Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout 1.5: Resurrection mod for Fallout 2 released in English

Snufkin

Augur
To those who completed the mod - what was lvl you finished game? Is it worth to plan pumping luck for Sniper?

epeli

Arcane
To those who completed the mod - what was lvl you finished game? Is it worth to plan pumping luck for Sniper?

17-21 so far. However, sniper/slayer are available at level 18 (as in Fallout 1) instead of 24 (Fo2) so at most you can get some use out of them in the final areas, should you choose to fight your way through them.

The mod also has all Fallout 2 perks and a handful of custom ones. Perk requirements seem to be a mix of Fo1/Fo2.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
anybody know where cole is? (the guy from imperial city that ask you for a pliers, then run away if certain condition are met) i searched high and low inside the empire and albuquerqe and i cannot find him.

anyway is official codex review being made? this mod is so good it deserve a proper publication.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
anybody know where cole is? (the guy from imperial city that ask you for a pliers, then run away if certain condition are met) i searched high and low inside the empire and albuquerqe and i cannot find him.

He ambushes you in the alley outside his apartment, but only at nighttime. I needed a spoiler for that too; it didn't occur to me that he'd be impossible to find during daytime.

Tolias

Educated
Loving this, great way to scratch the never quite scratch-able Fallout itch.

Does anyone have more solutions other kill everything in Asmodeus cave?

I know if you wear the purple robe you can talk to the big floater. I only get two options though, and both lead to him attacking. Is there a speech or charisma check? ( I had around 98 speech, 4 charisma).

Also, can you do anything with all of the computers? I tried science on all of them, about 5 times on each, with up to 60 science (saved points), but got nothing.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
English isn't my first language, so I can't say anything about the grammar, but I played through it and liked it. It uses the same mechanics as the old Fallouts and shows, that they still are fun and challenging. It also combined the mood of Fallout 1 with the worldbuilding of Fallout 2, which means it tells us how crappy the world, while it adds a lot of details to the setting.

I liked the idea of the story and the world, but some details bug me:

- The mainantagonist, called Savior, is an human, who leads a group of ghouls. They believe that he will turn them human again, with the help of a machine. So far so good, but he also told them, that he himself was a ghoul once and turned human again throughthis machine. The same machine, which turns ghouls into humans only for a short time, until they die painful. The ghouls have witnessed this and that the lower grunts don't question this is understandable, but the Savior has build a larger organisation around this idea, so why did not one of his more closer advisor question this at least once? Even the friend of the protagonist only found out, that the machine doesn't really work. Still, it was nice to play a story that focused more on ghouls.

- The ending assumes that I go into the desert and commit suicide, because I was one of the changed ghouls and I may die soon. I found this contradictory to the words I used to drive the Savior into suicide. Fallout 1 and 2 solved it better and kept the further life of my characters more open. It would have been enough if they had said "and then you went into the desert, for reasons only you know". It contradicts with the feeling of hope you could always find even in Fallout 1.

- This isn't a big spoiler, but it is kind of funny how militaristic culture later on in the game is portrayed as the big good of the setting. It contradicts a bit with the anti-war-theme of previous games, where the military were more often the source of all evil in the world and not the ones that bring civilisation back into the world. This is the part of the game were it became clear, that this is more of an fanproject with fan-preferred perfect societies . Still, it gave Resurrection a voice of it's own and differentiates it from the other games.

- The mod also seems to have a few issues with women. I wouldn't write this otherwise, but I never played a game or mod before, where I could insult as nasty and cruel as in Resurrection. My character has issues. Besides that, most women are either nagging, backstabbing, treacherous or sexworkers. Ironically my two companions were women and quite sympathetic, so there is also that.

But all in all, it was the most fun experience I had in months and I would still recommend playing it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
most women are either nagging, backstabbing, treacherous or sexworkers. Ironically my two companions were women and quite sympathetic, so there is also that.
lystra? keri? they're good people. if you adress it like that, almost everyone here has an agenda and willing to do everything to fulfill it regardless of gender

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Yeah, those two. I am not quite sure how to understand the second part of your post, but if you mean, that the women have at least their own agenda, I will give you that. Still, it was disturbing how much my character could freaked out after one sentence, when he talked with female characters. Oh well, still a good mod.

On the other hand it reminded me, why I liked Fallout 2 always more. 2 got that the most appealing aspect of Fallout isn't the realism of living in a dark world, but how crazy the wasteland actually is and how much fun you can have with it, while still being serious if necessary (the death of Hakunin gets me all the time). It limits the kind of stories you could tell with such a setting. But that's not a real critique of the mod, but just few further thoughts.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
It really comes out of nowhere doesn't it? Maybe they started with other ideas on their mind, but then changed the direction of the mod and kept this ending in so they could finish it.

MasPingon

Arcane
- The mod also seems to have a few issues with women. I wouldn't write this otherwise, but I never played a game or mod before, where I could insult as nasty and cruel as in Resurrection. My character has issues. Besides that, most women are either nagging, backstabbing, treacherous or sexworkers. Ironically my two companions were women and quite sympathetic, so there is also that.

What is this SJW bullshit on my Codex? Did you just implied that the creators are misoginic sexists? Because, as far as I'm concerned, game itself isn't self aware and can't have "a problem" with anything. I didn't play this game, but as far as I remember, Fallout 1 and 2 game worlds were inhabited with such spoiled characters. And guess what, male characters were also "nagging, backstabbing, teacherous or sexworkers". You should apologise those dudes who made it for false accusations and reconsider yourself.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
At least a bit sexist. So? Doesn't lessen the enjoyment of the mod, doesn't it? And I leave at that.

MasPingon

Arcane
At least a bit sexist. So? Doesn't lessen the enjoyment of the mod, doesn't it? And I leave at that.
Educate yourself what "sexist" mean before you express your opinion in public. It makes you exactly the same strawman as the other concerned dude, who was saying Witcher 3 is rascist because there are no asian and black people in game.

Last edited:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

Yes, in post apoc environment good manners is the only thing that matters. Look idiot in post apoc work a woman would be lucky not to be raped, abused, beaten, eaten and taken advantage daily. Because men a physically stronger. So being caled something is least of their worries.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Come on, you stud!

afcd89f47e61ee3e5a89fe51b0d798de.png

Black

Arcane
I wouldn't write this otherwise, but I never played a game or mod before, where I could insult as nasty and cruel as in Resurrection.
You should play a Dance With The Rogues for NWN1, it's a good commentary on females in fantasy.

Black

Arcane
So what are the new weapons? So far I found sniper rifle remade into a pistol (small gun), plasma cannon, anti-materiel rifle (heavy gun :(), a unique minigun, 2 grenade launchers, SAW machinegun and some other junk.
I like the loner perk, the one that gives you +10% skills if you're travelling by yourself but I dislike the idea of the perk that gives you 10k caps out of thin air.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom