet has an impressive weapons collection in the library.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Okay then, when I recruited her she wasn't so useful.

That's what I too found out, which is why I gave her an SGM to hopefully make her more useful.
But the SMG does little damage in single shot mode, so I gave her a 14mm Pistol instead, since apparantly it sorts under the same companion skill as an SMG.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Okay then, when I recruited her she wasn't so useful.

That's what I too found out, which is why I gave her an SGM to hopefully make her more useful.
But the SMG does little damage in single shot mode, so I gave her a 14mm Pistol instead, since apparantly it sorts under the same companion skill as an SMG.
Doesn't it look like an SMG on the sprite? I think what limits which weapons characters can use is mainly whether they bothered making sprites holding it or not.

janior

Arcane
Patron
Nah, combat is not that bad men, c'mon. Sorta off-topic:
I was not able to finish this game, i tried like three times, after 5/6h i get bored as fuck men this ambiance makes me nauseous. those colors are so boring. I know this sounds retarded but i just don't like it for no real reason and yeah i really wanted to like this game. I think this and F2 are the only games from codex top 20 i couldn't stomach. Anyway, l'm going to give it another try today.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I struggle to find something I don't love about this game ;)

Well, inventory management, I suppose.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I hate the companions and allies getting in my way, and the stupid combat AI (running up to point blank using up all the APs for example).
Inventory management is pretty bad too. Why the hell can't the newest items be on top of the list so you don't have to scroll down to the bottom every time you change items?
Apart from that I think Fallout is great, and one of very few CRPGs where you can actually role play a character in a meaningful way.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So how far can you with high Perception, high Small Arms skill and a Sniper Rifle?

Having Small Frame and average Strength means I can't use the heaviest weapons. But generally I can take on Super Mutants as long as they don't get too close with Flamers or Mini Guns. Thankfully there were lots of cannon fodder in The Cathedral, and I haven't met any with Rocket Launchers yet.
Both my bitches died in The Cathedral, so now it's just Ian, Tycho and two Follower Scouts left as I'm about to take the elevator down to Lou Tenant.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
You can basically still finish the game, I don't know if you met the master yet, but there are like 3 solutions to finish that job, and the mutant base it's even easier.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Second level of the vault under the Cathedral got rather hairy, so I retreated. But I learnt the excact locaction of the Mutant Base. So I'll head for The Glow to qualify for some Power Armour before mutilating mure mutants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom