Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Wasteland 2 is already my Fallout 4

crojipjip

Developer
Übermensch
Anyone here interested in improving Fallout 3? If not I will go on to mod FOT

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
While Fallout 3 was shit, I enjoyed the hell out of New Vegas. So if Bethesda makes Fallout 4 I'll skip that and wait for the inevitable Obsidian sequel.

First post after a year of lurking and already a beth bash and Obsidian praise..... you have a bright future ahead of you waiting in the Codex.
Word. I still don't understand how people think that Fallout 3 is horrible, while New Vegas is excellent. It has better writing, sure, but not much better. And everything else, that was oh so decline when fallout 3 came out, remains: Like the change to first person, it has pop-a-mole action, pop-a-mole graphics (whatever that means, I did see someone on the codex describe the graphics in skyrim as such though, so it probably also applies here) and pop-a-mole voice acting.
Mandatory:

I still find it amazing that Bethesda commissioned a Fallout game to Obsidian at all. Where did that even come from?

:hearnoevil:: Hey Pete, there is one thing about Fallout 3 that bothers me... how happened we succeeded on selling it to everyone but the Fallout fantard market base we were supposed to sell it in the first place?

:balance:: Simple, Todd, they hate everything which doesn't have some Black Isle alumni's name slapped over it.

:hearnoevil:: So what if we find some ex-Black Isle guys and repackage Fallout 3 slapping their names over it? Speaking of which, the new Fallout 3 fanbase will be happy to buy it a second time too.

:balance:: GJ Todd. *dialing*

:mca:: Will work for food!

:codexisfor: :codexisfor::codexisfor::codexisfor::codexisfor:: We've got our real Fallout back! With dialogues! Nevermind it's the exact same shooter as before...

:balance:: Bingo!

Multi-headed Cow

Is the Skyrim engine really that much better? Isn't it still Gamebryo? Fucking awful engine for FPS(tabber) style ARPGs.
Either the engine's a hair better or Bethesda's team got some of their retarded demons out with Oblivion and Fallout 3. A Bethesda-made Fallout 4 would still have a fuckawful story I don't doubt, but judging by how they've gone from Oblivion to Fallout 3 to Skyrim they seem to be inclining in the gameplay department.

Of course if you're Jaesun you still won't like it even though you like Mass Effect, which is linear and doesn't support mods. SHAME, JAESUN. SHAME.

MCA
I doubt it. They already have Dawnguard, TESO and Dishonored. Fallout 4 could overshadow the other releases.
HIGHLY unlikely. There are three major Skyrim DLC packs confirmed, and the first has only just been demo'ed, plus the reasons Sul noted.

Dishonored and TESO are made by other studios. DLCs don't require a full development team, they are just mods. So, Bethesda dev team is literally sitting around doing nothing if they aren't working on another game already. Now THAT is highly unlikely.

I'm disappointed fellow Codexers are so unaware about these stuff.

MCA
F4 on Skyrim engine?

More like Morrowind engine?

Huh? Was there actually a point in there?

Is the Skyrim engine really that much better? Isn't it still Gamebryo? Fucking awful engine for FPS(tabber) style ARPGs.

You mean like Civ IV? :smug:

Fucking this. Average intelligence and literacy of Codexers have REALLY dropped in the last few years. Engines don't make games. Design does.

MCA
While Fallout 3 was shit, I enjoyed the hell out of New Vegas. So if Bethesda makes Fallout 4 I'll skip that and wait for the inevitable Obsidian sequel.

First post after a year of lurking and already a beth bash and Obsidian praise..... you have a bright future ahead of you waiting in the Codex.
Word. I still don't understand how people think that Fallout 3 is horrible, while New Vegas is excellent. It has better writing, sure, but not much better. And everything else, that was oh so decline when fallout 3 came out, remains: Like the change to first person, it has pop-a-mole action, pop-a-mole graphics (whatever that means, I did see someone on the codex describe the graphics in skyrim as such though, so it probably also applies here) and pop-a-mole voice acting.

Writing is actually good. Writing in FO3 was a joke. Quest structures, branching and c&c are the best in any FO game. That includes FO1. It's a brilliant game delivered in an unfortunate medium but would otherwise not be delivered at all.

Also FNV > FO2. If it weren't for the FP popamole nature of the game and the anachronisms in the setting, it could contend even the original game.

Shervin

Educated
Also FNV > FO2. If it weren't for the FP popamole nature of the game and the anachronisms in the setting, it could contend even the original game.

Even Avellone himself slaps you in the face if you tell him NV can contend the original game or is better than Fallout 2 in any way.

Sul

Savant
I doubt it. They already have Dawnguard, TESO and Dishonored. Fallout 4 could overshadow the other releases.
HIGHLY unlikely. There are three major Skyrim DLC packs confirmed, and the first has only just been demo'ed, plus the reasons Sul noted.

Dishonored and TESO are made by other studios. DLCs don't require a full development team, they are just mods. So, Bethesda dev team is literally sitting around doing nothing if they aren't working on another game already. Now THAT is highly unlikely.

I'm disappointed fellow Codexers are so unaware about these stuff.
No one said they aren't working in Fallout 4, it's just unlikely they will announce it because it could overshadow the other releases.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Bros, hold your breath for a moment

http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=68492

Fallout 4 - deweloperzy z Bethesda Studios coś szykują i to może być jedna z większych niespodzianek podczas tegorocznego E3. Być może chodzi jedynie o nowe informacje dotyczące Dawnguard, czyli dodatku do gry The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Prawdziwą sensacją byłaby jednak zapowiedź Fallout 4. Trzymajcie kciuki!

google translate it
:balance:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
They probably just read that here and posted it as news. :troll:

aris

Arcane
Writing is actually good. Writing in FO3 was a joke. Quest structures, branching and c&c are the best in any FO game. That includes FO1. It's a brilliant game delivered in an unfortunate medium but would otherwise not be delivered at all.

I don't agree that writing in FO3 was a joke. It wasn't perfect to be sure, but I do think that it is the best output in terms of story that bethesda has ever done, considering that their other writing efforts are weak. I thought fallout 3 had some interesting investigation quests, which gave you the opurtunity to gain much more insight by sneaking around and hacking computer terminals, and where not everything were as it initally seemed. Among those, were a couple of Fed-EX quests, but so had NW, at least as many. I also thought the opening of fallout 3 was strong, with the most immershive character creation I've ever seen: Much better than the psychology test and the character-creation-o-matic machine that you go to, which conviniently stands around in the house of a doctor in a remote village.

That being said, I did think NW's writing was better, as I said earlier. Though not miles and miles better. As for Quest structure, not sure if I agree with you, the basic quest structures seem the same for both games. Branching? Maybe? There were certainly quests within fallout 3 with branching, and I don't remember those choices as less interesting than in fallout NW. Then again, I've only played a subset of the quests of both games once, and a long time age too, so I'm hardly an expert here. All those technical aspects of quests can be implemented to the eagles scream though, but it doesn't matter at the end of the day, if the quests are not interesting, fun and sucks you in. And it is in the latter where NW triumphs over fallout 3, C&C and everything else is just icing on the cake.

theHiddenHand

Educated
Not

I don't agree that writing in FO3 was a joke. It wasn't perfect to be sure, but I do think that it is the best output in terms of story that bethesda has ever done, considering that their other writing efforts are weak. I thought fallout 3 had some interesting investigation quests, which gave you the opurtunity to gain much more insight by sneaking around and hacking computer terminals, and where not everything were as it initally seemed. Among those, were a couple of Fed-EX quests, but so had NW, at least as many. I also thought the opening of fallout 3 was strong, with the most immershive character creation I've ever seen: Much better than the psychology test and the character-creation-o-matic machine that you go to, which conviniently stands around in the house of a doctor in a remote village.

That being said, I did think NW's writing was better, as I said earlier. Though not miles and miles better. As for Quest structure, not sure if I agree with you. Branching? Maybe? There were certainly quests within fallout 3 with branching, and I don't remember those choices as less interesting than in fallout NW. Then again, I've only played a subset of the quests of both games once, and a long time age too, so I'm hardly an expert here. All those technical aspects of quests can be implemented to the eagles scream though, but it doesn't matter at the end of the day, if the quests are not interesting, fun and sucks you in. And it is in the latter where NW triumphs over fallout 3, C&C and everything else is just icing on the cake.

Not trying to be an asshole but the only quest that was branching I can remember was the wasteland survival guide quest, the quest with the russian dude was more boolean than anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom