Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

imweasel

This is Bethesda we're talking about, you're supposed to fucking pirate their games.

Even if you happen to actually like Bethesda's god awful horseshit made for a target audience of individuals with the mental capacity of an 8 year old kid.

Gamebryo is long dead. They're using their own Creation Engine now.
"Enhanced" Gamebryo = Creation Engine

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nah mate, you wait four years,
Then you get the GoTY edition in a sale*, and then you waste numerous hours installing all the popular mods to make it either bearable or turn it into a post-apoc themed rape simulator.
This is the secret to getting some enjoyment out of Bethesda's games.

* Please don't encourage Bethesda to rape Fallout more.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
An in any case it will be interesting to see what gamebryo can do on current generation consoles.

I cant tell if youre being sarcastic...

And I can't tell if you're stupid enough to think that Beth will still use Skyrim-level tech on F4. Obviously, the engine has been massively upgraded over these years. Same name, newer code. Duh.

Cadmus

Arcane
An in any case it will be interesting to see what gamebryo can do on current generation consoles.

I cant tell if youre being sarcastic...

And I can't tell if you're stupid enough to think that Beth will still use Skyrim-level tech on F4. Obviously, the engine has been massively upgraded over these years. Same name, newer code. Duh.
Well, they used Morrowind-level tech for Skyrim, you dipshit. If by "massively" you mean adding some shaders and post processing, yeah sure. I can still see the same game underneath all the hazy shit.

Cadmus

Arcane
Don't talk about stuff you don't obviously have a clue about. Using a DX9 engine for Xbone/PS4 would be retarded even for Bethesda.
what exactly is "too retarded" for Bethesda? Tell me, smartass. There are things in Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Oblivion I would consider too retarded for a literal retard yet they still made it into the game.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't talk about stuff you don't obviously have a clue about. Using a DX9 engine for Xbone/PS4 would be retarded even for Bethesda.
The rendering path is basically irrelevant, switching from dx9 to 10 isn't going to change anything important about gamebryo. It will probably be prettier since specs are higher, but it's going to be same shit underneath.

Beth is retarded in many departments, but tech is not one of them.
They release some of the buggiest games on the market, and still can't let players go into a house without loading.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Beth's mandate is world building, so they build the tech around it. That there will be bugs is statistically inevitable. Like it or not, but squeezing a large and complex game like Fallout 3 or Skyrim into ancient console hardware with 512MB RAM is a remarkable feat. I'm looking forward to what they'll achieve with the new consoles as the new lowest common denominator.

And if it turns out to be a shit game, then there's still a great framework for Obsidian to pick up.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Beth's mandate is world building, so they build the tech around it. That there will be bugs is statistically inevitable. Like it or not, but squeezing a large and complex game like Fallout 3 or Skyrim into ancient console hardware with 512MB RAM is a remarkable feat. I'm looking forward to what they'll achieve with the new consoles as the new lowest common denominator.

And if it turns out to be a shit game, then there's still a great framework for Obsidian to pick up.
Gothic system requirements http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=2638&game=Gothic

128mb of ram

:smug:

Not to mention GTA: San Andreas running on 32mb of ram on PS2.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Don't hold too much hope, all the new console 'power' will go into graphics.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think it's perfectly fine that Beth uses Morrowind engine for their newer games like Skyrim and F4. Yeah, it's a bit dated, has the same hilarious bugs and looks like shit, but at least I can run on my ancient PC - unlike that Frostbite crap Bio switched on.

Cadmus

Arcane
I think it's perfectly fine that Beth uses Morrowind engine for their newer games like Skyrim and F4. Yeah, it's a bit dated, has the same hilarious bugs and looks like shit, but at least I can run on my ancient PC - unlike that Frostbite crap Bio switched on.
I'm glad you can play your shit looking, buggy piece of shit with 3 minutes loading for every small hut, I wish all games looked and played like shit so that I could just buy a Pentium II and be done with it.

no offense :)

valcik

Arcane
Show 30 min gameplay of a near finished game commented by ToddyBoy and have armies of sheepish fanboys go wild.
There are stories about manchilds of terrible power, using high frequency sounds to lure a swarm of rats into their doom. Todd the Rattenfänger has mastered that old trick with his sweet treble voice too.

2mrebs2.jpg

Shin

Cipher
I'm glad you can play your shit looking, buggy piece of shit with 3 minutes loading for every small hut, I wish all games looked and played like shit so that I could just buy a Pentium II and be done with it.

no offense :)

I'm currently playing a heavily modded Skyrim (on a SSD) just to piss of my graphics card and I get maybe 2 seconds of loadtime (sometimes 1) per new cell. Not that I wouldn't like to see a seamless open world in F4/TES6 but you're over-exaggerating, bud.

Sothpaw

Learned
I actually enjoy FO3 & NV unlike all of the Elder Scrolls games. I guess I like that the Beth FO games actually use an XP system instead of use skill = increase skill which I hate. Also shooting > melee or bows in a first person game as far as I am concerned. VATS is pretty trash though; wish they just went full shooter with a bullet time system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom