Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Modron

Arcane
I want to be a mutant.

How will Bethesda reconcile your scripted death by radiation this time around?

Multi-headed Cow

As much as I'd like Todd to suddenly show up and go "HEY GUYS, RELEASING FALLOUT 4 IN A MONTH, TOODLES" I don't see it happening. Bethesda's too big on building hype. They wanna slowly tease you and work you into a frenzy until you just can't stand it any more and as soon as the game hits the shelves you buy a copy and take it home and start thrusting, can't really do that with sudden announcement and launch out of the blue.

Sykar

Arcane
As much as I'd like Todd to suddenly show up and go "HEY GUYS, RELEASING FALLOUT 4 IN A MONTH, TOODLES" I don't see it happening. Bethesda's too big on building hype. They wanna slowly tease you and work you into a frenzy until you just can't stand it any more and as soon as the game hits the shelves you buy a copy and take it home and start thrusting, can't really do that with sudden announcement and launch out of the blue.

Kinda like that retard in the "EA in a nutshell" video, knowing how bad the game is but still buying it "cuz shiny".

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Interesting New Vegas is more niche than fallout 3 but tend to have higher scores. Maybe because it tends to stick more to the fallout universe than f3 did and was played only by hardcore fallout crowd?

vj21QWb.png

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Someone explain to me what the fuck is so different about the Creation Engine that makes it SOOOO much better than Gamebryo. I just look at it and feel like Bethesda just ripped the source of Gamebryo and used that, or that they like it so much that they just copied all that they loved about it over.

Or they did none of the above and struck a deal to just give Gamebryo a new name and stick with it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Someone explain to me what the fuck is so different about the Creation Engine that makes it SOOOO much better than Gamebryo. I just look at it and feel like Bethesda just ripped the source of Gamebryo and used that, or that they like it so much that they just copied all that they loved about it over.

Or they did none of the above and struck a deal to just give Gamebryo a new name and stick with it.
Isn't the Creation Engine GameBryo in disguise?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

It's Bethesda's version of gamebryo, they just renamed it after they've rewritten every component in it.
It's still a piece of shit though, the fact that you need a 3rd party hacks to fuck with the memory allocator to avoid it being an unstable piece of shit speaks volumes.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Interesting New Vegas is more niche than fallout 3 but tend to have higher scores. Maybe because it tends to stick more to the fallout universe than f3 did and was played only by hardcore fallout crowd?
New Vegas sold more copies than Fallout 3.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If Fallout 4 is as bad as Fallout 3, I will probably end up loving it in secret. Bring it on, Todd. I'm your bitch, already. You can use me either way you want. Hell, I'll even do a positive review for the Codex if I have to.

:dance:

GloomFrost

Arcane
Unless it is made by Obsidian, not interested. Especially with age of decadence, underrail and stasis on the way.
Oh almost forgot, bethesda burn in hell.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I just want them to release this bitch so Obsidian can get on with making New Vegas 2.

Nas92

Augur
age of decadence.
How close is that game? Is it ever going to come out?

I just want them to release this bitch so Obsidian can get on with making New Vegas 2.
Even if there is going to be another Obsidian Fallout game, it won't be New Vegas 2. At least, what with Bethesda's fear of canon endings, I can only see Bethesda letting Obsidian make a game completely unrelated to New Vegas, with no reference to an ending.

pippin

Obsidian needs to ask them to make a gawd damned TURN BASED fallout game using the PoE engine ffs.

In this day and age, that could only be Fallout: Mobile Edition.
Also, I don't really think there could be much room for a "New Vegas 2". By the game's ending, it becomes clear that most of the things that aren't dying alone and completely abandoned were already killed by the player.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
In this day and age, that could only be Fallout: Mobile Edition.

In this day and age of (no risk) Kickstarter, If Obsidian did a PC Turn-Based Fallout (and of course getting Zenimax' approval/pay them for a license) that project would get funded so fucking fast....

There are a LOT of us that would love to go back to the way Fallout used to be. Not this fucking action garbage shit.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
In this day and age of (no risk) Kickstarter, If Obsidian did a PC Turn-Based Fallout (and of course getting Zenimax' approval/pay them for a license) that project would get funded so fucking fast....

There are a LOT of us that would love to go back to the way Fallout used to be. Not this fucking action garbage shit.
That's a dream come true but sadly I very much doubt Zenimax would dilute the brand with something so outside the box.

Bethesda is probably working on multiple Fallout titles as it is, probably an mmo at that

Modron

Arcane
Stop calling it Fallout, it's Elder Scrolls with Gunz..

It's a good thing they are tending to stagger the releases of both their franchises so we can continue the proud tradition of fallout 3 = oblivion with guns and fallout 4 = skyrim with guns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom