Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Adon

Arcane
This. A game being new is better than a game being good. Only notorious failures, like Arkham Knight, are seen as something really bad. Many people will enjoy FO4 because they also like Borderlands, but I'd like to see someone saying stuff like "I liked FO3 better than this". It could be fun.

Oh, you bet that'll happen. Not only was it the first Fallout game for many, but it's old enough for people to be nostalgic about it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's a move away from Fallout and towards Borderlands. The focus is more on gunplay and weapon/armor itemization than wasting time paying lip service to 'RPG elements.' It's what they did with Skyrim. Good for what it is, bros.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm watching this first 4 hours gameplay video... So, the 'laser musket' fires laser beams, but is recharged manually, and produces a could of smoke when you fire? I don't even think I can comprehend this level of retardation.

Also, women faces look notably worse than men's. Probably to accommodate SJWs to have an easier time ending up with female characters' faces that resemble their own. A bit on the androgynous side too.

Last edited:

Frozen

Arcane
I got a quest to go on a picnic with some brotherhood dude and we were going against the institute synthetics to retrieve some McGuffin.
It would all be fine if he didn't glitched and didn't move at all (the quest say follow him), so I had to kill most of synthetics while heavily armed Paladin in power armor was jerking off in the bkg
Fortunately, game is so easy it didn't matter.

Lemming42

Arcane
I'm a couple hours in. This game is really boring, which is probably the most damning thing anyone could say about a game like this. The combat is improved but it's nowhere near good enough to justify the sheer amount of it in the game, every single marked quest I've come across so far has just been an unavoidable fight.

The only good thing I have to say about this game so far is that the different enemy types demand different strategies (unless you use VATS, in which case you automatically win). Charisma seems to get checked in dialogue a few times, but never to any actual important effect so far.

A steam post on how to...eh, read the title.

Unlock Frame Rate, Change FOV, Skip Intro Video, Unlock Console, 21:9 Support and Remove Mouse Acceleration + Other Fixes

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551069501&tscn=1447077828

(80 FOV)

7B92636F1DE534DE96BE7D4E594F1DF05C1EB7E3

vs

(110 FOV)

F9872A51F5536EB3FED5FB635CEE3E310C06B125

Enjoy.

Shammy

Learned
It's a move away from Fallout and towards Borderlands. The focus is more on gunplay and weapon/armor itemization than wasting time paying lip service to 'RPG elements.' It's what they did with Skyrim. Good for what it is, bros.
See that argument would be fine and dandy... if the game wasn't listed as an RPG. If it was just a shoot em up loot n grab FPS then it would be alright, elevated above the rest by franchise name alone. But what we got is a game with decent gunplay, boring environments, cardboard dialogue, minimal C&C, the list goes on.

I can't understand how anyone can defend this game, and I'm looking at this game as objectively as possible, and the final product is really just a mediocre mess.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not a defense, it's recognizing reality and moving on. I get you're a newfag but the whole hand-wringing shit over the 'death' of Fallout was worn out years ago. The RPG 'tag' is meaningless. Most thinking people know this... you might as well get bent out of shape about twitter or popular music.

Shammy

Learned
It's not a defense, it's recognizing reality and moving on. I get you're a newfag but the whole hand-wringing shit over the 'death' of Fallout was worn out years ago. The RPG 'tag' is meaningless. Most thinking people know this... you might as well get bent out of shape about twitter or popular music.
I never said Fallout was dead; that's a gross assumption on your end. And I'm also accepting reality: it's a buggy, bland, RPG. That is completely and objectively what the game is. How is an RPG tag meaningless, at all? Or any genre tag? I don't mean steam tags, I mean what the company itself labels its game as, which in this case was an Open World RPG that provided a boring world and shallow role playing experience.

Lemming42

Arcane
Regardless of the Fallout name, this game just isn't very good so far. Maybe it'll pick up later.

Honestly, if it didn't have Fallout in the name I think I'd have dropped it by now. On the plus side, plenty of genuine laugh-out-loud glitches and Todd moments so far - I found a Fat Man with two nukes loaded on the corpse of a low level raider, who died when he tried to fire it at me and shot the wall in front of his face. That's like, three retarded things in one.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I can't believe that a game that looks this outdated can run so badly. And fuck these consolitis ridden interface controls :argh:

On the plus side, plenty of genuine laugh-out-loud glitches and Todd moments so far - I found a Fat Man with two nukes loaded on the corpse of a low level raider who died when he tried to fire it at me and shot the wall in front of his face.

Where would a peon raider find a Fat Man? Why didn't his leader take it for himself? And who would fire a nuke launcher without being sure he knew how to use it?

*Sigh* Dammit Todd.

Lemming42

Arcane
Anyone wondering how the Charisma pacify perks work:
When you point your gun at an enemy, you're prompted to press E to pacify. Your character says something stupid and it rolls to see if you succeeded.

You can try multiple times, so running into a hoard of feral ghouls now results in madly tapping E and listening to "CALM DOWN YA FREAK" said about 20 times. If you do succeed, they just sit on the floor and do nothing. It feels like a half-assed mod or something.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't know if it was mentioned here before Bethesdas lazyness strikes once more. When the door closes and he puts that clipboard back, it's actually the same animation what Skyrim used for shields. Train hat part 2 :lol::lol:
7gcVw9D.jpg
That's standard for any 3D game in which models function as attachments to other models.
It's not that unusual for a studio to standardise on a specific rig, and it just so happens that the clipboard with no animation is attached like a shield would be in skyrim.
So if there's anything to criticise here, it would be the lack of a proper animation, not the "reuse of an animation" that doesn't actually exist.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Skyrim itemization is worse than Oblivion which was worse than Morrowind.

Beastro

Arcane
I don't know if it just looks bad graphically, but the animations and over all aesthetics just feel terrible. Like Uncanny Valley irritating, but the Valley applied to landscapes and shit like robots....

The whole style of the game just rubs me the wrong way and feels just, wrong.

Only Bethesda could replace their "conversing with people staring at your a foot form your face" thing with something even more annoying. The way the camera moves around and shit makes me feel like I have a mental itch making me wanna crack my skull up to scratch.

I fucking love Robbaz though in his beginning video trying to be his usually positive self but showing signs of genuine disappointment, like with the dialogue wheels. I have a feeling he'll be having lots more of those come up.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I uncovered a large part of northern part of the map and barely found a few survivors here and there with absolutely nothing interesting to say,everything else seems to be packed with ghouls,moles,raiders etc,feels like i'm playing a fps with shit mechanics...
My first side-quest was to find a fucking a locket,a motherfucking locket...i bet that took them a loooong fucking time to think about this one.And a few other quests like picking melons and gathering fucking tatos...What would you expect from the writters when you get quests like these? A fucking novel for picking fucking tatos and finding lockets? This is shit tier questing ,even fucking SWTOR has more interesting side quests than this fucking disgusting bile of puss..

The dialogue tree is abysmal,you speak with someone for a few seconds ,they ask you for something to do and that's it .You get to ask one or two questions about the quest and that's fucking it.They couldn't even copy the Mass Effect dialogue style ,where you at least had a fucking clue about what is going on,but this? Comparing this with Fallout 3 is like trying to compare Islam with Christianity,that's how bad it is.I'm not even going to mention New Vegas because i'm afraid i will get smited from above, for trying to compare it with this abomination...

The performance is fucking garbage in the city,25-35 fps with a gtx 980,i7 ? Are you fucking kidding me?

They made hundreds of milions and they were fucking outplayed by a bunch of polish cunts who i presume they work for water and bread only.I don't know what is wrong with this company ,but i wish only bankruptcy on their heads because i just can't bear it anymore,to see such a franchise raped by these fucking dumb cunts..

This franchise is dead :dead:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't know if it just looks bad graphically, but the animations and over all aesthetics just feel terrible. Like Uncanny Valley irritating, but the Valley applied to landscapes and shit like robots....

The whole style of the game just rubs me the wrong way and feels just, wrong.

Only Bethesda could replace their "conversing with people staring at your a foot form your face" thing with something even more annoying. The way the camera moves around and shit makes me feel like I have a mental itch making me wanna crack my skull up to scratch.

I fucking love Robbaz though in his beginning video trying to be his usually positive self but showing signs of genuine disappointment, like with the dialogue wheels. I have a feeling he'll be having lots more of those come up.

The title says the lper cut stuff out to dodge spoilers, is that what you're talking about?

Edit: I guess you edited out the bit I was referring to before I hit reply.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom