Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

pippin

:hearnoevil: is asking for it.

Pirate Bard's Tale 4. Pay for Fallout 4

Infinitron , this swamp-cunt needs to be purged.

Yes, due to this recent infestation, key members of the Codex staff are currently considering the introduction of some kind of "Bethestard" tag. Anybody with Photoshop skills is free to contribute.
I've made two variants:
6151bau.png

cbjdKIo.png

Zetor

Arcane
$60 is the standard AAA release price these days in America. Lots of sites offer preorder discounts, too. GMG almost always has a 20-30% off coupon code. And video games haven't tracked inflation that much. 25 years ago new releases were around $50 or so dollars which, adjusted, is almost certainly more than what they cost today.
Yea, p. much. Videogames are not an expensive hobby nowadays, even if you're into AAA stuff as a third-worlder (compared to the 1980s/early-mid 90s, which was insane -- Betrayal at Krondor retailed for $70, f'rex), unless you're a perpetually broke student or whatever. Compare the cost of buying a game to a night out, or ask your MTG-playing friends how much TOTAL money they spent on their hobby across the years.

Even as a second/third-worlder, the real reason I don't D1P every game I'm remotely interested in is not because they cost $60 or whatever -- it's because if they end up unenjoyable / unfun, they waste my most precious resource (time). The backlog is the enemy.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I really hope Liam Neeson is used as the main characters voice, that would be a much better role for him than being some shitty father figure like F3. Then I could larp as a father in the wasteland, who lost his daughter and will kill everyone to get her back. :smug:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

:yeah: Fallout T4ken!

bloodlover

Arcane
Same in Russia yet nobody cares.
Why the rage anyway, do many brazilians actually earn the minimal wage? If so, where do they get PCs to run modern games?
^ That. Seriously. If you're fucking earning $400/month you got bigger problems than video game prices.

400 bucks is the salary of an average highschool teacher or engineer over here. Hell.. the average salary is below 500 so yeah...

I understand that qqing about prices in a specific industry compared to random incoms from a random country is pointless, but 60 buck for a game is very much. Not to mention you will pay even more when the inevitable DLCs will come next year. If I am not mistaken, New Vegas DLCs were around 10$ each. Now to those 60$ add 40-50 more for DLCs. Yay, a video game that sells for more than 100$ .

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really hope Liam Neeson is used as the main characters voice, that would be a much better role for him than being some shitty father figure like F3. Then I could larp as a father in the wasteland, who lost his daughter and will kill everyone to get her back. :smug:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

:yeah: Fallout T4ken!
Skills have been removed.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Pete Hines: "We could make the best looking game possible, but we dial some of that back in order to allow for all of these other things"

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Geralt of Rivia

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pirate Bard's Tale 4. Pay for Fallout 4

Infinitron , this swamp-cunt needs to be purged.

Yes, due to this recent infestation, key members of the Codex staff are currently considering the introduction of some kind of "Bethestard" tag. Anybody with Photoshop skills is free to contribute.

First one to come to mind, piss-simple yet effective (meaningful):

j4yKuAF.png

v2:

F62FEfs.jpg

(sizes are random, can obviously be adjusted to fit column width)

v3:

ouZaKWZ.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom