Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Athelas

Arcane
Mods will fix it.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
So it's confirmed to be set around Boston? Can't wait to hear Bethsoft's version of a Boston accent on all the NPCs :D

almondblight

Arcane
I'm looking for a water chip. Shiny little thing. Have you seen it?

It's funny that line gets so much shit when you spend the first third of Torment (Codex #1 RPG!) going around asking strangers on the street "I lost my journal - have you seen it?"

Cadmus

Arcane
I'm looking for a water chip. Shiny little thing. Have you seen it?

It's funny that line gets so much shit when you spend the first third of Torment (Codex #1 RPG!) going around asking strangers on the street "I lost my journal - have you seen it?"
Yeah, except they always say "what?? a journal? people don't write here anymore, nobody would want such a thing!"
But then of course you find shitloads of written things, so I dunno. It also felt weird to me to be asking about "a journal"

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If I had to choose any city, in any part of the world, in which to base a post-apocalyptic game, the last one I would ever choose or even think about would be Boston.

Idiots.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
New Orleans. I lived in Boston for a couple of years. It's a great city but despite having a lot of Revolutionary War era history the number of remarkable landmarks/attractions is fairly low. It's just a big northeastern metroplex. D.C. and Las Vegas make good settings for obvious reasons.

Then again... Boston has the T so Bethesderp can make copious use of shitty subway tunnels again.

Tharkin2

Savant
What is wrong with Boston as a setting?

Fenway park Home of the Green Monster.

Bunker Hill.

One of the DLC had a ghoul hunting down old political enemies.If you try I bet you can come up with a political family with strong Boston ties.

There is an Army R&D facility in Natick(They are working on gear for the future soldier program)

Plus I live an hour away and would get a kick out of having set there.Why do you want to make me sad?

BigWeather

Augur
New Orleans is a good GTA setting.

Mafia presence, voodoo, historical buildings...

I'd love to see a New Orleans GTA, maybe set it before, during, and after Katrina or something. They kind of missed an opportunity there, as GTA4's subtext is 9/11 and GTA5's the Great Recession. A GTA set in New Orleans around Katrina could deal with race.

Though the GTA I really want to see is one set in 70's San Fierro (San Francisco).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I would be very wary of moving Fallout out of the US. That parody of US culture is an important part of the series. So if they want to stay on the East coast, Boston is as good as anywhere else really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom