Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wonder what kind of movie stars Beth gonna hire for Fallout 4, they must be swimming in money from Skyrim and have a lot to spend on F4

Drax said:
It seems that by the time FO:NV was being made, they realized they needed to up their V.O. skills before getting more of that sweet, sweet AAA dorra.
If they follow NV's standard for main character voice actors, that should be the only part of the game I don't worry about.
Hell, they got Worf and Constable Goo for New Vegas... This time they better hire fucking Al Pacino...

I remember reading a while back that Pacino has a lot of trouble with his voice that is why he didn't do the voice over for the Scarface videogame. They should really take a page from Grand Theft Auto. They really do a good job with voice acting. Bethesda voice acting is usually horrible. I hope they bring out some actual voice actors for the next Fallout game. Neeson did an awful job. Get some of those Nicktoons and Cartoon network voice actors. They always do awesome work.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pffft. Alan Young is like 90 and voiced Scrooge McDuck in the Ducktales remake. No excuses.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I hope they bring out some actual voice actors for the next Fallout game. Neeson did an awful job. Get some of those Nicktoons and Cartoon network voice actors. They always do awesome work.
I don't think only the voice actors are to blame here considering that many games have done a much better job with total nobodies. The voice acting in New Vegas was also superior to anything Bethesda have done, and the TV/movie guys they had (like Matthew Perry and Kris Kristofferson) were excellent there. Poor directing and terrible writing are more likely culprits, and the stiff animations don't really help either. It's hard to sound convincing if you're forced to say inane things without even having a clear idea of what your character is supposed to be like, especially if the in-game character is unable to make a single facial expression that doesn't look uncanny as fuck.

Then again, I think Bloodlines used mainly actual voice actors and was outstanding, so hiring some actual professionals probably wouldn't be harmful either, but they'll just go to waste if the dialogue is what it is.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I rate Fallout's and Skyrim's Good For What They are as long as mod support continues. They aren't really RPG's in the sense that most people refer to that genre, just sandbox action games with very healthy mod communities.

Blackguard

Learned
I rate Fallout's and Skyrim's Good For What They are as long as mod support continues. They aren't really RPG's in the sense that most people refer to that genre, just sandbox action games with very healthy mod communities.

In F3's case even modders couldn't salvage it though.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oblivion was one of the worst games I ever played, Fallout 3 was slightly better but still horrible, Skyrim was somewhat better then Fallout 3 and unlike previous two games mods actually managed to turn it into a good game. Seeing this slight progress of Bethesda I am interested in seeing will they manage to make Fallout 4 into a playable game from the start. Also if they keep their slow but steady increase of quality of their games I wonder can we expect a actually good game somewhere about 2030.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Has this speculation-fest been posted already?

Will Bethesda release a new title for "Elder Scrolls" or "Fallout" during this year's E3 2015? While there is no official word on what the firm has in store, we do know that the company is sponsoring a special event during the conference. For the first time ever, Bethesda announced will host its first event which has led to a surge in "Elder Scrolls 6" and "Fallout 4" rumors.

Now, we have confirmation (via Crossmap) that a new developer has been added to the Bethesda team. Destiny senior gameplay designer Josh Hamrick made the announcement over Twitter.

Bethesda! It's Bethesda! I'm going to @BethesdaStudios and I'm super stoked about it!! :). I hope you'll continue to follow along with me!

"Bethesda! It's Bethesda! I'm going to @BethesdaStudios and I'm super stoked about it!! :). I hope you'll continue to follow along withme!" In addition to the announcemeent, the gamemaker expressed his gratitude to Destiny and excitement over this new chapter.

The publication notes that while the exact position and responsibility of Hamrick remains undisclosed it is possible that the veteran gamemaker will be added to one of Bethesda's top teams. Currently, the "Elder Scrolls 6" team is working on a secret project while the "Fallout 4" is heavily expected to be unveiled in 2015 or at the latest, 2016.

"It really looks pretty clear to fans how the latest reveals that have surfaced online surrounding the Fallout 4 or Elder Scrolls 6 release even such as the recent tweet from three dog voice actor are making sense and getting on board a talented gameplay designer of Destiny Developer at Bethesda studio is simply another great news that add to the equation," added the publication.

E3 2015

Realty Today reported earlier that either game could be released but it's widely reported we could see a "Fallout 4" title ahead of the expected "Elder Scrolls 6".

Given that the "Elder Scrolls Online" has been getting a major boost, it's highly unlikely we'd see another "Elder Scrolls" game when the company is focused on its web-based platform. With this, it's a safe bet that the release of the next-gen "Fallout" would be the more pressing priority.

We could see a "Fallout 4" release during the upcoming E3 with an "Elder Scrolls 6" release sometime in 2016.

The E3 2015 will be held on June 15 to 18, 2015 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Bethesda's E3 press conference will be held the day before on June 14 in Hollywood, Ca.

Kalasanty11

Learned
I would be laughing my ass off if Bethesda was going to actually announce next TES. Maybe they see that TES just sells better and will focus on that. Eh... wishful thinking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom