Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout 1.5: Resurrection mod for Fallout 2 released in English

sgm

Educated
So what are the new weapons? So far I found sniper rifle remade into a pistol (small gun), plasma cannon, anti-materiel rifle (heavy gun :(), a unique minigun, 2 grenade launchers, SAW machinegun and some other junk.
I like the loner perk, the one that gives you +10% skills if you're travelling by yourself but I dislike the idea of the perk that gives you 10k caps out of thin air.
You can pay to have a combat shotgun mod in Sedit that makes it more powerful, but removes the burst option and there's a Kriss Vector SMG you can buy in Albuquerque. It uses 14mm AP. Either Chuck or the Imperials sell it. I can't remember which, maybe both. There are also two unique energy weapons in the last base, but you need to kill enemies to get them. One is a plasma minigun and the other is a plasma rifle that's better than the old turbo model.

Black

Arcane
That's nice, tho I'm having problem with trading since most merchants have ~1k in caps. Selling expensive weapons is a pain.
Also seems like there are no good packmule companions, fuck my life.

sgm

Educated
Buy and sell drugs. You'll lose on the exchange, but there's too much loot to carry around and not enough caps. Besides, selling off excess Buffout and Psycho to Imperials is pretty funny anyway.

Black

Arcane
I do that but trading in small amounts gets me to the operations more slower. Oh well.
Anyway, modded the combat shotgun, the thing is nice since I almost always go for aimed shots anyway so no burst isn't a big deal. I want to try the Browing rifle too, apparently the ammo's properties got changed. And not long after I reworked my combat shotgun I found a .233 pistol. They seem to be much more rare in this than in FO2. In fact, found only 1 so far.
It's missing the FO1 sound tho :(

Special encounters I've found so far
MacGyver, no idea what he can do
Stargate, no idea either, a bunch of people armed with stuff like P90s

Last edited:

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
How much mileage are you expected to get from those end game weapons? Seriously I am at mutant camp, close to level 18 and still rocking that sniper pistol. By rocking I mean by God can I get some upgrade soon?

It is just so very tedious.

sgm

Educated
How much mileage are you expected to get from those end game weapons? Seriously I am at mutant camp, close to level 18 and still rocking that sniper pistol. By rocking I mean by God can I get some upgrade soon?

You won't find anything better for Small Guns than the "sawed-off" Sniper Rifle.
The Kriss Vector might be better at close range, but I never used it at that point. I mostly bought it for my companion.
You'll either have to get the Sniper Perk and have high Luck stat + hope for critical shots, or go for Energy Weapons. Just like original Fallout.

Black

Arcane
Now that anti-materiel rifle is in heavy guns in might be worth for going for that. Finally some good single target heavy weapon that doesn't devour ammo.
I'm assuming it's good, I haven't used it but have seen it being used.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

You won't find anything better for Small Guns than the "sawed-off" Sniper Rifle.
The Kriss Vector might be better at close range, but I never used it at that point. I mostly bought it for my companion.
You'll either have to get the Sniper Perk and have high Luck stat + hope for critical shots, or go for Energy Weapons. Just like original Fallout.
There's a Gauss Rifle in the final base, you get it via a quest on the 3rd floor. Don't actually know how good the sniper pistol is, but it was a decent upgrade to my .223. Only ~20 bullets though, made to use on the final boss only I think.

sgm

Educated

There's a Gauss Rifle in the final base, you get it via a quest on the 3rd floor. Don't actually know how good the sniper pistol is, but it was a decent upgrade to my .223. Only ~20 bullets though, made to use on the final boss only I think.
Yeah, I forgot about that. I gave it to Keri to use along with the the Kriss SMG. Sucks that it comes with so few rounds of ammo. Love that SFX.

.223 should be better than the sniper rifle/pistol. AFAIK its unchanged from vanilla in that the .223 has inherent armor penetration while the sniper doesn't. Base damage for the .223 is 20-30 (average 25) while the base damage for the sniper is 14-34 (average 24). But Combat/Power armor with 8/12 DT only has 2/3 DT vs. the .223, changing the average damage to 16/12 vs. 23/22 before factoring DR. Of course a crit that ignores armor makes it pretty even again, but the .223 should still be slightly ahead.

However, if you have better crits and are going for armor ignoring crits anyway (all eye crits ignore armor with better criticals), I'd say the best small guns pick pre-gauss is the .44 magnum. With JHP you are looking at an average 30 base damage per hit and if you score aforementioned armor ignoring crit the worse AP modifiers become irrelevant. Also its lower AP cost means you can potentially fire 3 aimed shots a turn with better RoF and 2x Action boy, or at worse have some extra AP to spend elsewhere.

Of course, this is assuming you can hit 95% headshots with all weapons, if not then the sniper is probably best due to higher accuracy. And I haven't stumbled across any unique small guns that may exist yet. EDIT: Did find the Kriss SMG but it seemed kind of meh and absurdly expensive.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Found out that unlike in FO1 and 2 you can save up your perks and use them once the good stuff starts appearing.
Couple of issues tho: what are the requirements for Bonus Rate of Fire and Sniper now? And how the fuck did I lose 1 luck over the course of the game?:negative: This fucks me!:argh:

eXalted

Arcane
Well, actually...
The "wanamingo" aliens play a fairly large role in this mod and they are explained in a way that is consistent with Fallout 2 and the fallout bibles.
Wait wut? I've never stumbled on any references about them. Did I miss something?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, actually...
The "wanamingo" aliens play a fairly large role in this mod and they are explained in a way that is consistent with Fallout 2 and the fallout bibles.
Wait wut? I've never stumbled on any references about them. Did I miss something?
It is in a computer
on vault 16 3rd floor where the hunters are. There is a room on the top left with scientists, and captured wanamingo in the force field. There are many terminals, but i think one of thrm contain the information. You need science skill but i dunno how much you need

Found out that unlike in FO1 and 2 you can save up your perks and use them once the good stuff starts appearing.

Yeah, it's quite powerful
Couple of issues tho: what are the requirements for Bonus Rate of Fire and Sniper now? And how the fuck did I lose 1 luck over the course of the game?:negative: This fucks me!:argh:

I think stat requirements are the same but level requirements are reduced from FO2 since there's a lot less XP overall.

Talking to the tribal leader in Albuquerque can raise or lower your luck depending on your karma (high = raise).

Rake

Arcane
Well, actually...
It is in a computer
on vault 16 3rd floor where the hunters are. There is a room on the top left with scientists, and captured wanamingo in the force field. There are many terminals, but i think one of thrm contain the information. You need science skill but i dunno how much you need
Also in the PROGEMA base

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And the scientist who created them in the final area.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Fallout 1.5: Resurrection; Fallout 2

The Fallout series has always been very popular in Eastern Europe, and over the years numerous mods for the classic Fallout titles have been developed there, including full-scale standalone games such as Olympus 2207 and Fallout: Nevada.

Wonder if anyone at Iron Tower ever fantasizes about making a mod like this.

Vault Dweller

On that subject, Codex shouldn't have torpedoed paid mods. It occurs to me that indie RPG companies would be able to make more 'unofficial' content like this at a professional standard if they were making money doing it.

We could have had a Codex fundraiser to get Avellone to make a mod version of Fallout Van Buren. :M

Or Kotor IIi. Or whatever.

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
That Tribal leader get me +1 luck with Karma of 200+ (still Wanderer).

I suspect an opportunistic money-first mercenary can get to 200- Karma without trying and stumble upon him for a bit of pain.

Note: there's a relative cheap unique laser pistol in Corath or Sedit i forget which, that you can buy pre-Alb. It's on a shop somewhere.

Black

Arcane
I think it's Corath but it's pretty shit. Base 6ap attack.
I think if you're desperate for early energy weapon you just might want to go to the imperial city in ABQQ or
do the first couple of quests for Anonym which will give you light plasma rifle
or
if you have enough science and repair there's a unique energy pistol in PROGEMA but it's a one time chance to get it

Black

Arcane
It's great that they gave Melcar his own cameo.
RiAMRuQ.png

VvqwcYy.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom