Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

laclongquan

Arcane
Even the Rat Hole has some 80, 70, and 60 Speech skill checks.

where do you actually look what the checks need?
I am wondering because I tried to talk to the sheriff in sedit which attacks me after a lame excuse by me, no other options to talk about. The same happens with the sherriffs wife, I tried to seduce her with 120 in speech 9 char and the opposite sex perk.

The old school method, save, run through notable characters, noted then reload.

Without 50 you can not even bullshit Alexa into selling the doctor bag. At 70 I think, we succeed.

To blackmail her, 80 is needed. If you dont tag speech you are screwed.

In order to talk Padre into believing in our info about her, high Speech is also needed.

Generally it's at tens threshold. As I save about 1 levelup worth of skillpoints, it's possible to check~

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane
Anyone else bothered by the fact that they forgot to translate party_op.ini? :x

I'd translate it myself but allmighty Google Translate is powerless against czech low intelligence dialog.

Paul_cz

Arcane
So will there be proper codex review Bubbles ? Your Fallout 4 review is some of the most enjoyable/infuriating reading ever posted here.

Cromwell

Arcane
did anyone disarm the bomb in chucks shop? I am curious how high my trao skill would have to be

laclongquan

Arcane
The Shift button is highly appreciated. My eyes can but dont want to play pixel hunting~

The mouse wheel is okay. We have the F2 feature of arrows button so it's not like something we dont have before.

skyst

Augur
Which companions have been found so far?

I have recruited:
Mutt the dog in Rathole, Keri in Sedit and Lystra in the Imperial City.

Lemming42

Arcane
Just reached the encounter with The Savior and it has some incredibly good reactivity regarding companions. I try to accept his quest to trick him into letting me into the control room so I can blow up the base, but he demands I kill Lystra first. Thinking I'm incredibly hot shit and able to trick the game, I have Lystra wait in the corridor outside, only to have his dialogue change to saying he'll call his guards to execute her instead.

epeli

Arcane
After a couple of playthroughs, I can say that this mod is too just a tad too short for what it wants to be. Thematically it is indeed Fallout 1.5, but its length would place it at Fallout 0.75.

Regardless of the major questlines you choose, it seems that you will run out of quests to do before getting all the attribute surgeries and high level perks. At that point it devolves into a repetitive grind if you want those. Special encounter rate also suggests the game's length is shorter than intended; it's entirely possible to fully explore the small outdoor map and run all over the place for a long time before hitting even one special encounter -- at 10 luck and 100+ outdoorsman. Maybe the encounters have too high level requirements, I wouldn't know. Found only 2 special encounters over 2 playthroughs.

One issue is the lack of non-combat skill checks, compounded by the restocking skillbook vendor. Stapleton was okay in Fallout 1 due to time limits and good skillcheck distribution throughout the content, but here it just makes the few skill checks less meaningful as every character ever can have the skillbook skills high enough to pass all their checks for a negligible skillpoint cost. And since shops don't have much money or useful goods in the first place, you practically have to buy skillbooks all the time to get rid of your loot. You know it's bad when a gifted character ends up with over 100 excess skillpoints before level 18 and no idea where to spend them.

Speech is pretty much the only well-used noncombat skill. Lockpicking also has a fair number of uses, but you won't be in a hurry to level it up for anything important. Some stats, traits and perks also feel woefully underused, but I'll have to play more before commenting on those. Combat skills on the other hand are very well represented. Two unarmed arenas, new guns of all three types, decent selection of melee weapons and even throwing gets some love.

Another problem is the inability to rest in town areas. That has to be a bug, I can't grasp why they would do such a thing. I guess all town NPCs are counted as hostile for some reason. It's annoying in the few quests that require you to be in a certain place at a certain time of the day. And a very minor gripe: the custom config exe for sfall/hires patch. Why did they even bother? It lacks some options, so I had to touch the config files anyways to get my usual settings. Oh well.

That's honestly all the bad I can think of at the moment. Everything else is pretty good. Quest design and reactivity is very Fallout and the world feels true to the original lore. The companion dialogs are a nice small improvement over the originals. Definitely the best Fallout total conversion mod I've played.

did anyone disarm the bomb in chucks shop? I am curious how high my trao skill would have to be
IIRC 70something to spot the booby trap, 101 to disarm it. It's the highest traps check I've seen.

The Shift button is highly appreciated. My eyes can but dont want to play pixel hunting~

The mouse wheel is okay. We have the F2 feature of arrows button so it's not like something we dont have before.
Indeed, those aren't something we didn't have before. They are standard sfall features. Almost decade old stuff.

epeli

Arcane
You can, but you have to pay an Inn for it, then you go to the room to rest for x hours.

A quest where this is a problem comes after local innkeepers have vacated their premises. So I ended up waiting in a deathclaw lair, because apparently that makes for a better and safer place to pass time than the town. :roll:

valcik

Arcane
Hint - you don't have to pay actually. Just climb to the second floor and start squatting.

eXalted

Arcane
So, I am currently in Albuquerque and I am trying to exterminate the hospital mercenaries together with the tribals.

There is a dialogue option to find help for the battle, but neither William, the Gangsters or the Mutant Hunters want to help me (with the Mutant Helpers there isn't even a dialogue option).

Who can join my tribalistic and naive cause to kill the mercenary shits?

Last edited:

valcik

Arcane
Try asking
Parson in Imperial City
eXalted
Your cause is just and honest!
This is also glorious climax of questline missed by Bubbles with epic fight where three factions are facing each other, kick 'em hard!

Lhynn

Arcane
Removing DT has really fucked 1vgroup fights. Its made it more realistic, but the problem is that encounters and really combat in general isnt designed with this in mind, so its really fucked.

Lemming42

Arcane
Just finished the game, starting a second playthrough immediately to try and get a view on how much true C&C there is.

Post-first playthrough impressions are very positive, though.

eXalted

Arcane
Try asking
Parson in Imperial City
eXalted
Your cause is just and honest!
This is also glorious climax of questline missed by Bubbles with epic fight where three factions are facing each other, kick 'em hard!

Aah, thank you.
Yea, this is the only place that I haven't yet checked. I was scared of the 3 days limit and wanted to rush this quest. But okay, I guess I will have the needed time. I will not do quests that include going out in the wasteland. Actually, is this 3 days limit is taken into consideration by the game?

Severian Silk

Czech you guys later!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom