Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Intinium, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Intinium Daedalos' alt Dumbfuck Fargo Fanboy The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Man, FO4 is out, and legacy of the void is released now also, AoD, WL2: EE, D:OS EE, SW: Battlefront in 1 week (And I was about to start a fresh run of F:NV, too)... So many vidyas coming out, ain't got no time to play em all, yo!

What's next? Fucking underrail being released in 2 weeks, too???!

Video game market what are you doing? Stahp

:shredder:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. janior Arcane

janior
    Parrots:
    Yeah and they would do another call of duty with dull dialogues great idea m8

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Rean Codex Grammar Police Patron

Rean
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
    Obsidian could make the Attributes affect dialogue and shake up the Perks to include non violent options. And we know they can make a good story, characters and factions.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I think the game just officially released. Or has it been this way for a while?

^ Top  
  5. rado907 Learned

rado907
    Parrots:
    It's just the November AAA titles release flood.
    I remember back in 2011 they released L.A. Noire and Skyrim on the same day.
    That was a good weekend.

^ Top  
  6. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    Fallout 4 opened its flood gates on steam few minutes ago and according to steam stats is already on 5th place.

^ Top  
  7. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    HOLY SHIT 3rd place in a few seconds.

^ Top  
  8. Frozen82 Arcane

Frozen82
    Parrots:
    Iv played about 2h and its like sleeping pills
    The story is so simple and stupid if you could even call it a story and its full of team America bullshit
    VA is bad even for Bethesda standards so you could have some laughs out of it in a its so bad that its funny sort of way.
    Map looks tinny, everything looks like crap and game overall looks cheap.
    Im trying to play it as a shooter to have at least something out of it but the shooting is same old crap like FO3.

Don't get it for who is this for. You can find better games for all elements present. And if you like "TES vibe" (sick) play FO3 with headcanon.
    Its "better" game-no terrible VA and has stats.
    Other than that there is no difference.
    I mean there is a guy who is doing a "story" LP of FO3 with exact same story as FO4. And he started it like before 4 months or more. Don't know who ripoff who.

Its a boring shooter, its a terrible story, its an ugly looking small open world.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    The only games befoer Fallout are DOTA and CS:GO right now on steam. At this pace Fallout will dethrone DOTA in a few hours. Not even GTA V made this.

^ Top  
  10. Rean Codex Grammar Police Patron

Rean
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
    Depends where you are in the world. If you're actually from Israel you have access to it now due to it being the 10th where you are (not sure if you're from Israel, just a guess).

Australia have had it for hours. Mainland Europe just got it, UK have to wait another half hour. I VPNed my way into Amsterdam because I want to unlock the bastard and make sure it works before I go to bed.

^ Top  
  11. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Parrots:
    8,000 people in 2 minutes on steam stats. crazy

^ Top  
  12. Florian Gheorghe Savant

Florian Gheorghe
    Parrots:
    It is very playable on my laptop unlike Witcher 3. A very good engine in my opinion. It reminds me a lot of Rage and in a very good way.

Trimis de pe al meu Galaxy Nexus folosind Tapatalk

^ Top  
  13. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Parrots:
    Well if the game uses an old engine, there are somewhere burred in it all F3/NV systems. Also there can be a workaround of introducing skill system by making few hundreds of those perks and making the previous one reacquired to take the next. At least it would force thresholds mechanic :M

^ Top  
  14. Dryngar Novice

Dryngar
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity
    ^ Top  
  15. Lemming42 Arcane

Lemming42
    Parrots:
    We're coming up on midnight in the UK now, finally time to make my flimsy genderswapped self-insert and shoot RAIDER SCUM

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Genma:TheDestroyer Arcane

Genma:TheDestroyer
    Parrots:

Oh it reminds me of Rage too, but I think we're remembering that game very differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I91AG2BhcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucyThfj6pAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Zc8ZrSvq4

It did this on some Nvidia cards at launch too, but if you had AMD it was apocalyptic. It also had a somewhat colorful wasteland filled with weird creatures and stuff to tinker with, but was ultimately kind of shallow. I think there was even less of a reason for you to care about the main quest or villain.

^ Top  
  17. darthaegis Savant

darthaegis
    Parrots:
    86% positive reviews on Steam. And a lot of them aren't "TODD YOU SUCK FIX YOUR GAME SO I CAN SUCK YOUR COCK"

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor Patron

Blaine
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Some of the voice acting truly is completely awful, just going by the videos that have been posted recently in this big gay thread.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Parrots:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Voice Acting the the least concerning thing in this "RPG".... :M

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  20. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    From what I see, and comparing to FO3: this game looks like it could have been released just as well in 2008, with the same successs.

In effect, everyone is praising a 2008 game being re-released in 2015 with barely any changes. Herd psychology.

Except no faggot has this excuse for FO4. It's the same game as the last one. You don't even need to play it to criticize it, if you've played the previous one.

That's really funny. First they pay for the 10/10 reviews, then they jerk off to them, as if they actually deserve the scores.

Absolutely! No mods allowed :lol:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    ^ Top  
  21. pippin Guest

pippin
    Are there any new VAs this time around, other than the two main characters?

^ Top  
  22. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Parrots:
    I tried to tell these Bethfags exactly this when they tried to critize me for not having played this. Right if I have not played Fifa 2013 then I do not how Fifa 2015 will play, Bethtard. Wonder how these morons do not understand such a simple conclusion.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    Parrots:
    It's actually hilarious how Fallout went from being a niche RPG to a CoD-level dudebro franchise. Some of the streams up on Twitch at the moment are just...

:happytrollboy:

Well played, Bethesda. You truly know your audience.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  24. toroid Arcane

toroid
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  25. Jozoz Arbiter

Jozoz
    Parrots:
    The leader of the minutemen has the worst voice acting I have ever seen.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)