Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1 patches

agris

Arcane
Patron
I really like what Suidbek did this mod. I've played it, but I don't recommend it at all for a first play. The Purist install option really isn't that. It contains A LOT of changes from the original. Tag Energy weapons, Stealth and Big Guns (just for the hell of it) and this is what you could get at the start of the game on Normal difficulty.
PuHKR18.png

Mod seriously needs a better option for fixes only and not :balance:

That is fucked. Seriously Sduibek? Also, what's up with that new merchant in Shady Sands? That's not optional?

sgm

Educated
I think he's the Barterman cut from the game.

Would be nice if the restored content and other additions were completely optional. I've tried different ways of installing the mod, but there doesn't seem to be a way to disable some things that were never included in the original. For instance, the Skilled Trait now gives bonuses from both Fallout and Fallout 2, even if you install the Purist option. It even tells you that in the new in-game descriptions. What's funny is that the Custom install allows you to revert to the original game description that never mentioned any bonuses other than to your starting skills and you still get 5 extra Skill Points at each level up, just like in Fallout 2.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I realized Fallout is approaching on my chronological play list, and it made me wonder...Are there any particular books or movies the designers have specified as definite influences on the game?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I realized Fallout is approaching on my chronological play list, and it made me wonder...Are there any particular books or movies the designers have specified as definite influences on the game?

Plenty. Watch the video and he'll talk about a lot of them. Or just watch from minute 5 to minute 12 and he'll talk about videogames, books and movies.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So Mentats...they only give a temporary boost, right? And then the character gets addicted to them?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So Mentats...they only give a temporary boost, right? And then the character gets addicted to them?
No, they give a temp boost and your character has a chance to get addicted to them. IIRC, you get the 'addicted' message immediately after using them if you failed the check. It takes 2 weeks in game time to undo the addiction i think.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
As I wrote I don't use FIXT, I'll go with the TeamX patches and sfall instead..

Yes, using the TeamX patched instead of Fixt is closer to the vanilla experience, and in my experience so far less buggy.

I downloaded 1.2 english and 1.3 english (is 1.3.5 really) from their russian website and unpacked both in the game folder.
It might also be a good idea to install their NPC and Dogmeat patches (NPC patch plus fix) but I didn't know about that before starting a new game and now it's too late for it.

Do you know what the NPC Mod fix does? It's just one file: dog2.int.

And if you can't live without town invasions there's the Fallout Restoration Project on the site I just linked for stuff like that.
I don't care about that though.

I think the FRP is included in Fixt, and is what messes things up.

Then I added the Fallout 1 child patch to get the annoying brats back.

Already included in the TeamX 1.2 patch.

Last and most important thing for convenience is installing Timeslip's Engine Tweaks in the 1.18e version.
Seems like this is an early version of Sfall. Sadly the newest Sfall isn't compatible to Fallout 1 so it has to be the one I linked to.

The sfall version here (sfall1.7z) might work too but for me it doesn't, it just complains that it can't find Win95 or some shit like that and quits again.
The one I linked to above includes an sfall.dll file and for that to work you have to hex edit falloutw.exe like pointed out in the readme. I didn't change anything in the ddraw.ini file, the High Res Patch seems to be the thing that decides graphic settings.

Yes, sfall or Engine Tweaks is not needed if you have the High Res Patch installed.

I went with these mods, in order of installing.

Team X 1.2
Team X 1.2.1
Team X 1.3.5
Fallout NPC Mod
Fallout High Resolution Patch 4.1.8. For some reason I didn't download the GOG versions (in which the patch is included) when they were free, but I have an old Fallout Collection CD.

Has worked very well so far, and I've completed Junktown with only one minor bug.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Sorry to necro this, but someone asked for help on patches on another forum, and after doing some research I thought I'd share it here:

Team X 1.2
Team X 1.2.1
Team X 1.3.5
Fallout NPC Mod
Fallout High Resolution Patch 4.1.8

From what I've read, apparently you are not mean to use 1.2.1 alongside 1.2.

Team X Dev said:
If it really is 1.2 US, install 1.2 patch anyway — there are some minor bugfixes — and then install 1.3.x.

If it is non-US version — install 1.2.1 (it is still release-candidate and was uploaded for testing purposes only) and then 1.3.x.

However, a couple of posts later he posted:

Team X Dev said:
1.2.1 is intended for unify all the releases, to make them fully compatible with 1.3.5. US releases are compatible, so if you own one, you don't need to experiment and install 1.2.1.

So what is it? :? "It is not necessary to install it" is not the same as "you must not install it". From what I gather, 1.2.1 (being a Release Candidate) is not as fully tested as 1.2, so that's why he recommends US players to use 1.2 instead of 1.2.1.

Oh, and I'm stealing your idea for a Cleve build. I'm gonna make him on Arcanum though, suggestions welcomed.

Last edited:

pippin

Is there anything that fixes the broken Followers ending?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Sorry to necro this, but someone asked for help on patches on another forum, and after doing some research I thought I'd share it here:

Team X 1.2
Team X 1.2.1
Team X 1.3.5
Fallout NPC Mod
Fallout High Resolution Patch 4.1.8

From what I've read, apparently you are not mean to use 1.2.1 alongside 1.2.

Team X Dev said:
If it really is 1.2 US, install 1.2 patch anyway — there are some minor bugfixes — and then install 1.3.x.

If it is non-US version — install 1.2.1 (it is still release-candidate and was uploaded for testing purposes only) and then 1.3.x.

However, a couple of posts later he posted:

Team X Dev said:
1.2.1 is intended for unify all the releases, to make them fully compatible with 1.3.5. US releases are compatible, so if you own one, you don't need to experiment and install 1.2.1.

So what is it? :? "It is not necessary to install it" is not the same as "you must not install it". From what I gather, 1.2.1 (being a Release Candidate) is not as fully tested as 1.2, so that's why he recommends US players to use 1.2 instead of 1.2.1.

Hmm...I'm pretty sure I researched this thouroughly before installing.
Anyway, I can't remember any problems during my playthrough.

And fuck you, rot in hell and die. fixit

Ruined a entire quest line, and made it impossible to join the Brotherhood of Steel, fucking dick munch. Not that I can't restart, it's just ugh. FUCK, don't use that patch. Cabbot now stuck in dick up ass mode

agris

Arcane
Patron
The definitive Fallout 1 Patch Guide.

First, install Fallout 1. No need to add any patches or fixes other than the ones below - 1.2.1 adds in children if they're missing from your game, and includes all the stuff from the official patches.

fallout 1 patches.txt said:
Team X 1.2.1 EN RC-1
Team X 1.3.5
[optional] NPC Mod for v1.3.5
[optional] No armor-changing for NPC mod
[optional] Wasteland Ghost RP mod (FO1RPv10b1), includes Invasion Mod plus more content. Cannot be installed with Wasteland Ghost's Invasion mod.
[optional] Wasteland Ghost invasion mod (FO1RMp1v10b2), doesn't contain part 2 in above's readme. Cannot be installed with Wasteland's RP mod.
Fallout High Resolution Patch 4.1.8.
sfall1_v1.7.20 -> no longer requires any CRC input, has some good QoL options like show weight, take all button, "friendly fire" perk enabled by default (a FO2 feature). Lots of good stuff.

You can download all of the above in a single zip, here.

Last edited:

JohnJohnJohn

Novice
sfall1_v1.7.6_unofficial_by Crafty -> requires modifying ddraw.ini line ExtraCRC=0xf[7-DIGIT CRC32 of Falloutw.exe] when using the hi resolution patch and/or RP mod

Sorry for being retarded, but how do I find the 7-digit crc32? When I check the exe crc32 I get 8 digits. If I remove the first/last digit the game still crashes.

agris

Arcane
Patron
sfall1_v1.7.6_unofficial_by Crafty -> requires modifying ddraw.ini line ExtraCRC=0xf[7-DIGIT CRC32 of Falloutw.exe] when using the hi resolution patch and/or RP mod

Sorry for being retarded, but how do I find the 7-digit crc32? When I check the exe crc32 I get 8 digits. If I remove the first/last digit the game still crashes.
I didn't write myself good enough notes for this, but use this updated version 1.7.20 of sfall1 which has more QoL features and automatically hooks into the .exe without the need for inputting CRCs.

I've also updated the post you quoted with a new version of the files that includes 1.7.20 and modified the instructions to remove the CRC step.

JohnJohnJohn

Novice
I didn't write myself good enough notes for this, but use this updated version 1.7.20 of sfall1 which has more QoL features and automatically hooks into the .exe without the need for inputting CRCs.

I've also updated the post you quoted with a new version of the files that includes 1.7.20 and modified the instructions to remove the CRC step.

Cheers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom