Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3: Van Buren (Spoilers!)

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Not necessarily Russians, but, more descriptively, "Slavs".

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Sup bros, I heard you needed armors, so I did like 256 of them:

KFuTqOT.gif

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Nice work guys! I sent the link to MCA on facebook, I'll send it to JE and Fargo too. Also, hexer I'd recommend talking to Kane before he causes a huge PR nightmare. (Seriously Kane, just lay low and shut up for a while.)
Also, if you guys need some additional writing I'd be happy to help out! (I'm looking to improve my writing.)

hexer

Nice work guys! I sent the link to MCA on facebook, I'll send it to JE and Fargo too. Also, hexer I'd recommend talking to Kane before he causes a huge PR nightmare. (Seriously Kane, just lay low and shut up for a while.)
Also, if you guys need some additional writing I'd be happy to help out! (I'm looking to improve my writing.)

Great! MCA already knows about this and is helping us with advice!
I tried to contact Josh via spring.me but haven't received a reply so far.

I'm sending you a PM!

Ninjerk

Arcane
I've been listening to the soundcloud that TBS linked in the shitbox a few nights ago and my GOD I haven't heard music this good for a mod-type project since Neotokyo.

Gronth

Barely Literate
Hi there

I made account here especially for asking more about this project. How is it going? Are you still working on it? Are you planning to release open Alpha/Beta builds?
Because i got very interested, and saw that all post about it are rather old.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We recently finished moving to SourceForge. For the most part, it's now the long haul of technical legwork that I as a writer don't really understand much about. I just chip in ideas and clarify plot points and try to get something done.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Gronth
They still working on it, just not show updates or news here.
Release? Somewhere in next year.

In real Van Burren we trust.

hexer

The only reason updates stopped is that I was the only one making them but at the moment I'm very busy starting my own business (I'm changing my career).

Orzie

Arbiter
Been tracking the project for a long time from other places. Also decided to register here. Thumbs up! Hope your business endeavors will get fruits soon, hexer.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:dead:

Hello mutants!

I have an important announcement to make! You probably noticed our updates stopped. As I was the one making them, here's the reason...

I am temporarily stepping down as the project lead, lead artist, and lead developer. I am starting my own business and must devote my time to it. I presume that I might be out of the picture for 3-6 months, maybe even more.

I intend to come back to the project with money and pay team members. This doesn't mean other developers must stop working on the game but it all depends on their own choice.

At the moment the project doesn't have a team lead. If anyone thinks he has what it takes to lead 70+ developers, he/she is free to contact us.

Stay well bros and sisters!

- Hexer

https://www.facebook.com/f3vanburen...0.1073741827.173566052854264/309259425951592/

And just in time for Fargo's Van Buren trademark, too...
:troll:

Orzie

Arbiter
Well, there was no doubt that this will happen when Hexer mentioned a business he's starting. You can't have the cake and the money for it.

Fortunately, there are a few other Fallout projects which are to be released very soon (Olympus: 2207 and Fallout: Nevada being in final testing now with Fallout 1.5: Resurrection being translated to English) which can help us to wait for the bigger daddy.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well it's actually not that he's making the game into a real product or the like if everything goes as planned. Van Buren project is never going to make a dime off a donation or any kind of thing sold, it's a free fan project through and through. All he wants to do is pay for the crew anyway and otherwise put real money into making the project happen with the best assets we can get (ie, paying for voice actors, artists and whatnot instead of everyone doing freebies).

Norfleet

You're in here, too, Vaarna? Your very own vaporware project? What you up to, Vaarna?

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
And one more time I ask myself- is being modder predesposition for being batshit insane or it goes other way around?
Van Buren project is never going to make a dime off a donation or any kind of thing sold, it's a free fan project through and through.
Last time he wanted to make donations, crowdfunding and god know what more, so there is some progress.
All he wants to do is pay for the crew
You know it's still illegal in most countries (for example KWA)?. You can't make moneys on somebody's owned IP. Whaterver he'll do it or not, writing about it around internets is plain stupid.
put real money into making the project happen with the best assets we can get (ie, paying for voice actors, artists and whatnot instead of everyone doing freebies).
FFS.
Can't you just made this mod, without wasting time and resources on unimportant stuff? This game will good enough with assets from f2, without voice actors, etc. All you need to do is not fuck up mechanic and writing. You won't get enough moneys to make it on pro level (my estimation is that for character's portraits it will be 7-10k $), and you can have it already on half-assed level for free, so ffs pay for it?
inb4 "this is biggest Fallout game, not mod" - in this point it's chaos and madness, not even mod lol.

Norfleet

And one more time I ask myself- is being modder predesposition for being batshit insane or it goes other way around?
As a modder, I can tell you that batshit insanity is a prerequisite for the job. Sanity would be adapting yourself to fit your environment. Insanity is adapting the environment to fit you. Therefore, all progress depends on insanity.

naossano

Cipher
As much as i want to help your guys, i am far too afraid of being spoiled.
Van Buren is currently the game i am currently looking forward the most. I know i would probably be disapointed, but i expect it to blow my mind.
It wouldn't happen if i know almost everything beforehand.
Beside that, my modding skills are under 50/300.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Sheeeeeeet

I really want this damn game.

It's time for @DarkUnderlod to take the lead and bring all his skills and experience from the mod game that never was.

abraham_mockup1.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

You're in here, too, Vaarna? Your very own vaporware project? What you up to, Vaarna?
I'm just a sort of a writer here, nothing more than that. And besides that, I still rep, doff, campaign, shitpost on the Codex, and try to deal with my mental issues.

Van Buren project is never going to make a dime off a donation or any kind of thing sold, it's a free fan project through and through.
Last time he wanted to make donations, crowdfunding and god know what more, so there is some progress.
All he wants to do is pay for the crew
You know it's still illegal in most countries (for example KWA)?. You can't make moneys on somebody's owned IP. Whaterver he'll do it or not, writing about it around internets is plain stupid.
put real money into making the project happen with the best assets we can get (ie, paying for voice actors, artists and whatnot instead of everyone doing freebies).
FFS.
Can't you just made this mod, without wasting time and resources on unimportant stuff? This game will good enough with assets from f2, without voice actors, etc. All you need to do is not fuck up mechanic and writing. You won't get enough moneys to make it on pro level (my estimation is that for character's portraits it will be 7-10k $), and you can have it already on half-assed level for free, so ffs pay for it?
inb4 "this is biggest Fallout game, not mod" - in this point it's chaos and madness, not even mod lol.
Hexer's business is completely unrelated to Van Buren, just to point out again. He's just planning on putting the money from there into the mod (and lemme tell you, getting good artists that work completely for free is quite a thing, and at least one of our planned music guys also wanted to be paid). I've been probably the most vocal opponent to any sort of money being involved on the team, just to be on the safest possible spot on the creaky fence. Personally I guess I'd find the notion of getting paid for writing to be more beneficial in the self-esteem and dealing with depression sense than any monetary necessity; but as mentioned I know a lot of talented people want to make ends meet if they are to devote a sizable portion of their time for working on a non-profit fan project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom