Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fixt by Sduibek

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
5 MICRO-ISSUES REMAIN!

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
So the next release is going to include custom character files. The intent is for them to replace the garbage characters Max Stone / Albert / Natalia.

My question is, will people be pissed if I replace those 3 by default instead of making it optional? For example if they were included overwriting the default 3 when selecting "Standard" or "Full" in the Full Custom installer.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
What is your reason for replacing them, just curious.

Though I don't think there has been a single person who was ever used those default characters, except by accident (by not knowing you can make your own characters).

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Well partially because they suck and include objectively-inferior Traits, but also in hopes that it will inspire new play styles among players who may not have considered them. For example with the 3 (replacement) characters combined, there is the following builds / sub-builds:

- High Luck + Jinxed (everyone should play this, it's so fun(ny).)
- Stupid (INT = 1)
- Bloody Mess
- Drug-Resistant
- Fast Shot
- Only weapon skills tagged (Melee, Big, Energy)
- A "best" build of Small Guns + Speech + Lockpick that also makes use of meta game knowledge regarding stat choices
- A functional non-combat "diplomat" build (Speech, Science, Repair)

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Cool cool, thanks. At this point I'm thinking it'll be included in Standard and Full, obviously disabled by default in Fixes Only, and can be disabled if choosing Custom.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Sounds good to me, i'd never use one o them Max, Al or Natalia builds, whereas a shorter way to get into game'd be welcome.

Perhaps you could redo Albert to be useful, int he supposed to be canon Vault Dweller, or thats been hinted at anyway.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
End-of-day update:

All holodisk-related crashes should now be fixed.
"Discard when no longer needed" now properly applies to all holodisks.
Fixed crash upon returning to Military Base levels 1/2 if getting help from The Brotherhood.
Minor fixes to interface phrasing.
Centaurs in random encounters no longer called Floaters.
Replacements for premade characters are complete.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Sduibek Are these updates that you're posting for the FO2 engine version of Fixt? Or are you fixing fixt, then planning to work on the conversion?

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Today I'm working on finally finishing the added/improved death animations and normalizing volume for combat sfx files. I've worked on this in the past but didn't finish either of the projects.

After that I'll get back to work on important stuff like installer customizations and in-game customizations.

Here's the list of completed stuff so far:
FIXED! Crashes giving holodisks to people (Cabbot, Rutger, Jon)
FIXED! Crash getting holodisk from dying mutant
FIXED! Error/mismatched holodisk Pipboy entries
FIXED! Empty holodisk records in PIP-Boy
FIXED! Centaurs and Ghouls in random encounters are no longer called Floaters.
FIXED! Crash leaving MB, from the Crack Assault Paladin(s)
(CHANGED: ^ they now leave upon arriving at Level 3 instead of accompanying you back up to Level 1. Necessary for the fix.)
FIXED! Can no longer get infinite Karma by using multiple explosives on Radscorpion Caves wall. (lolz)
CHANGED/FIXED: Discard after no longer needed now applies to all holodisks as intended in previous Fixt versions. There are 12 in total.
CHANGED: Lt no longer start with keycard because the computer tech already has it. (I added this item to him in previous Fixt versions but changed my mind, it wasn't a good idea)

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
lolz, I worked on Fixt for 16 hours yesterday.

Anyway I got sidetracked fixing a bunch of smaller bugs >_< Hopefully today I can finish the gfx & sfx for the death animations. I'm also going to finish a few more splash screens.

Then on to the customizations :P

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
I did end up finishing the restored/improved death sfx & gfx.

Today is my day off, but I might not get any work done on Fixt. My next to-do is fixing the broken half of the Restored Endings Add-On, but today I got sidetracked updating my resume & cover letter for a potential promotion at work.

EDIT: Oh and to give people an idea what to expect, my plans after Fixt 0.90alpha patch & installer are released is to create a Let's Play of myself playing the mod :D

Last edited:

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Currently working on the "Play after being dipped" and "Play after V13 is dead" optional features. After that the next goal is the installer customizations & implementation of in-game customizations. When those are finished I can package everything for release :D

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Progress update: Play as mutant after being dipped is working, although to be honest there's not much to do afterward. So it's more of a fun proof than an actual exciting feature.

The walking animations for Super Mutants is slow so even after doubling the FPS is still frustrating how long it takes to go anywhere.

Being dipped maxes Strength and Endurance, but sets Charisma and Intelligence to 2. You also take damage and rads from it. (Temporary) and the effect of being inconspicuous while wearing robes applies to dipped players.

Trying to equip human armor or use unsupported weapon types will destroy the armor and/or weapon. Super Mutant "armor" is set at 10AC (same as Metal Armor) with 10DT/50%DR across the board (a little better than Brotherhood Armor).

Screenshots to come.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
NEW: Msg when dropping explosives at your feet.
NEW: Finally implemented can play after being dipped
NEW: Finally implemented can play after V13 dehydrated or invaded (or both)

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Will be working on Fixt all day today & tomorrow. Really hoping I can fucking finish it this time. :argh:

still To Do: implement in the installer a run-via-Steam-UI option, implement the new installer options/customizations/playstyles, implement in-game customizations. Then of course update all files in the installers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom