Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But why would someone be allowed to register a name with the trademark Fallout in it?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I hope we're gonna meet an immortal Ray Kurzweil there, founder and patriarch of the Singularity Church.

"Find me these special sauce components in the wasteland, and when you return you'll be granted a cosy place juxtaposed to my own cryo tank. Sounds good?"

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
That seem like a retarded title to anyone else?
That's how you know it's the real thing.
Beat me to it. Although, keep in mind anyone can file these things. Remember six months ago some derpy made a Fallout: Shadows of Boston IMBD entry. This is probably just more fan wanking.

Hines is big on deception.

Perhaps he's putting out derpy imdb entries to cause doubt and confusion about the necessary public filings they have to do.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If that trademark is legit, I doubt it's the name of the actual game, which will probably be just Fallout 4. It might be the name of some kind of tie-in property.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Noticed post by Infinitron from thread list view.
Clicked on thread hoping for actual news.
Just his reply to bland hype about domain name registration.
Maximum disappoint.

So here's a free-meter Haiku-styled short poem instead:

Broken hills dusted in sand
I lie by a long dead fire
Radiation cooking my chicken.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
I wanted to see what Bethesda's forum is saing about this, first thing I saw:
Something to note. Discussions of Child Killing is not allowed on these boards. Don't even bring it up in this thread. It won't happen in any future game from Bethesda, so there is no reason to even discuss it. If you post about this subject, you may be Warned and or Banned from the boards for doing so.
:roll:
So it will be crap anyway, better got disappointed now than when you spend the money on it.

Were quest givers in F3 killable, or it was Skyrim's level of game for primary school kids?

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I wanted to see what Bethesda's forum is saing about this, first thing I saw:
Something to note. Discussions of Child Killing is not allowed on these boards. Don't even bring it up in this thread. It won't happen in any future game from Bethesda, so there is no reason to even discuss it. If you post about this subject, you may be Warned and or Banned from the boards for doing so.
:roll:
So it will be crap anyway, better got disappointed now than when you spend the money on it.

Were quest givers in F3 killable, or it was Skyrim's level of game for primary school kids?

Reckon we could show a screenshot of this on 4chan get /v/, or even /b/ to troll the boards asking about child killing?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Of course they will be killable, just needs a mod to enable it.

xvEqVet.jpg

If that trademark is legit, I doubt it's the name of the actual game, which will probably be just Fallout 4. It might be the name of some kind of tie-in property.

Which it likely won't be, since anyone can submit those applications - they did the same thing with last year's hoax.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Non killable everybody who is not cis white straight male.

Last year's hoax was pretty cool, ciphers on this fake website were more entertaining and exciting than entire F3.

Nas92

Augur
Why would anyone consider Shadows of Boston to be real? It's quite clear Bethestard would want the number "4" in their Fallout game.
Anyway, anyone remember this horseshit? Was this Kotaku trying to get more ad revenue or was it an actual leak? The absolutely horrible writing points to it being real, but at the same time I imagine that this is something a Kotaku journalist would write and admire himself for.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
But why would someone be allowed to register a name with the trademark Fallout in it?
Well I don't read German but was it actually registered or just filed? People do this all the time with World of Warcraft. File bogus expansion titles then link it as proof of the new expac's title.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Why would anyone consider Shadows of Boston to be real? It's quite clear Bethestard would want the number "4" in their Fallout game.
Well, it's possible that one day they'll just accept fact that they cannot make good Fallout game and give somebody else chance to make another spinoff.

bonescraper

It's simple. It's the new Fallout spinoff from Obsidian. While Bethesda makes the numbered ones, Obsidian makes Fallout: *insert your city name here*.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom