Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
FO4 was fun enough from a shooting/mechanics perspective but the quests, writing, and locations were bland and forgettable. Never bought any of the DLC and it looks like none of it is worth it, anyway.

RPK

Scholar
Looks great. I really enjoyed playing Fallout 4. I don't understand the extreme criticism.
Indeed. I enjoy the actual shooter. Of course in my mind isn't a Fallout just another "i'm bored, need kill things because i'm only got 30 mns to play today"
lol that sounds about how i played it mostly towards the end

Don't play it.

it's just funny. i ended up doing the silly radiant 'clear out the mutants' and 'setup a settlement' quests once in a while and wondering why long after I grew bored with the rest of the game. I guess it's a testament to the shooter qualities of the game.

Darkman

Educated
Hopefully we get a real nuclear apocalypse to stop this shit from coming out

Nuclear-fallout-101.jpg

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
It still boggles my mind, how fallout only really became popular to the masses after FO3, because it wasn't an RPG anymore.

Met countless of people who never even heard of fO1 and 2.

Jeez louise.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I completed FO4 in 35 hours and I didn't remember a thing afterwards. It was just so bland, boring and forgettable. The only cool things were the armor and weapon customization, almost everything else was total shit. The worst part is that every Bethesda game after Morrowind has been selling more and more one after another and it's more than likely the same shit will continue with TES VI: Skyrim 2. Todd himself said the 4 option dialogue system was shit so I guess that counts for something, but with how amazing the dialogue of Skyrim was I'm not hopeful.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This guy

makes Fallout almost sound playable with the DLC stuff and maybe a few mods.
Might be alright for 20 bucks.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
This guy

makes Fallout almost sound playable with the DLC stuff and maybe a few mods.
Might be alright for 20 bucks.

Noah is a good commentator, and he does often have a lot of points when critiquing games (i.e. how awful and counter-intuitive Outlast 2's story is, how schizophrenic Crysis 2 and 3 were narratively and how they went against what made the first game great, and the at-times tryhard edginess that VTM:B exuded at times), but he does have a way of trying to find the best in everything, which has a side-effect of making mediocre-to-bad games sound much better than they actually are. He managed to convince me to re-try Dragon Age Inquisition with all the DLC, and while overall I don't regret the experience (at least it allows me to explain in-depth all the bad design and story-choices it made), it was still a thoroughly mediocre experience, no matter how much he tried to prop it up with praise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom