Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 is overbashed here

SquidLord

Educated
"It's fun with friends" is probably the laziest excuse to defend a game or any kind of entertainment. Everything's fun with friends because you're hanging out with your friends, and that's it. It has nothing to do with a game being good or not.

It's fun with friends is a bit of an over simplification.
I enjoy it more then other coop shooters that I could be playing with my friends because:
It has a good loot system with a lot of variations on fire patterns and damage types.
I think it has good art design and okay level design.
The classes are different and fun to play.

Some Cons:
It would be nice if the difficulty wasn't based on how many times you played the game.
I liked the humor at first but it gets tiring if you play it a lot.
The DLC model is grotesque.

TLDR: Fallout 4 is nothing like BL because Borderlands is supposed to be a coop shooter so it's fun with friends. (Unless your Metro because his friends are shit.)

SquidLord

Educated
Oh oh no! Sorry that's totally my bad bro, here let me fix that for you.

In my SUBJECTIVE opinion it is mostly only you who's SUBJECTIVE opinion is wrong.
I'm sorry that being wrong so much had rendered your butt to the point where there is only hurt.

Grow up kid. Everyone knows that it's subjective so pointing it out is unnecessary, stupid, and does nothing to invalidate that other people are wrong when they disagree with me.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
"It's fun with friends" is probably the laziest excuse to defend a game or any kind of entertainment. Everything's fun with friends because you're hanging out with your friends, and that's it. It has nothing to do with a game being good or not.
Cannot fist this enough. Tired of hearing that stupid cliche excuse.
TLDR: Fallout 4 is nothing like BL because Borderlands is supposed to be a coop shooter so it's fun with friends. (Unless your Metro because his friends are shit.)
Trying way too hard, buddy. There isn't enough synergy in the Borderlands classes/characters to make multiplayer that entertaining short of what pippin mentioned. You're hanging out with your friends so you're having fun. Has little to do with the 'positive coop qualities' of the game. Mechanically speaking, Borderlands is little different than Fallout 4 aside from having shallower maps.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
huh i just realised something, fallout 3 did something interesting with the plot:

One of the main themes of fallout is science without ethics, and in fallout 1 and 2 it paints a pretty bleak picture of what life would look like if science had no ethics to follow. But in Fallout 3, while it does have FEV it also shows off Project Purity as an example of what good can come without ethics. I just thought it was an interesting twist.

Parabalus

Arcane
I'd say most of the hate stems from blatant false advertising (and legacy defilement) - Beth keeps peddling it's games as hardcore RPGs when everything after Morrowind has successively much more in common with GTA than RPGs, ie. mindless "fun" .

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I'd say they consider themselves RPGs (which are poorly defined so you can't say they're wrong) but they've never referred to them as hardcore rpgs in recent years. At this point it's fair to say they know what they're making.

xkilljoy98

Oh oh no! Sorry that's totally my bad bro, here let me fix that for you.

In my SUBJECTIVE opinion it is mostly only you who's SUBJECTIVE opinion is wrong.
I'm sorry that being wrong so much had rendered your butt to the point where there is only hurt.

Grow up kid. Everyone knows that it's subjective so pointing it out is unnecessary, stupid, and does nothing to invalidate that other people are wrong when they disagree with me.

(Do not reply to this I will not respond)

I only say that because people on the Internet tend to argue if I don't say (IMO), it helps avoid arguments.

Can't you just leave me alone?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Cadmus

Arcane
gorram, I missed another one of Killjoy's gems.
BL is a piece of shit boring loot machine. The Diablos are perfectly playable in SP while the BLs are a complete waste of time if you don't have your friends around making fun of the game along with you. I submit that everyone who thinks that Diablo 1 and 2 are only MP games where you're supposed to farm should be locked in a gas chamber. These fucking people are the reason why the ph4t l3wt meme even exists.

Dux

Arcane
My verdict? Fallout 3 tires me. It tires me to tears. I don't even know what that means but it can't be good.

One fond memory I have, however, of that game is travelling across the Capital Wasteland with my Fallout dad. It was crazy. I think at one time he started fighting mutants and yao guai with like a tire iron or some shit. :lol:

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I have completed the game once after it was just released and picked it up again in order to play and finish the DLCs.
But in the last couple of years, every time I consider playing the game again and reinstall it I find myself rediscovering after an hour of gameplay of why I stopped playing the game in the first place.
The stupid thing is so goddamn boring, they should include energy boosting drugs or something in the package in order to keep the player awake.

I hate crawling through all these stupid little dungeo... I mean metro tunnels, vaults, and abandoned shacks just to pick up random loose crap. And Fallout 4 is basically this done a hundred times more.

Mustawd

When the revolution comes the first person to be thrown into a reeducation center will be T. Howard and his ilk.

All codexers posting positive things about FO3 as an rpg will be rounded up for interrogation.

Isometric is best metric.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I would brofist your post, but you admit to actually completing Fallout 3.

I had to, I actually spend good money on this. Money I couldn't get back until years later when I sold my copy of the Collector's Edition. (yeah I was stupid at the time for actually buying that thing with the ugly little bonus statue)

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I would brofist your post, but you admit to actually completing Fallout 3.

I had to, I actually spend good money on this. Money I couldn't get back until years later when I sold my copy of the Collector's Edition. (yeah I was stupid at the time for actually buying that thing with the ugly little bonus statue)

I wasted $50 on Fallout 3 and abandoned it after a couple of hours. It was too obvious that the pain would go on forever, and I'm not a masochist.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I wasted $50 on Fallout 3 and abandoned it after a couple of hours. It was too obvious that the pain would go on forever, and I'm not a masochist.

Unfortunately I had no other new game at the time to play on my new PC (I can't stand fantasy so I couldn't switch to such a RPG and I don't recall there being any new sci fi themed FPS games being out)

The stupid thing was also quite unstable. I remember shooting a super mutant in some broken building, the moment he dies he flies away deeper into the ruins.
Then there were the bouncing enemies that kept stretching out and until launching themselves into the air.
Or just walking past a cupboard could make everything on the shelves shoot away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom