Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

DeepOcean

Arcane
So what are the odds Obsid getting another shot on the follow up? I want to play another Timohty motherfucking CAin fallout, not another Sawyer fallout.
The odd of Obsidian following up New Vegas at some point? Pretty good I'd say. The game outsold Fallout 3, and Bethesda takes forever to make games so it's easy to schedule a release that doesn't interfere with their main line.

The odds of it being a "Tim Cain" Fallout? Virtually zero. He's on record as not wanting a management position any more.
Yep, last time Bethesda filled the banks while it was making Skyrim, they would never allow Obsidian to make a Fallout 4 as the last thing they want is publicity fo Obsidian instead of them but a "spin off" with the name Obsidian hidden on some side of the box or something? Bethesda wouldn't hire Obsidian again only if they hated money. For all the talks of Obsidian being ripped off by Bethesda, Feargus would take any AAA project he can grab to keep Obsidian running.

Gozma

Arcane
So what are the odds Obsid getting another shot on the follow up?

There's a question whether Bethesda will go nuts and decide they now have some special development sauce because Skyrim sold 20 million copies. They could make a couple games with higher budgets than they've ever done before that would be too much production value to follow up with an Obsidian reused asset 1-year-of-dev-time slam dunk

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
So what are the odds Obsid getting another shot on the follow up? I want to play another Timohty motherfucking CAin fallout, not another Sawyer fallout.

BREAKING: Fallout 4 to be co-developed by Obsidian Entertainment.

I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. Ostensibly, Beth also has a second project (ES6?) in development. They probably need the extra manpower. Bethesda Junior anyone?

Declinator

Arbiter
While it is obvious that Fallout 4 is next on the cards, the latest rumours are suggesting that the game has been axed from production.

I love it when foreigners try to write in English and fuck it up. "On the cards."

I love it when Americans see British English and think it is incorrect. Both "on the cards" and "in the cards" are okay.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
While it is obvious that Fallout 4 is next on the cards, the latest rumours are suggesting that the game has been axed from production.

I love it when foreigners try to write in English and fuck it up. "On the cards."

I love it when Americans see British English and think it is incorrect. Both "on the cards" and "in the cards" are okay.

Get mad and write on the internet about it.

ETA: "Axed from production" is still terrible.

ETA #2: "In the cards" sounds way better, "On the cards" sounds dumb as fuck, fuck Engaland and God Bless America.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Cut him some slack. The vast majority of Americans have a hard time with anything that happens outside the trailer park they live in.

Lemming42

Arcane
"On the cards" makes it sound like there's an option literally written on a card, which fits with the phrases meaning, whereas "in the cards" makes it sound like there's some weird non-card interloper within the deck of cards. On the cards is the Clear Winner.

Axed from production does sound weird, but I can't really tell why.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
"In the cards" means it is in the deck, but you just don't know when it will be dealt. So it describes certainty about an event happening, but uncertainty as to when.

American English is superior to British English, everyone know this.

Jozoz

Prophet
I have a bad feeling they will reveal either co-op or a voiced protagonist.

Multi-headed Cow

No co-op no voiced protagonist no whammy no whammy no whammy!

(also hoping for a glorious reveal of doom 4 footage, dishonored 2 announcement, and fallout 4 announcement with release date this year)

Also of course hoping they keep up the good modding support. I would assume they would but god only knows if they'll do something stupid. Maybe they've got stats for how much people use the Steam workshop to run mods for Skyrim and decide it's not worth it, even though using the workshop is really clunky for Skyrim mods and you're better off putting them on manually or using a third party mod manager.

Perkel

Arcane
And then Obsidian got bought by Zenimax and 'dex imploded from butthurt.

"Betheda and Obsidian will join together this way it will be more balanced" - commented Sawyer
"Fuck you, i like money" - said Fergus with grin on his face
"-vomits-" - was trying to say something Avellone under his desk dead drunk

Roguey with his new betsheda t-shirt and face that of a retard sat in his chair before his 17' monitor staring with intense butt-clench on latest sawyer work.
And at that moment his buttock gave away and he rose as his emotion grew up. He was presented with a thing that will provide absolutely no fun and yet it will give you thousands of gameplay hours. Trully spectacular achievement of betshedas time waste and obsidians no fun allowed mechanics

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Fallout 4 will inevitably have loading screens when you enter each tiny hut, which will render it instantly unplayable for me in 21st century.

And as usual, the entire game will be written for the low-INT character - regardless of your actual stats...

Also of course hoping they keep up the good modding support. I would assume they would but god only knows if they'll do something stupid. Maybe they've got stats for how much people use the Steam workshop to run mods for Skyrim and decide it's not worth it, even though using the workshop is really clunky for Skyrim mods and you're better off putting them on manually or using a third party mod manager.

The % of their playerbase that plays on pc AND uses mods must be quite small. It must be pretty simple for them to add mod support or else they wouldn't have bothered past Morrowind (modders do nearly all the work anyway)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I would hope they've progressed past loading screens... like most every other open world arpg has at this point but... probably not.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The % of their playerbase that plays on pc AND uses mods must be quite small. It must be pretty simple for them to add mod support or else they wouldn't have bothered past Morrowind (modders do nearly all the work anyway)

Seeing that most popular mod for Skyrim has 4 million unique downloads I would say that quite big number of PC players use mods. Mods prolong sales lifespan of a game, I wouldnt be surprised that at this point PC version of Skyrim generated almost same amount of money as both consoles combined. So not adding mod support would be extremely stupid from financial point of view.

Multi-headed Cow

I dunno. Skyrim is still in the top 10 most active games on Steam, and even FNV is still pulling enough players to be on the list. It's possible it'd still be up there without mods but I'd be inclined to believe they have something to do with the longevity of it. In fact I would hazard a guess it sold more copies on PC than any individual console, but I'd just be pulling shit out of my ass.

Perkel

Arcane
In fact I would hazard a guess it sold more copies on PC than any individual console, but I'd just be pulling shit out of my ass.

If those games would sell more on PC you would see those games designed for PC. Individual console sales don't matter since controll scheme is essentially the same and they are different only in how they render stuff.

But yeah mods are giving their games long legs. Hell half of codex here played skyrim just to shit on vanilla and move to something like requiem

Gozma

Arcane

I think it's mostly that they make/maintain a really simple and easy toolset for throwing together lots and lots of low end content for their own use so it's easy to just hand it to modders at the end.

DeepOcean

Arcane
And then Obsidian got bought by Zenimax and 'dex imploded from butthurt.
If they get a way to protect Pillars of Eternity IP from Bethesda hands and guarantee future kickstarters, I wouldn't feel the butthurt. Believe me, making a World of Tanks wannabe, a South Park RPG and some shovelware MMO, there is no way for Betheda to get Obsidian to decline even more.

Jozoz

Prophet
EaySGkP.jpg

Clickbait. Clickbait never changes.

imweasel

Skyrim is still in the top 10 most active games on Steam
So is Garry's Mod. Since it was released in 2006.

pQW1WTn.png

Why? Because people like mods, which just happens to be the only good thing about Skyrim.

Skyrim mod fags love certainly their Waifus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom