Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
6/10 isn't much, I thought it was playable and managed to beat it considering I expected it to be one of the worst games ever.

I didn't like daggerfall, morrowind or oblivion before it. Aside from an hour on fallout 4 before getting a steam refund I haven't played one of their games since.

All their games are just a copy of the first one. "Niice graphix" and boring sand-box world. Even Morrowind, which is revered by some people, under the nice mask is dull walking simulator. All Bethesda rpgs suffer from "mods will fix it" syndrome.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
6/10 isn't much, I thought it was playable and managed to beat it considering I expected it to be one of the worst games ever.

I didn't like daggerfall, morrowind or oblivion before it. Aside from an hour on fallout 4 before getting a steam refund I haven't played one of their games since.

All their games are just a copy of the first one. "Niice graphix" and boring sand-box world. Even Morrowind, which is revered by some people, under the nice mask is dull walking simulator. All Bethesda rpgs suffer from "mods will fix it" syndrome.

Morrowind to me was even more boring then Daggerfall or Oblivion.

Still out of 5 of their games I played Fallout 3 was the only on I managed to finish.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Morrowind to me was even more boring then Daggerfall or Oblivion.

Still out of 5 of their games I played Fallout 3 was the only on I managed to finish.

I guess it has a bit of "Fallout"

Don't know if that's it, when I think back to 2009 or so when I played F3 and the dlc's I think my playing fallout 3 and managing to finish it(and the dlc's) had more to do with a complete lack of other games I enjoyed from the late 2000's.

Off the top of my head in a 6 year period from 2004 till 2010 the only PC games I can think of off the top of my head I enjoyed were Medieval 2 total war, the paradox games and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games(I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting).

For all the flaws bethesda games have, I always feel they insulted my intelligence less then Bioware games. I'd take Oblivion or Morrowind or Fallout 3 any day over Dragon age/Mass effect/Kotor/NWN.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Don't know if that's it, when I think back to 2009 or so when I played F3 and the dlc's I think my playing fallout 3 and managing to finish it(and the dlc's) had more to do with a complete lack of other games I enjoyed from the late 2000's.

Off the top of my head in a 6 year period from 2004 till 2010 the only PC games I can think of off the top of my head I enjoyed were Medieval 2 total war, the paradox games and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games(I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting).

For all the flaws bethesda games have, I always feel they insulted my intelligence less then Bioware games. I'd take Oblivion or Morrowind or Fallout 3 any day over Dragon age/Mass effect/Kotor/NWN.

Stalker trilogy is great! I gave up on Bioware after Jade Empire then they went full retardo. Basicaly now i only believe in indies: Spidweb, Iron Tower, Stygian, T.Biskup, Crate.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted

Stalker trilogy is great! I gave up on Bioware after Jade Empire then they went full retardo. Basicaly now i only believe in indies: Spidweb, Iron Tower, Stygian, T.Biskup, Crate.

I never played jade empire, I pretty much gave up on them after TOB/NWN 1, I ended up playing Mass effect 1 and Kotor though. Only played DA origins because I got it as a christmas gift, haven't played one of their games since 2009 and never will again.

Also yeah I loved the STALKER games, shame the 2nd one got cancelled(the official stalker 2, not clear sky or fall of pripyat). I couldn't get into the metro 2033 games as much even though they weren't bad per say.

vmar

Savant
Are there any overhauls for Fallout 4 that are comparable to Requiem for Skyrim?

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Use Survival mode (as in game option, not some mod), IMHO it works better than Requiem. It's more punishing and no less unfair and arbitrary.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Survival mode makes everything even more bulletspongy.
Survival mode makes legendary enemies appear more often and you deal less damage than on normal... But *more* than on Very Hard and same as on Hard. You also have the Adrenaline mechanic and using this you can potentially kill enemies *faster* than on Normal. You still die faster so in general enemies die as fast as on normal (slower by default, faster when you manage Adrenaline) while you die faster.

Sykar

Arcane

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It's not that fucking ugly as NuVegas, it's almost beautiful.
I'm playing roguelikes without problems.
But if you are 3D game - be good in that 3D.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Horizon, Sim Settlers, Extended Dialogue Interface, Be Exceptional... You can always "skyrim this shit up" but you'll never get a proper game back, you'll only end up with a better sandbox because none of these mods rewrite the original game, not changing the story, the factions, quests, gamebryo, you name it.

The only difference from Skyrim, modding a bad game into decent, this is fixing the arguably worst game in a series (we're talking about a direct FO:BOS competitor for shittyness!) into a bog standard sandbox fps with crappy yet wanting to be important storyline. In other words, still below average.

Last edited:

makchanka

Arbiter
Why the fuck is anyone playing Bethesda's retarded adolescent shit when they could be playing all of the fallout total conversions coming out of shithole countries like Russia and Czech Republic? Those are vastly better than FO3 and 4, they're free, and unlike (the very decent) NV you don't have to deal with the shitty skyrim graphics.

makchanka

Arbiter
Those are vastly better than FO3 and 4, they're free,
Mate, it's the cool Codex approved opinion to hate Bethesda but there is no need to lie.

Fallout 3 is worse than Oblivion and Fallout 4 is like a shittier Sims with guns. People like to say 3 is the best Elder Scrolls game, but Daggerfall exists. Daggerfall is better.

The fan-made fallouts are better in terms of writing, quest construction, environments, character building, and basically everything else, hands-down. They're not as good as the originals, and the amateur hands behind a lot of these games do show through at times, but there's just no comparison between FO3 and 4. If you actually like 3 and 4 you've either never played 1 and 2 or you're under the age of, like, 20.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I like F4 but I think it has nothing in common with Fallout except name, copyrights and such meaningless shit, and I played it as different game.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
That's more or less my perspective. I kinda treated it as a Far Cry game with more quests in a post apocalyptic world. Similarly to Far Cry, I didn't care at all about it after I was done with it.

makchanka

Arbiter
If I wanted a game like that I'd just play STALKER. 3 and 4 are just redundant. If that's your thing though, have at I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom