Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
they are just funny features.

Todd_666d41_5446678.jpg

Radiant AI to be upgraded into Illuminatingly Brilliant AI for F4: NPCs will be able to discuss philosophical topics such as subjectivism, existentialism, and nihilism with the player using only the concept of the mudcrab and dragon shouts.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If there's one thing Bethesderp taught me is not to buy until the GOTY edition is on sale for 75% lest they fuck you over with DLC prices.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It is almost guaranteed that F4 wil lsell 10kk copies because masses will be ecstatic with any kind of huge open-world exploration Skyrim-like remake.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Radiant AI to be upgraded into Illuminatingly Brilliant AI for F4: NPCs will be able to discuss philosophical topics such as subjectivism, existentialism, and nihilism with the player using only the concept of the mudcrab and dragon shouts.

NPC1: What's going on with you?
NPC2: I saw a mudcrab the other day.
NPC1: Are you sure you actually saw a mudcrab? How do you define a mudcrab?
NPC2: Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can.
NPC1: Horrible? That's just your subjective perception, you know?
NPC2: Uh-huh.
NPC1: Farewell.

Sykar

Arcane

NPC1: What's going on with you?
NPC2: I saw a mudcrab the other day.
NPC1: Are you sure you actually saw a mudcrab? How do you define a mudcrab?
NPC2: Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can.
NPC1: Horrible? That's just your subjective perception, you know?
NPC2: Uh-huh.
NPC1: Farewell.

"Why have you been walking against this wall for an hour?"
"Don't question my radiant intellect!"

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Also, considering Fallout 3 had super-deep NPCs, I wonder how deep the NPCs in Fallout 4 will be. Hyper-deep?

Toddler on Duck and Cover interview in 2005 said:
Outside of the obvious flavor and setting, the number one thing is stronger characters. Fallout really set the standard for me on believable people, good dialogue, and character choice and consequence. With Elder Scrolls, we do aim for something enormous, and we simply can't focus on say - 20 to 40 really deep strong characters and just do them. With Oblivion, we're doing a much better job than we've done before, but the scale of game is so different that without sacrificing some of what makes The Elder Scrolls what it is, I don't think we'd be able to have the same level of characterization in NPCs Fallout did. So with Fallout 3, that's something we want to do well, a limited number of super-deep NPCs.

:lol:

Last edited:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Also, considering Fallout 3 had super-deep NPCs, I wonder how deep the NPCs in Fallout 4 will be. Hyper-deep?

Toddler on Duck and Cover interview in 2005 said:
Outside of the obvious flavor and setting, the number one thing is stronger characters. Fallout really set the standard for me on believable people, good dialogue, and character choice and consequence. With Elder Scrolls, we do aim for something enormous, and we simply can't focus on say - 20 to 40 really deep strong characters and just do them. With Oblivion, we're doing a much better job than we've done before, but the scale of game is so different that without sacrificing some of what makes The Elder Scrolls what it is, I don't think we'd be able to have the same level of characterization in NPCs Fallout did. So with Fallout 3, that's something we want to do well, a limited number of super-deep NPCs.

:lol:
Fallout 4 featuring Radiant Depth!
Radient Depth adds new exciting dialogue options that lets you bond with NPCs, and mayhaps, even fall in love!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Fallout 4 will have triple the size of open world of witcher 3, calling it now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If there's one thing Bethesderp taught me is not to buy until the GOTY edition is on sale for 75% lest they fuck you over with DLC prices.
Why waste money at all. Last game I bought from them was Morrowind.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fallout 4 will have triple the size of open world of witcher 3, calling it now.

That would be a good thing 'cause they could then use the original maptravel mechanic and implement settlements and regions more plausibly diverse than with their current miniaturization that makes their maps look like crudely stitched together patchwork quilts. Not that they would nor will, but they could....

pippin

Fast travel kinda does that, but kiddies would still cry because muh upen world.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$100 million spent on the trailer. $100,000 spent on quest creation and radiant AI!

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
2015511112239_1.jpg

According to this, Bethesda would have hired Guillermo del toro's team for a cinematic trailer for the game. So, that means the game is cancelled :troll:

:negative: I want to play that shit

Edit: I came late, Sorry for the delay

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Soon we will learn that writer for Fallout 4 is George Lucas and main project lead is JJ Abrams :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom