Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Morrowind was one of those games that was good despite its ridiculous parts.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How you value Morrowind depends on what elements you care the most about in RPG. If you care about things like combat or choices and consequences then you will be disappointed with Morrowind, but if you want a good hiking simulator then its pretty good game.

Also best TES game is Battlespire, which is ironic it being a spin off.

Lemming42

Arcane
New found love for Morrowind seems to be relatively recent development in Codex. It seems that older it gets the more fond become memories of it. I blame newfags and dementia.

Consider it a shift in priorities I guess. Going back to threads from 2003 on page 500-billion of General RPG Discussion, most people ripping on Morrowind are pointing out that it's gone in a different direction to Daggerfall. So most of the criticisms (which are all valid) are about how the character creation is much simpler than Daggerfall, the world map is a small island rather than a huge world spanning 2 or 3 provinces, the RPG mechanics are shitty and the combat is awful etc. What isn't being discussed much is the lore, world and atmosphere and all the other non-gameplay shit, which is where Morrowind's strengths lie.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
How you value Morrowind depends on what elements you care the most about in RPG. If you care about things like combat or choices and consequences then you will be disappointed with Morrowind, but if you want a good hiking simulator then its pretty good game.

Also best TES game is Battlespire, which is ironic it being a spin off.

I would say world building, lore, design and IMMERSHUN are its highlights. If you care a lot about that shit you'll love the game, if you don't then you won't.

"After I kill you, I will rape your corpse. Don't worry. I'll be gentle."

You don't forget some(thing)one who tells you that.

"Ra'Virr knows why you are here."

Just as good as Daedric, but at a fraction the price? What's the catch you sly Khajiit?

And I like to think Baladas Dmnevani is still puttering around some Velothi ruin, justifying his stubbornness by reasoning that he's older than dirt and a few more layers on top of his home won't hurt.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Rose tinted glasses is thinking Baldur's Gate is a good game. Morrowind being a good game means you like IMMERSHUN more than others. Torment being a good game means you like story more than others. I could go on.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
mlsS5ac.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why would he, though? He reads maybe... fifty lines of dialogue? And while he isn't exactly Tom Hanks famous/busy he does plenty of others work so I don't see why it would hold some special place in his heart. Would be like asking Patrick Stewart about Oblivion.

And since people seem to be debating it again I'll rehash my sentiments: Morrowind had an amazing hand crafted/designed world but horrible game systems/mechanics.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That response was innocuous, but some of the other ones seemed liked outright trolling. There was one question like "What Fallout was your favorite". He could have replied so many ways, instead he was like fuck you I hate video games.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Maybe he hates video games! I'm sure the guy was a tad resentful that people asked him about Fallout when it represents 0.01% of his work.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Maybe he hates video games! I'm sure the guy was a tad resentful that people asked him about Fallout when it represents 0.01% of his work.
It's a PR stunt. You just suck it up so people like you. If you're not there explicitly to convince people to like you what's the point?

Plus it's fucking reddit, of course video games are going to come up. It was obviously just an ill conceived idea.

Drax

Arcane
If you are a famous actor that played/voiced many different characters, you can't pretend that people only ask you about the roles you liked, people are going to ask about the things they are interested in. If that's too much stress for him, he can relax later doing whatever he wants with the millions of dollars he made playing all those "annoying" characters...
Either that, or retire and shut the fuck up.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's a PR stunt. You just suck it up so people like you. If you're not there explicitly to convince people to like you what's the point?

Plus it's fucking reddit, of course video games are going to come up. It was obviously just an ill conceived idea.

So wait, you want him to lie and pretend to make you feel like he gives a shit? You actually want fake PR bullshit?

tuluse

Arcane
So wait, you want him to lie and pretend to make you feel like he gives a shit? You actually want fake PR bullshit?
If you have the personality of someone who insults random people because they enjoyed something you did, you probably shouldn't interact with people.

Lemming42

Arcane
I understand that he doesn't give a shit about Fallout beyond his 20 lines per game, but it still seems weak to brush off a fan of your half-assed voicework when they express how much they liked it.

Tharkin2

Savant
Anyone believe there is a chance Bethesda will release a tease or hint on the 23rd?

I understand that he doesn't give a shit about Fallout beyond his 20 lines per game, but it still seems weak to brush off a fan of your half-assed voicework when they express how much they liked it.

Yeah, it's rockstar diva behaviour. It's weird seeing people defending this faggotry as "being sincere". It seemed to me that he was just unleashing his frustrations over being reminded of work he considers "below" himself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom