Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Fallout 2 is a theme park

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Fallout 2: No one from the village can be killed at any point IIRC.
Oh, i didn't knew that even though i played the game many times.

Morrowind: I believe you can slaughter everyone and still use Keening/Sunder without Wraithguard.
You're definetly wrong on this one though. I'm playing this game atm and you will get a messages that says you severed the threads of fate(failed the main quest) if you kill any important plot related npcs before you're done with them.

Zeriel

Arcane

Morrowind: I believe you can slaughter everyone and still use Keening/Sunder without Wraithguard.
You're definetly wrong on this one though. I'm playing this game atm and you will get a messages that says you severed the threads of fate(failed the main quest) if you kill any important plot related npcs before you're done with them.

It'll say that, but there is still one very specific way to beat the game regardless. As I recall there is still one or two NPCs that have to live (that dwarf, for example).

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

This is simply not true. Even with the message you can still end the game.

DragoFireheart

It'll say that, but there is still one very specific way to beat the game regardless. As I recall there is still one or two NPCs that have to live (that dwarf, for example).

IIRC you can ignore the dwarf entirely. You do not need wraithguard.

EDIT: Yup. Guy in the speed run did it.

Lhynn

Arcane
"New vegas is shit because its not PnP."

This is what this convo feels like.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

That is an outrageous misinformed lie. :rpgcodex:

You can even kill that guy in the first screen before going into the temple and essentially bypass it altogether. You can't get the Pipboy like this, though, and I don't know how feasible it is to play the game without it.
But you can definitely kill people in Arroyo.

DragoFireheart

That is an outrageous misinformed lie. :rpgcodex:

You can even kill that guy in the first screen before going into the temple and essentially bypass it altogether. You can't get the Pipboy like this, though, and I don't know how feasible it is to play the game without it.
But you can definitely kill people in Arroyo.

What. If you even attack anyone in Arroyo you get a game over soon after.

Borelli

Arcane
Arcanum: If you kill everyone doesn't that prevent you from crossing the mountains?
You can use the teleport spell to bypass the mountain pass. Don't know about the rest of the game but you can kill alot in Arcanum and still progress in the main quest.

DragoFireheart

Arcanum: If you kill everyone doesn't that prevent you from crossing the mountains?
You can use the teleport spell to bypass the mountain pass. Don't know about the rest of the game but you can kill alot in Arcanum and still progress in the main quest.

But you need to visit a place to teleport to it, right?

FeelTheRads

Arcane

OK, it seems it is game over when you leave Arroyo according to google. I either didn't leave or I wasn't actually able to kill everybody and leave as I only tried it at the beginning starting with that dude I previously mentioned.

Borelli

Arcane

You just need to have it on the map. It's been a while since i last played it but i remember when receiving "go meet the elves" quest 2 new locations opened up on the map, the elf city and the mountain pass. I could immediately teleport to the elf city(skipping the mountain pass made me feel sooooo smart).

DragoFireheart

You just need to have it on the map. It's been a while since i last played it but i remember when receiving "go meet the elves" quest 2 new locations opened up on the map, the elf city and the mountain pass. I could immediately teleport to the elf city(skipping the mountain pass made me feel sooooo smart).

But if I kill the people that would give such a quest...

Borelli

Arcane
Can't you kill people after they give you the location of the elf city?:P

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I did a playthrough of Arcanum where I killed everybody. You can get most critical plot locations from people's ghosts (or their diaries in a few cases), and you can get yourself banished to the void by attacking either Nasrudin or the head of the panarii temple in Caladon.

Wasn't it possible to manually find the gap in the mountain range?

And yeah, the "fatal wound" caused by kagrenac's tools is just a big damage effect, you're safe if you can take it.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Wraithguard

You can beat the game without Wraithguard—it is just more difficult, since you will lose health continuously (50-125 damage/sec with 0% Resist Magicka) while using Keening or Sunder.

OK, it seems it is game over when you leave Arroyo according to google. I either didn't leave or I wasn't actually able to kill everybody and leave as I only tried it at the beginning starting with that dude I previously mentioned.

It has to be that way, because the Enclave needs to storm the place later on.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom