Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 3 is a good game

Hassknecht

Learned
Well there is one true thing in all that, Bethesda will never make another game of the same scale with the same quality of content.
It's truly sad when Fallout 3 marks the high point of Bethesda.
Although the decline in quality obviously started after Daggerfall already.
Corrected.
I wanted to say that as well, but Morrowind is still a masterpiece, especially compared to Oblivion and all the turds they produced since then. Daggerfall was ambitious and all, but Morrowind was the high point of the series.

Cael

Arcane
Well there is one true thing in all that, Bethesda will never make another game of the same scale with the same quality of content.
Although the decline in quality obviously started after Morrowind already.
The decline in quality started after Daggerfall.
For some reason, I never got into Daggerfall. I did play Morrowind and made a couple of mods for it and installed a number more, but Daggerfall never grabbed me the was Arena and Morrowind did. Then again, I was probably at that period in school where smacking a shuttlecock was far more interesting than a computer game when Daggerfall came out...

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
For some reason, I never got into Daggerfall. I did play Morrowind and made a couple of mods for it and installed a number more, but Daggerfall never grabbed me the was Arena and Morrowind did. Then again, I was probably at that period in school where smacking a shuttlecock was far more interesting than a computer game when Daggerfall came out...
Can always try it out now, in preparation for Daggerfall Unity, which will have mod support.
The secret is to sell all your loot you don't need immediately, have one good weapon skill you can rely on, something better than an iron dagger incase you run into something that's immune to regular weapons and eventually buy a wagon, as fast as you can, then you loot hoard and sell of your treasures after a while. You'll be rich in no time.

Of course, daggerfall is different from morrowind and oblivion and others in that it's almost a life-sim rpg where you could spend years in game not doing the main quest.

Cael

Arcane
Can always try it out now, in preparation for Daggerfall Unity, which will have mod support.
I have a stack of other games to go through, and not a hell of a lot of time, unfortunately. Even though I am on the computer a lot, playing a game is not possible, if you get my drift.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I have a stack of other games to go through, and not a hell of a lot of time, unfortunately. Even though I am on the computer a lot, playing a game is not possible, if you get my drift.
Nonsense, get a second monitor and play games while you work. Not like you need to game fast.
Oh, if you have free time inbetween work and sleep, it's also possible to install and play daggerfall and morrowind on your phone, if it's an android of course.

Cael

Arcane
Nonsense, get a second monitor and play games while you work. Not like you need to game fast.
Oh, if you have free time inbetween work and sleep, it's also possible to install and play daggerfall and morrowind on your phone, if it's an android of course.
Kinda hard to type a report when you are playing Daggerfall, mate :D

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Kinda hard to type a report when you are playing Daggerfall, mate :D
Cause you got it the other way around, it's kind of hard to play Daggerfall when you're typing the report. Just need to manage the percentage of work between the report and daggerfall right. Probably around 80-20%. The android thing is more for when you're in traffic, or the missus drags you to some boring event, or when you're in the bathroom, all that jazz.

Cael

Arcane
Cause you got it the other way around, it's kind of hard to play Daggerfall when you're typing the report. Just need to manage the percentage of work between the report and daggerfall right. Probably around 80-20%. The android thing is more for when you're in traffic, or the missus drags you to some boring event, or when you're in the bathroom, all that jazz.
:lol::lol::lol:

Nah. I am not that hardcore a player :D

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
:lol::lol::lol:

Nah. I am not that hardcore a player :D
A pity. There's so much time you're not using effectively for gaming. Like bathroom time.

Epsilon

Cipher
Whatever he had to say in that video is invalidated by his opinion at 1 minute 40 seconds, when he proclaims Fallout 3 to be the best in the series.

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
Not sure if serious.

iseewhatyoudid.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom