Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Oracsbox

I don't believe anything Pete Hines has ever said so his recent comments are total bullshit.Frankly I doubt he's even played 76.

If bethesda had a writer and design team of even remote talent we'd have had all kinds of possible fallouts,maybe in different parts of the globe,new factions,enemies,creatures,enviroments,systems of goverment,expansive quests exploring new themes,ideas,game mechanics,the possibilities are endless in a post apocalyptic world.

However it's bethesda the most turgid,unoriginal talentless bunch of overrated cunts who release evermore declined pieces of shit,wringing out the same crap,watered down more and more on a game engine that's totally unfit for use,resulting in this fucking abomination of a game cobbled together by a hired freemium company who were so shit the game(Battlecry) they made was never released.

Look at this shit,fuck me
Carry your settlement around in a fucking handbag,emote like a ponce,wear rainbow power armor,play with nuclear weapons,fight buttman or whatever the fuck they dribble on about, jesus,just fuck off with this utter sewage.

To see such a great game franchise as Fallout butchered to oblivion by such a preening bunch of half wits,liars and conmen is tragic it really is.

It's the smugness that pisses me off,the God Howard bollocks,the smug look that permanently resides on Pete Hines face I have nothing but contempt for them and the retards who suck their cock.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Carry your settlement around in a fucking handbag,emote like a ponce,wear rainbow power armor,play with nuclear weapons,fight buttman or whatever the fuck they dribble on about, jesus,just fuck off with this utter sewage.
Sounds good.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
,maybe in different parts of the globe,
this was never the intention of fallout series

new factions,
players will create factions in f76

enemies,creatures,
there are new enemies and creatures in f76

enviroments,
there are 6 different biomes on the map, forest region, wasteland, swamp, mountain region and 2 they havent showed

systems of goverment
what? this is an rpg and not a strategy game

ideas,game mechanics,
There are, the nukes, perk cards etc and more we havent heard yet

Seems like F76 will be your new favourite game, because it has almost all elements which you describe

Last edited:

Aim1ess

Novice

new factions,

enemies,creatures,
there are new enemies and creatures in f76

enviroments,
there are 6 different biomes on the map, forest region, wasteland, swamp, mountain region and 2 they havent showed

systems of goverment

ideas,game mechanics,

Seems like F76 will be your new favourite game, because it has almost all elements which you describe

I don't know why they gave you shitposter instead of "Master Trollologist". I mean you make a half reasonable post then stick the knife in with calling it an RPG, and twist it by talking about card stats as if its a good idea for this "RPG" to have "stats" you can reroll and trade with people, lol.

Oracsbox

Oracsbox said:

"who said it wasn't you ? even if that was the case it's the one thing that would add a little freshness to the fallout games."

new factions,

"What like "rape team lol fuckbucket the 3rd" or "Ninjateam Dragon" or "I am Bert blow me".If you think players will create sophisticated factions you're totally deluded.Will they also have origin stories and extensive quest lines ?"

enemies,creatures,
there are new enemies and creatures in f76rd

"yes and most look like they were designed and created in about 5 minutes."

enviroments,

"Looked exactly the same as the Fallout 4 /skyrim assets we've already seen"

systems of goverment

"Now I understand the tard in bethestard tag.I didn't mean a strategy game.I'm talking about how the new governments are written about that have arisen and are attempting to control the wasteland.For example the NCR and Legion had different systems,that's what I'd like to see more of."

ideas,game mechanics,

"I was talking of something well thought out not idiotic concepts such as launching atomic warheads Willy nilly.Really perk cards ? That to you is an exciting game mechanics !"

"It's a game for people with special needs so you'll love it."

Last edited by a moderator:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
tuf561q1hc311.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Wasteland takes actualy biggest part of the map, interesting that in the trailer they showed the forest

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This time Bethesda it seems realy made a good map, compared to Fallout 4 where half of the map was water or Skyrim where half of the map was mountains.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This time Bethesda it seems realy made a good map, compared to Fallout 4 where half of the map was water or Skyrim where half of the map was mountains.
Yeah, a forest next to a desert next to a volcanic (?) area next to a swamp (?) next to a red canyon.
Theme park design (seriously, it looks just like a theme park map), just like the casual love it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Yeah, a forest next to a desert next to a volcanic (?) area next to a swamp (?) next to a red canyon.
Theme park design, just like the casual love it.

It's like in real world but compressed in size, what did you expect, Daggerfall size map ?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Theme park design, just like the casual love it.

It's like in real world but compressed in size, what did you expect, Daggerfall size map ?
I did expect this.
Bethesda isn't capable of creating believable worlds. Only theme parks.
What they should actually do is create a game set in a theme park. That would be... fitting.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I did expect this.

Lol a daggerfall size map would not be feasible for gameplay, with 30 something people you would never see anyone.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
I did expect this.

Lol a daggerfall size map would not be feasible for gameplay, with 30 something people you would never see anyone.
Are you also going for the retard tag?
Nobody demands a gigantic walkable map.
But settings like these all mixed in a small map make 0 sense. It's all fully immersion breaking (at least if you have higher standards than theme park design).
What they could easily do if they wanted all those settings in a believable way would be to make a big overland map where you can travel to these different destinations. It would also make it way easier to expand (with precious DLC).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Nobody demands a gigantic walkable map.

You just said you expected this, which means you want a gigantic walkable map.

But settings like these all mixed in a small map make 0 sense.

It makes sense, but just like you role play in the game, you have to role play also the size of the map, you have to expand the area in your mind and think these are long reaches of space and that you are traveling thousand of kilometeres, and then it makes perfect sense.

What they could easily do if they wanted all those settings in a believable way would be to make a big overland map where you can travel to these destinations.

You are aware they are making everything by hand, a map of daggerfall size and everything handcrafted would take 20 years to make, because that's what they would have to do on top of the overland travel.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You know what will be funny? The look on peoples face when they start playing and notice the 60% of area is just sand, because what they've seen on the trailer are lush forests, but clearly the map in majority is made of sand.

Bethesda trolling level 1000

Last edited:

PanteraNera

Arcane
Makabb I'm really not sure if you are trolling or your reading comprehension is truly that bad.
If you are trolling, I salute you, I surely wouldn't be able to come up with some of that stuff.
Well, neither nor.

In fact he gave you the answer to your question in his last post:
you have to role play also the size of the map, you have to expand the area in your mind and think these are long reaches of space and that you are traveling thousand of kilometeres, and then it makes perfect sense.
He is truly gifted, he role-play-reads your messages so Bethesda and Fallout 76 are awesome and make sense (in his "mind").

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
He is truly gifted, he role-play-reads your messages so Bethesda and Fallout 76 are awesome and make sense (in his "mind").

Bethesda is genius, they are PRing everything as best looking as it can be, but clearly they are bringing all of the elements from Fallout 1. Even the wasteland is making a big return as we can see on the map, but in the trailer they showed the forest because its looks 'pretty!'.

Fallout 76 is much closer to Fallout 1 than any other Fallout so far, even Brotherhood of steel is coming back

cSg1YAR.jpg

PanteraNera

Arcane
even Brotherhood of steel is coming back
giphy.gif

1.) Bethesda never did the real Brotherhood of Steel (lore and tone wise)
2.) it will be a major retcon that they bring BoS into the year 2104.
3.) Also BoS most likely will be just enemies (as the game will not have NPC's that give quests)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
even Brotherhood of steel is coming back
giphy.gif

1.) Bethesda never did the real Brotherhood of Steel (lore and tone wise)
2.) it will be a major retcon that they bring BoS into the year 2104.
3.) Also BoS most likely will be just enemies (as the game will not have NPC's that give quests)

Seems they are doing it this time, just like they are bringing real wasteland, real pipboy, caps, weapons, armor etc

Fallout 76 looks like a big return to Fallout 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom