Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Goblino

Savant
I just mean everybody dickrides new Vegas, but it's still not a good roleplay experience. My big complaint is all the babby shit, like meaningless dialogues, the seriously retarded plot, or the fact that I don't feel like I'm even making choices. Watch me write a better opening.

You and your wife go to the vault, the nuke doesn't do that fucking thing where it blows over them like a leaf blower, you get frozen, you wake up, your wife is gone and all the cryos are dead. Uh oh!

War, war? War. What war? Why do we keep using this shit if it just sounds cringey. Also war changes a fuckton. I'm pretty sure there's no super mutants with chainguns in Syria.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
War, war? War. What war? Why do we keep using this shit if it just sounds cringey. Also war changes a fuckton. I'm pretty sure there's no super mutants with chainguns in Syria.
The line was never about the means of war, but the reasons and justifications of war.
Bethesda is just creatively bankrupt and can't think of any new lines to use, save for repeating this mantra ad nauseum.

Lhynn

Arcane
the save mods actually break the saves over time, so its not really fixed yet.
Don't those mods just call the console command to autosave/create a new manual save? How would they break saves?
No idea, was the first thing i wanted to download and several threads warned about them. It seems that overtime those mods corrupt saves.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/224446614470148073/

Seen it claimed all over the net a couple weeks ago. Havent been playing fo4 tho, lately its been mostly study, so i guess ill play during vacations.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I think it's just retards in charge of troubleshooting. My saves got corrupted -> clearly it's the save mod.

Lhynn

Arcane
I'd rather play Deus Ex or System Shock 2 for shooting. Both better in every regard sans graphics.
Thats blatantly untrue when it comes to the shooting. The whole things play in a much cleaner and smoother way. Its not great, and there are certainly better shooters, but neither desu sex nor SS2 are in that group.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Haven't played this since I uninstalled it a few months back after finishing one playthrough. Now that my season pass pre-purchase has paid off and I have all the DLC, I think I'll reinstall it. :salute:

Lhynn

Arcane
Cannae bring myself to play it. Its installed, ready to be played, but every time i start i just get put off by it.

typical user

Arbiter
There are combat / damage overhauls that solve the issue.
Mods will fix it?
anyway, the save mods actually break the saves over time, so its not really fixed yet.

I played from start to finish clocking around 200 hours and I did not have a single problem with my saves. Well from time to time I had every save corrupted but it was some odd bug, I just needed to resume the game, let 1 second pass and it would read them normally. Probably it was a cause from a running script. For the record I am going to say I have played the game with over 240 plugins enabled, F4SE, ENBoost and many other external mods and apart from this save reading glitch I had no issues. Even crashing to desktop was rare, present thanks to that Frankenstein's game engine but rare.

jaydee2k

Savant
Can i suck your cock darling, sure but before that ANOTHER SETTLEMENT NEEDS YOUR HELP

TK--421

Literate
Cannae bring myself to play it. Its installed, ready to be played, but every time i start i just get put off by it.

I get this with Skyrim, I am not quite there with Fallout 4 but its getting close. I'm trying the Weapons Balance Overhaul and its making the game actually ok. With some other mods such as the 2 legendary effects mod and a few other minor mods to add some weapons, it somehow keeps me coming back despite my inner hate for the games abhorrent dialogue system.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I am actually more curious for what reasons you would play it, the story is abysmal and there is nothing really qualifying "role playing" in the game.
Even if you just want to spend some time wandering around and building stuff there are lots of better games that have those elements and are more rewarding.

TK--421

Literate
I am actually more curious for what reasons you would play it, the story is abysmal and there is nothing really qualifying "role playing" in the game.
Even if you just want to spend some time wandering around and building stuff there are lots of better games that have those elements and are more rewarding.

Yeah, I really don't understand why I play it either. It's not a terrible game, but it really is a relflection on Bethesda. As their games became more popular they also become drastically more simplistic and introduce new unneeded features which I don't agree with for the most part. I think the reason I really play is because the gunplay is somewhat decent and its mod-friendly. But you are correct, there is absolutely no way to role-play in this game because you are glued to the story of your missing son and because of the lackluster voiced protagonist.

Lhynn

Arcane
This p. much sums it up. Theres absolutely no reason to play it, other than being a new release and tagged as RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom