Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

I don't really pay attention to the AAA scene, but aren't Bethesda known for having a relatively short turn-around between their reveal and release dates? I thought Skyrim had less than half a year to build hype between its announcement and release (or maybe I'm just getting old and times passing me by).

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't really pay attention to the AAA scene, but aren't Bethesda known for having a relatively short turn-around between their reveal and release dates? I thought Skyrim had less than half a year to build hype between its announcement and release (or maybe I'm just getting old and times passing me by).

Skyrim was announced during the VGAs in December 2010 then released in November of the next year. So slightly less than a year.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
As I said a long time ago, they should just give up and merge the Fallout and Elder Scrolls universes, because it was already done in the movie "Reign of Fire".

Jozoz

Prophet
Obsidian needs to ask them to make a gawd damned TURN BASED fallout game using the PoE engine ffs.

I can't even imagine the outcry. After spending a good amount of time on the subreddit dedicated to Fallout, I can say that at least 75% of people there have no interesting in ever touching the originals. Just the other day I saw a comment where people (who I'm pretty sure had only read the wiki) were explaining the water chip situation in FO1, and someone asked if that really needed to be clarified on a Fallout forum and he was downvoted to oblivion.

The FPS Fallout are just way too popular, imo. Considering how well FNV sold and how eagerly anticipated the action Fallout games are, Bethesda Softworks obviously knows where the profit is. If we get another action Fallout by Obsidian, I'd say that's a victory in itself.

Cadmus

Arcane
I think it's a good indicator of your average Fallout fan.
Yes, I went and read the subreddit and it's 5 pages of maymays from F3 until you get some mention of F1 and F2. Then the retards ask "ARE THE OLD FALLOUTS WORTH GETTING???" the answer "YES, BUT THEY ARE DIFFICULT AND OLD AND UGLY OLOL NOW I'LL GO AND EAT MY OWN SHIT BECAUSE I'M RETARDED THAT WAY"

pippin

When they get past the technical stuff, they do complain about how irrelevant the water chip thing feels because they rather find dad and save the whole world, or about how the brotherhood seem to be the bad guys or etc

Cadmus

Arcane
When they get past the technical stuff, they do complain about how irrelevant the water chip thing feels because they rather find dad and save the whole world, or about how the brotherhood seem to be the bad guys or etc
It's like all of the reddit, a circlejerk around pictures because those children cannot read anything longer than 2 sentences without their ADHD kicking in.
It's really infuriating reading that shit
OH GUYZ CHECK OUT THIS FALLOUT 3 COSPLAY CHICK
OH GUYZ CHECK OUT MY NUKA COLA BOTTLE
HEY GUISE LOL LOOK DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN A CASSADOR EATS YOU? (picture of a Cassador)

brilliant stuff

Jozoz

Prophet

I've actually seen plenty of people saying they prefer Fallout 3's story because it was more "personal".

Nas92

Augur
I've actually seen plenty of people saying they prefer Fallout 3's story because it was more "personal".
They just say that, they actually don't give a flying fuck about the story. "Personal", in this case, translates to "fuck yeah Liam Neeson". How in the fuck can James be personal when his lines had to be kept to a bare minimum because greedy jew Liam Neeson (and Malcolm McDowell too) asked for half the game's budget?

Jozoz

Prophet
They just say that, they actually don't give a flying fuck about the story. "Personal", in this case, translates to "fuck yeah Liam Neeson". How in the fuck can James be personal when his lines had to be kept to a bare minimum because greedy jew Liam Neeson (and Malcolm McDowell too) asked for half the game's budget?

I think their argument was that in FNV they were too disconnected from the events of the game. I don't understand that logic at all. Maybe because the world is coherent and exists without the Courier, they feel like they don't matter enough.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

They should've asked for more given where their voices were put in.

GloomFrost

Arcane
You can also find online a list made by "hardcore fallout fans" of things they want to see in f4 and holy shit is that list dumb. They want staff like CO OP AND A FULLY VOICED PROTAGONIST just to name a couple. Fallout is dead, Bethesda burn in hell.

Sykar

Arcane
You can also find online a list made by "hardcore fallout fans" of things they want to see in f4 and holy shit is that list dumb. They want staff like CO OP AND A FULLY VOICED PROTAGONIST just to name a couple. Fallout is dead, Bethesda burn in hell.

Well, who needs gameplay and an engaging story nowadays? Certainly not Biodrones and Bethderps.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
First screenshot

gamescom_screen_01_26952.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom