Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Melee sneak is even more overpowered in this one , thanks to VATS teleport thingy.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yeah, "Blitz" is the gamebreaking part. The perk was obviously necessary to make standard melee useable in VATS, which is still wonky since crit attacks seem to drain all your APs, otherwise you would be pretty dead on your way to the target. Like melee raiders are when they charge with a pool cue at you.

But "Blitz" also working with sneak broke the whole backstab idea, since you can pretty much start your attack outside enemy detection range. So you get the reward of 10x damage from a melee sneak attack without having to risk detection from sneaking up to them.

That leads to the hillarious situations when you sneak up towards a mudcrab queen in your clunky power armor, take some drugs and alcohol for the extra STR, then send her into low orbit with a single strike with all the damage multiplicators stacking up, because the overflow of your WTF damage being converted into physical force.

:hearnoevil:

Bethesda. Bethesda never changes.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
My first (and only) char in F3 was melee.
What I don't like - and they didn't fix it still, is that sometimes you are stuck - instead of attacking in VATS, you are like twich and do nothing else.
And overall with such camera and in 3D it's tiresome as hell...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
A quick rerun of Survival again and I found it 'okay' if you wear power armor and pump some points into Endurance.
It's tough when you don't wear power armor. Why? Explosives. Molotov, mines and grenades can really take a huge chunk off your HP. Better ready some drugs when you're out of power armor. I basically hotkey'd psycho-jet just so I can prioritize targets quickly. And they still don't modify the scarcity in Survival difficulty, so I'm swimming in ammo, drugs, caps and at one point found like 3-4 fusion cores in a random ammo box with LUCK score of 1.
There isn't much of a challenge really with 5-crank Laser Musket for sniping and Spray n Pray Legendary you can buy off a trader.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
20180311232120_1.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
My favorite part is Horizon that let turn game from shit to something digestible.
I tried Horizon, it's very rough around the edges, but it almost makes FO4 worth playing.

Up until the part where I meet Preston, then I feel like throwing up all over my keyboard, and the feeling doesn't go away until I press Uninstall

i almost finished new vegas again (and again and again and again), and you all talk so much about this horizon mod... considered f4 sucks with its retarded story and dialogues, i was thinking about *cough*cough* downloading *cough* this crap again as a hunting ground. i don't want to die every three steps, i want resources to be scarce and caps hard to come by, with tons of customizability between build and equipment. and maybe to spend hours meaningfully managing settlements.
so, other than horizon, which mod should i look for?

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
i almost finished new vegas again (and again and again and again), and you all talk so much about this horizon mod... considered f4 sucks with its retarded story and dialogues, i was thinking about trying this crap again as a hunting ground. i don't want to die every three steps, i want resources to be scarce and caps hard to come by, with tons of customizability between build and equipment. and maybe to spend hours meaningfully managing settlements.
so, other than horizon, which mod should i look for?
Horizon is excellent but it feels very unfinished. The creator seems to be in the middle of redesigning some aspects, and I feel like the mod could use another 6 months, maybe a year, in the oven.

I don't think there are any other mods which come close to what Horizon does.

This was my last modlist:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
+951-Horizon and Start Me Up Patch
+Horizon
+901-Patch for Silent Protagonist mod (6.0 update)
+900-Start Me Up - Normal Dialogue Prompts - version 6.1
+Dynamic Music Overhaul
+876-Postapoc-Automatron DLC.rar
+875-Postapocalyptic Soundtrack Version 2.1
+850-Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - ALL DLC
+827-No More Fake Puddles
+Proper Flyers And Posters
+Pip-Boy Flashlight
+Alternative Vision 1.0.0
+Darker Nights 1.11p6
+702-MAGOMBz-Compatibility patch with Horizon v1.5
+ More Attackers - Get Off My Buildzone 1.1.6
+700-BS Defence - UFO4P
+V.A.T.S. Tweaks
+602-Automatically Lowered Weapons
+601-Further Reduced Scope Fade In
+Canteens of the Commonwealth
+The Eyes of Beauty Fallout Kaleidoscope Edition - All-in-One
+210-PA HoloHUD
+209-SilentProtagonist-Main File
+SCDC - Subjective Cinematic Dialogue Camera
+207-Barber and Surgeon Camera Fix - Vault-Tec Patch
+TruBy9 Fallout4 Modular
+205-Immersive HUD - iHUD
+204-HUDf DEF UI Compatibility Patch
+203-HUDFramework 1.0f
+202-DEF UI Iconlibs Rescaled and Fixed - Subtle Color
+DEF_UI
+200-XDI
+111-In-GameESPExplorer
+110-FO4 Hotkeys - Option 1 - Full - v1.2
+108-Armorsmith All DLCs Patch v3.3
+107-Armorsmith Extended v3.31
+Armor and Weapons Keyword Community Resource (AWKCR)
+104-DeadBodyCollision
+103-Realistic Death Physics - ALL DLC version
+101-QuickTrade 1.3
+100-Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
*DLC: Automatron
*DLC: Contraptions Workshop
*DLC: Far Harbor
*DLC: Nuka-World
*DLC: Vault-Tec Workshop
*DLC: Wasteland Workshop

yesterday i downloaded almost 5 gb of mods, avoiding the most bloated with lesser returns like the armor mods (300 mb for a single armor? you're fucked up), and yet i feel i only scratched the surface of making this into a decent game.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Bethesda had already forced everyone to download several GBs worth of creashun club mods nobody ever buys. By the time your game has become "decent" you need to aquire a new harddrive.

Oh 300 mb for an armor isn't really bloated. You will be able to see every bird shit and dust particle on that ultra mega HD texture! Gotta have priorities bra. :hahano:

yeah, totally new gameplay options.
damn, i wish i hadn't finished fallout 2 five times already. i so miss the retarded playthrough...

maybe it's because my version is a bit... *cough* old *cough* but damn, the game is quite unstable. and horizon doesn't feel this groundbreaking novelty, instead i have full misery 2.0 vibes, "suffer for no other reason than masochism and say you like it".

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
maybe it's because my version is a bit... *cough* old *cough* but damn, the game is quite unstable. and horizon doesn't feel this groundbreaking novelty, instead i have full misery 2.0 vibes, "suffer for no other reason than masochism and say you like it".

Oh shit, what the fuck do you want at all then?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom