Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Dishonored 2 would be more likely, but I take Fallout 4 too.

I would love that, pretty much the only ''AAA'' title I liked.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I see people calling Fallout 3 "Fallout" all the time and these people are the ones most vocal about "what Fallout is about" and they lecture people (players of the original Fallout, most of the time) about it.

Really? I would have thought it otherwise. As in, some scrawny-legged current gen ignoramus calls Fallout 3 "Fallout", so along comes a beefy ORIGINAL FAN who angrily flicks a cigarette butt into their chest, grabs them by the collar and proceeds to lecture them nose-to-nose about the REAL, TRU Fallout, spraying frothy saliva in their face in the process, then shoving them away violently and storming off, raging hard about "The Decline" to everyone in the immediate vicinity, who were innocently just going about their day-to-day lives...

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Really? I would have thought it otherwise. As in, some scrawny-legged current gen ignoramus calls Fallout 3 "Fallout", so along comes a beefy ORIGINAL FAN who angrily flicks a cigarette butt into their chest, grabs them by the collar and proceeds to lecture them nose-to-nose about the REAL, TRU Fallout, spraying frothy saliva in their face in the process, then shoving them away violently and storming off, raging hard about "The Decline" to everyone in the immediate vicinity, who were innocently just going about their day-to-day lives...

You just described my IRL behavior

Lios

Cipher
never got to play Ultima Online and from that day i never touched any multiplayer game, not hatin' or whatever but i never got into this whole thing
i never needed to share my love for a pc gaming experience with others cause I love my isolation when playing

fallout with multiplayer is something absurd because no matter how awesome the multiplayer may be for some people,
it fully negates the isolationist's need that I mentioned above.
And before those "Fallout 2 was already a theme park duh" or "The series are not Fallout since so many years" hardcorebros start their thing, I don't talk about the game's atmosphere, I'm talking bout the gamer's need/choice to have a solid solo experience without the need of other assholes participating.

Jozoz

Prophet
If multiplayer Fallout is put in the game then the single player will suffer for it.

Jozoz

Prophet
Is that even logically possible?

Well first of all it would take development time away from the single player.

Besides the game would surely be made with it in mind.

For example I think we would see more of the stuff like the Raider ambush in the Super Duper Mart. Stuff like that is awesome for multiplayer, but deep quests with great branching won't be.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's a given Fallout 4 is being worked on? Why? Because it'll sell millions of copies. Not really much of a scoop there. As far as multiplayer, wouldn't surprise me given how executives think.

Jozoz

Prophet
oh my god :lol:

:lol:
:D
:)
:?
:|
:(
:mad:

One can dream.

I meant "deep" in terms of the puddle of depth that is Bethesda quests though.

Quests like the Android one were more interesting to me than the one with those dumb supervillains for example.

Crevice tab

Savant
For example I think we would see more of the stuff like the Raider ambush in the Super Duper Mart. Stuff like that is awesome for multiplayer, but deep quests with great branching won't be.

Considering how 'deep' (and deeply retarded) most of Fallout 3's quests were a mostly harmless shallowness is :incline:.

Caleb462

Educated
Bros, the reasons why the post apocalypse is appealing are almost palpable.
As our population is constantly increasing it is only a matter of time before we have our own post apocalypse. I cannot see humans reason over our planet's dwindling resources. Just skim through history books to see the reasons why people started wars. You know some stupid insecure leader will push THE button.

Nah, because there is no button. Nuclear Weapons are an elaborate fairy tale.

Xenich

Cipher
Well, I am not playing it unless it is made for console and bare bones ported to PC. The console systems are superior in hardware and the input functionality.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Early 2015 release? Lol? So, in the next four months? Don't they generally like to build up massive hype over the course of a year and reap a bunch of preorders?

Oh... I guess they mean the release of the release date. Wow, desperate for news.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Gameinformer reveal in the next couple months, E3 first gameplay video reveal, October/November release seems quite possible, and usually fits Bethesda's marketing MO.

Someone shoot that dumbfuck journo that confuses reveal-date with release-date.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom