Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Ah but Skyrim-waifus are more :monocle: than Bioware-waifus because they are actually created by the modders instead of Hamburger Helper or Toupee Gaider.

Multi-headed Cow

Skyrim mod fags love certainly their Waifus.
Man those jiggle mods are a ripoff. Have to try to find armor meshes with jiggling enabled which then limits your options on a lot of shit. And as seen in that video a lot of stuff comes with retarded new animations. Plus god help you if you want character models with pubic and armpit hair and dirt on them. Of course it's even worse for Fallout 3 and FNV mods because you want even MORE dirt on them, especially for the raiders, and the god damn modders won't oblige. Fucking modders, man.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
"In the cards" means it is in the deck, but you just don't know when it will be dealt. So it describes certainty about an event happening, but uncertainty as to when.

American English is superior to British English, everyone know this.

Jesus wrote that in the bible after founding Texas.

Actually given Bethesda's logic up to now, I can see MORE loading screens in Fallout 4. The game might load every time you bring up and lower the Pip-Boy just so they can implement an even more Byzantine menu system, where clicking through 2000 menu items to get to some basic piece of info can become its own mini-game. It might load before and after combat so that the cinematic fights can be even more cinematic. Hell, it might even load before loading, just so Bethesda can show you more detailed loading screens. Never underestimate Beth.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Actually given Bethesda's logic up to now, I can see MORE loading screens in Fallout 4. The game might load every time you bring up and lower the Pip-Boy just so they can implement an even more Byzantine menu system, where clicking through 2000 menu items to get to some basic piece of info can become its own mini-game. It might load before and after combat so that the cinematic fights can be even more cinematic. Hell, it might even load before loading, just so Bethesda can show you more detailed loading screens. Never underestimate Beth.

In a recent interview with him, Todd Howard said the next-gen consoles would offer the opportunity to reduce load screens. FWTW.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...een-announced-yet.72806/page-124#post-3318143

Perkel

Arcane

In a recent interview with him, Todd Howard said the next-gen consoles would offer the opportunity to reduce load screens. FWTW.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...een-announced-yet.72806/page-124#post-3318143

Even on PS1 there could be no load times. It is all up to streaming tech and occlusion tech and world simulation script

Luckra

Educated
Gothic 1 in 2001 didn't have any load screens except when entering really big areas like the Old Mine.
I don't even remember a single loading screen ingame but the game was really long to load (going to the main title took forever and loading a save too). The awesome soundtrack helped a bit.

Cadmus

Arcane
Gothic 1 in 2001 didn't have any load screens except when entering really big areas like the Old Mine.

no house loading either. Though being PC game and not having to much clutter helped a lot.
no, you silly
it was because it was made from the isometric perspective and due to some other technical limitations. Skyrim is 3D so they need to load fucking 2x2 houses!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bethesda Legal Team Pressures ‘Fortress Fallout’ Devs to Change Name

2809173-1093825609-10641.png

:hero:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-legal-team-pressures-fortress-fallout-dev/1100-6425334/

naossano

Cipher
So what are the odds Obsid getting another shot on the follow up? I want to play another Timohty motherfucking CAin fallout, not another Sawyer fallout.

BREAKING: Fallout 4 to be co-developed by Obsidian Entertainment.

I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. Ostensibly, Beth also has a second project (ES6?) in development. They probably need the extra manpower. Bethesda Junior anyone?

What about Obsidian fully making Fallout 3 ? It is not like there is any released Fallout game that fit the bill.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Close enough to be a pretty good game and a worthy addition to the series, but not close enough to stop me crying myself to sleep while whispering "Van Buren".

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
So what are the odds Obsid getting another shot on the follow up? I want to play another Timohty motherfucking CAin fallout, not another Sawyer fallout.

BREAKING: Fallout 4 to be co-developed by Obsidian Entertainment.

I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. Ostensibly, Beth also has a second project (ES6?) in development. They probably need the extra manpower. Bethesda Junior anyone?

What about Obsidian fully making Fallout 3 ? It is not like there is any released Fallout game that fit the bill.
You guys like to torture yourselves.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Obsidian should make the original world map like in fallout 1 & 2,,,,, new vegas felt like a theme park with everything so close together.

naossano

Cipher
Or maybe i am a bit naïve and still hope that Beth declares Fo:Capital Wasteland non-canon. They said they love Fallout numerous times. It would be a good opportunity to make that statement believable.

Lemming42

Arcane
NV is Fallout 3 as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, we all wanted (and still want :negative:) Van Buren but I seriously think there's a lot of areas where NV matches and surpasses Fo1/2. For me, so many aspects of it are so well done that even the piece of shit engine it's trapped in can't stop it from being the true third Fallout game.

Or maybe i am a bit naïve and still hope that Beth declares Fo:Capital Wasteland non-canon. They said they love Fallout numerous times. It would be a good opportunity to make that statement believable.
I don't think they can really do that since it'd piss off a lot of their fanbase - general opinion from what I've seen is that Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas, because it has Liam Neeson and you can blow people up or whatever.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Obsidian should make the original world map like in fallout 1 & 2,,,,, new vegas felt like a theme park with everything so close together.

Walking through vast expanses of nothingness in first person is not my idea of a good time...see: Daggerfall

And so, a long-time Codex poster exposes the fact that he never played the original Fallouts.

The only long-time thing here is your butthurt towards me for laughing at your raging fanboyishness an year ago. New Vegas had to have everything close together because you don't get transported to a huge world map when you get out of a town.

bonescraper

Fuck you all.

Obsidian did a great job in FNV. It's quite surprising, considering they never made a seamless open world game before. FNV feels like a real fucking palce (mainly because it's quite accurately based on one), unlike Fallout 3. Fallout 3 felt like a big fucking waste dump where you could spot a stash or some retarded location every 5 fucking meters in every direction. For a deserted wasteland, it was full of loot. Seems like noone attempted to loot or even explore the area before the protagonist left the Vault. And to make matters worse, there's the Tenpenny Tower and other out of place crap like that.

FNV has more empty space, true. It's more immersive that way, and when you find a stash, it fucking matters. In my opinion, Obsidian outdid Bethesda in that respect, the veterans of open world RPGs. They beat them at their own game. Also, they managed to create a consistent, believable game world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom