Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hellraiser

Arcane
Alternatively, may be a Wizard Of Oz reference.

HYg8j3k.jpg

:excellent:

If there's one thing I do like about Bethesda, it's how hard they troll their fanbase. Moira surviving was hilarious.

Their actual fanbase probably liked it, since Moira surviving means that if you absently minded nuke the town she lives in, you won't fail her quests and miss out on the achievements. Remember the guys who were pissed that killing questgivers in NV caused "Quest failed" to appear onscreen.

set

Cipher
A sequel to NV would be a poor decision. Namely because of how varaible it all ends but also because there's no more story to tell. At the end of the day, someone takes control of the region. It would be problematic to make a proper sequel to a game like New Vegas that would satisfy anybody.

A new region has higher potential anyway. The best case scenario is you'd get to see more of The Kings or Veronica again, but their stories are pretty much over, so it'd all just be pointless fanservice. I'd rather start fresh somewhere else. Mexico/Texas could be fun, a chance to see Hispanic influence of architecture and culture.

Canada could be cool too. Maybe you get to explore one of the ancient dev studios of a popular 'RPG' company.

set

Cipher
Bethesda is very large, right? I would have expected them to start FO4 development a while ago, probably while Skyrim was entering the end of its production? Considering how long ago that was, and how little they knew of the specs of their new primary platforms, I would anticipate another "creation engine" experience.

himmy

Arcane
Bethesda is very large, right? I would have expected them to start FO4 development a while ago, probably while Skyrim was entering the end of its production? Considering how long ago that was, and how little they knew of the specs of their new primary platforms, I would anticipate another "creation engine" experience.

Not sure about now, but I remember them saying that immediately after the release of Oblivion they divided duties, such that a part of the team worked on the Oblivion DLCs and the other started pre-production on Fallout 3, with the entire team moving to full production once the DLC business was sorted. If this is the case here, and I don's see why it wouldn't be, Fallout 4 is in the works for 24 months or so and in full-production mode for 12.

set

Cipher
I am confident Bethesda will do Fallout justice this time.

I mean, you can't get worse than vampires.

Seerix

Arbiter
It probably won't be Creation Engine. Fallout 4 is going to be released no later than late 2014 and then market will be deep in new next-gen and there will be several open world games all looking better than Skyrim and either released or already advertised(Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, that Warhorse game). That combined with all this news of them licensing "Void Engine" based on IdTech is pretty strong indication it'll be new tech. How good it will be, considering it's Bethesda, I have no idea. But if my assumptions are correct we are now very close to Fallout turning into actual corridor shooter. :lol: If RAGE is any indication of what is possible with IdTech :roll:

set

Cipher
It is business-sensible to launch your game on the old and new console. The adoption rate of PS4/XB1 isn't that significant yet. Considering the 'Creation Engine' can run on x86, Cell and Whatever 360 is (PPC?), I bet it will be creation engine, especially true if it's coming out before 2014. DA3 will be available on all 'major' platforms next year.

The IdTech stuff will probably be for TESVI and be new consoles and uh, maybe PC.

keppj0nes

Educated
Fallout 4 is a long way away. They want you to become a slave to their new MMO guys! don't forget! Elder Scrolls Online! remember that?

set

Cipher
Is that coming to consoles too? If not, I could see them launching FO4 in 2014 on their primary platforms and 2015 in PC, after TESO goes f2p.

Anyone else excited for FO:O? It will be set in post-apoc New York with the Statue of Liberty as the backdrop.

Last edited:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Yeah, but they'll ask Obsidian to create another FO game hopefully.

If Bethesda stays away from the west coast, a new vegas sequel could possibly be made.

I wouldn't want a new vegas sequel honestly.
As someone pointed out, there's no reason for one.
Rather, North America is a big fucking place. I'd certainly love to see something further east, such as Texas/Northern Mexico.

set

Cipher
Bethesda will go some place dumb, like New York - a place where they can shove the map full of epic skybox-consuming statues/structures.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is that coming to consoles too? If not, I could see them launching FO4 in 2014 on their primary platforms and 2015 in PC, after TESO goes f2p.

Anyone else excited for FO:O? It will be set in post-apoc New York with the Statue of Liberty as the backdrop.

Yes, TESO will be on consoles.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Boston was confirmed for FO4.
Now we'll see Whitey Bulger in an all ghoul gang.

That is still a rumor. I mean, there was a tumlbr rumor and a very obvious fake fallout 4 announcement rumor that Beth showed journalists a trailer behind closed doors. The one where some bell chimes and it was in boston and shit.

I really hope that rumor is wrong because it would mean the institute which would mean stupid android slave analogy which stomps on the fallout lore much moreso than the f3 main quest (if that is possible)

Last edited:

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It probably won't be Creation Engine. Fallout 4 is going to be released no later than late 2014 and then market will be deep in new next-gen and there will be several open world games all looking better than Skyrim and either released or already advertised(Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, that Warhorse game). That combined with all this news of them licensing "Void Engine" based on IdTech is pretty strong indication it'll be new tech. How good it will be, considering it's Bethesda, I have no idea. But if my assumptions are correct we are now very close to Fallout turning into actual corridor shooter. :lol: If RAGE is any indication of what is possible with IdTech :roll:

Maybe, but I am not so sure (though I really want them to stop using Gamebryo or how is it called today). Fallout 3 was released in 2008 and it already looked quite dated back then (but it run smoothly on old PCs).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom