Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 - mods thread

Perkel

Arcane
Important mod just got released:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/96/?

96-0-1447186496.jpg

Joking aside here are some good ones:

Fallout 4 Configuration Tool - By Bilago :
- proper resolution management
- mouse fix (acceleration and smoothness)
- disable intro (near instant main menu)
- switching off gamepad without disconnecting it completely from pc
all in one exe.

No Perk Level Requirements :
- you don't need to gain lvl for some perk. Only SPECIAL is limit.

No Blur effect and less scanlines on Pipboy and Terminal Hud :
- removes piss filter on pipboy

Modders are still constructing tools for proper mod management so all of those (beside config one) are copy paste into main game folder or sometimes changing things in ini or using cheat engine.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
God fucking damn it. I wish I'd had this one sooner. I took aqua boy because everything I wanted was 10+ levels away. The level requirements on perks / perk ranks are completely out of whack and go against any kind of specialization.

and yet you keep playing
people like you will be the first on my list of public enemies once i rule the earth

Gerrard

Arcane
I want to experience this game in all of its shittiness.

I will take those PipBoy tweaks though, my eyes are bad enough as is, no need to ruin them even more.

potatojohn

Arcane
Using the Fallout 4 Configuration Tool I was finally able to change my FOV. 10/10 highly recommended

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Uninstall.exe is indeed the best mod, though I am waiting for someone to do a total conversion of Fallout: New Vegas in the new engine. Probably won't happen but oh well.

Perkel

Arcane
Uninstall.exe is indeed the best mod, though I am waiting for someone to do a total conversion of Fallout: New Vegas in the new engine. Probably won't happen but oh well.

Actually i wonder just how much it would take to remake F1 or F2 on modern engine such as Unity or UE. I don't mean in 3D. Using hand-painted 2D naturally.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You CANT do Fallout/Fallout 2/New Vegas in the new engine, because there are NO MORE SKILL Checks. lol

ortucis

Prophet
**Features:**
  • Field of View Tweaker
  • Toggle Mouse Acceleration
  • Toggle Mouse Smoothing Removed due to engine error
  • Toggle Framerate lock
  • Toggle Gamepad Support
  • Toggle the Intro video
  • Tweak the Mouse Sensitivity
  • Tweak Resolution
  • Toggle Windowed Borderless
  • Makes your INI files read-only after editing so they don't revert *Now Toggable*
  • Enable/Disable Developer Console
  • Pipboy color changer
  • VATS color changer (please help with tooltip descriptions!)
  • Kodix's tweaks found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sdyu7/the_old_ini_tweaks_still_work
  • Disable Gore
  • Gamepad sensitivity

Wait wait, this game doesn't even allow you to change mouse sensitivity from game menus?

Anyway, look at the comments. The FOV tweak breaks the game. :)

I want some rape mods though. Waiting for them before I bother with this game. I think the opening moments with your wife will be improved considerably with a drop of rape thrown into her. You get interrupted mid coitus as you notice the Vault-tec guy looking at the rape through the window with a grin..

:terrorist:

Perkel

Arcane
no lockpicking/no hacking yay. Always hate those shitty minigames.

Only Requiem to Skyrim made lockpicking actualy hard minigame which was good.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
You CANT do Fallout/Fallout 2/New Vegas in the new engine, because there are NO MORE SKILL Checks. lol

Sure you can. Re-purpose the perks to represent chunks of skill points, each level of perk would represent 15 skill points. Going off of what was doable in 3/NV/Skyrim with mods, I'm pretty positive it's possible to mod in checks for certain things during dialogue.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected

But, surely the engine is not to different at all than Fallout New Vegas using right ?

They can re-add the features from New Vegas to Fallout 4, but it will takes a long time.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I wonder how long it would take modders to completely remake character system and bring back FNV system, place actual skill checks everywhere and replace random spawns with monster lairs (also more like in FNV), partially getting rid of level scaling too.

Gord

Arcane
How noticeable is level scaling this time, anyway?
Allegedly the map is divided into encounter zones that should make enemies spawn only from a limited level range, or is that Toddspeak, too?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
From what I've seen there isn't too much of it. You can stumble on stuff that's vastly higher than your level at certain fixed areas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom