Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

agris

Arcane
Patron
One thing regarding the writing, it is not "Fallout 1" or "nearly Fallout 1" quality, but it is very good for what it is: written by fans in Czech and translated. Crucially, the style is relatively consistent while being evocative of Fallout 1. This is probably the most important to me, not necessarily the clunky grammar, vocabulary or sentence structure.

The writing doesn't bother me at all, and is actually very good given that it's a fan project, but set your expectations appropriately. I expected regular mod-tier shit and it's far better than that. Definitely better than any dialogue-heavy IE mod or.. *gag* total conversion / fan expansion.

Viata

Arcane
Question about the mystery assassination quest:
I killed the gravedigger because the fucker didn't want to dig Maria's grave for me. Now, after talking with her father, her father said that Leonard may be the killer, or Alexa(which is p. obvious who killed her anyway). But I seem to be in a dead end here. I can't talk with Leonard and Alexa is not talking anything that gives me new information/options to interact. Did I fuck up by killing the gravedigger and the guy near the dog?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I killed the gravedigger because the fucker didn't want to dig Maria's grave for me. Now, after talking with her father, her father said that Leonard may be the killer, or Alexa(which is p. obvious who killed her anyway). But I seem to be in a dead end here. I can't talk with Leonard and Alexa is not talking anything that gives me new information/options to interact. Did I fuck up by killing the gravedigger and the guy near the dog?
I got the shovel from the New Hope settlement. You can then dig up Maria's grave.

Viata

Arcane
I got the shovel from the New Hope settlement. You can then dig up Maria's grave.
I go it from killing the gravedigger. It's after it. Show the paper to the doc > mayor > and then can't see where to go. I can't talk with Leonard and making Alexa's quest just give me a "you are fishy, can't trust you" comment from her. Doing two quests for Julian puts me fighting against Alexa's merc.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Dig up Maria's grave and the one beside it to further the plot.

Edit:

Viata said:
I go it from killing the gravedigger. It's after it. Show the paper to the doc > mayor > and then can't see where to go. I can't talk with Leonard and making Alexa's quest just give me a "you are fishy, can't trust you" comment from her. Doing two quests for Julian puts me fighting against Alexa's merc

With high enough speech you can confront Alexa and talk her in to suicide. Or you can go to Julian and convince him to take down Alexa (wich is redundant since he's already willing to kill her)

Drowed

Arcane
Viata said:
I go it from killing the gravedigger. It's after it. Show the paper to the doc > mayor > and then can't see where to go. I can't talk with Leonard and making Alexa's quest just give me a "you are fishy, can't trust you" comment from her. Doing two quests for Julian puts me fighting against Alexa's merc

With high enough speech you can confront Alexa and talk her in to suicide. Or you can go to Julian and convince him to take down Alexa (wich is redundant since he's already willing to kill her)

You sure? Tried it here, nothing. Then, just to be sure, boosted speech to 300 just to see if there's any option, and still nothing. Maybe I'm missing something? Already talked to the Mayor about the poison, he said that someone tried to kill him, etc.

Viata

Arcane
Viata said:

You sure? Tried it here, nothing. Then, just to be sure, boosted speech to 300 just to see if there's any option, and still nothing. Maybe I'm missing something? Already talked to the Mayor about the poison, he said that someone tried to kill him, etc.

LOL 300 and nothing? I thought 200 was going to be enough.

Drowed

Arcane
Viata said:

Wops, it worked now.

Talked to the Mayor again and don't know why, the dialogue was different. Then, it worked with her.

Viata

Arcane
Viata said:

Wops, it worked now.

Talked to the Mayor again and don't know why, the dialogue was different. Then, it worked with her.
Not her. 300% of speech? Also, last time I talked with him was when he said about Leonard being the killer. Then went to Alexa and had only two options related to Maria, back to him and nothing changed.

Viata

Arcane
Ok, I got the quest complete. Here is how to do it:
It requires 80% speech and I believe any number of Int that can get that on level 1 or 2, unless you do it later:
  1. First you talk to Julian to learn about the war, Leonard, Maria and Mayor.
  2. Then you go talk to the Mayor and decide to help him.
  3. Next you go to North Side and talk to the Father inside the church. You need the graveyard information.
  4. Go out and talk to the gravedigger. The information that you must got from him is about a female figure asking him to dig a grave.
  5. Now dig the grave next to Maria's grave, take the note and examine it(you must examine it to unlock a new dialogue with doctor).
  6. Go back to South Side and talk to the doctor. Ask him to translate the note for you and also about Doctor Reed's bag.
  7. Open the bag and remove the note from it(Don't forget to recover it from the ground).
  8. Go back to the mayor and talk about the new information.
  9. Now you go to North Side and tell Alexa you know about the killer. You have two options: she pays you 1000 caps and you leave North Side forever(mercs shoots you on sight if you come back) or you talk her in to suicide.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I've been playing it so far and it's pretty cool. Major complaint: the dialogue scripting sucks hard cock. Too many places where you can easily get people to refuse to talk to you ever again. One place I wanted to take a job with a caravan but now I can't because I accepted a quest from the guy and now he will only talk to me about that. Dumb shit like this is just pure insta-reload territory. Additionally, while I enjoy the hobo phase of games, my character is so fucking weak I can't do any quests that involve fighting actual humans. Since Fallout lacks things like stances, cover, overwatch, etc. it's essentially impossible to win any difficult encounter with intelligent play, you just have to outgear everything. More complaints likely to follow, modders gonna mod.

valcik

Arcane
Good investigative work Viata!
.. You have two options: she pays you 1000 caps and you leave North Side forever(mercs shoots you on sight if you come back) or you talk her in to suicide.
I'll add one more option for combat-oriented dudes here:
Talk to Julian instead of confronting Alexa directly. Julian would pack up his gang and lead them to storm the north part of town, resulting in massive gang fight with a couple of possible outcomes - Alexa killed, Julian killed, or both of them killed eventually. None speech check needed for this alternative, be prepared for some really hard fight though!

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I appreciate a game trying to offer meaningful evil quest solutions, but they really didn't have to extend that to pedophilia.

:what:

I had a female PC, so I was only offered to aid and abet by killing the children afterwards and allowing the dude to keep the "good parts" for later. It's implied that a male PC could do more, but to be fair, I haven't tested that and never intend to.

Mortmal

Arcane
I appreciate a game trying to offer meaningful evil quest solutions, but they really didn't have to extend that to pedophilia.

:what:

He probably exagerates again, thats like saying the writing is juvenile. In fact the only juvenile writing is for npcs guards in the street who have a few generic one liners. Most of it is really well done with several dialogue options and ways to finish quests . Its a really good mod, only weakness i can see so far is the lack of options to use science, repair (only seen once) ,traps, and first aid. Its the dark and gritty fallouti love, you can play as the good guy trying to help or being a real bastard. They really pinpoint the fallout spirit.
I prefer playing this mod a LOT more than anything commercial released recently.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Yeah, the game is a bit icky in that department. As a similar example, in the Rat Hole there's a girl junkie who is barely legal at best, teen at first. She craves for a dose so, as a male, you can offer her to work for the money. If you're evil, you can even mock her afterwards, refusing to pay. And she specifically states that she's a virgin.

Dunno, that's shitty because it just reeks of omega basement dweller fantasies too much.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ok, Im level 10 right now, and did a fair amount of the quests and discovered probably most of the game locations. Here is my take:

The good:
- Its more adventures in the Fallout universe.
- The writing is ok. Not bad enough to make you cringe, not good enough to cite it. Just standard game writing. Taking into consideration that this was a translation from Czech language, I think somebody did a good job with it.
- Some new weapons and items, and item modifications. You can get your sniper rifle cut short into a pistol, or your combat shotgun made into a veritable hand cannon.
- Some bigger fight in quests. I know not everybody likes the "our group against the other group" fights in Fallout, but I like them, and there are a few of them in the game.
- Some interesting quest design at times. Some exclusive quests that lock you out of the other faction quests. Some skill checks here and there. Admitedly, Im not playing a very charismatic character so I dont know how frequent they really are.
- Some mystery in the plot. That part of the plot I like.

The bad:
- Not that much content to be honest. I know its just a mod, but the locations seem quite empty in the sense that there is not that much to do. Some quest are very simple. Go there, kill this guy, or bring this item, or be a message delivery boy.
- The difficulty is weird. I believe the mod must be using some of the changes to ammo penetration and damage values. My character that is wearing combat armour is still hit for 7-10hp a shot by a raider using the shitty 10mm pistol. That makes shootouts very difficult to survive. If you have to fight 3+ guys that can shot at you at the same time, you are probably going to die. Seems realistic, but the problem is, that you will be put in such a sittuation often in random encounters.
- Another aspect of the difficulty problem.
The ghouls that are trying to kill you and the ghoul patrols are way too strong. The smallest group consists of 4 ghouls, all of them have guns so say goodbye to 30+hp a turn. And then you encounter the truly ridiculous groups that consists of 6+ ghouls, 4 of them in power armour with laser rifles, or missle launchers, and you die on the first turn, maybe the second one if you have high enough sequence to get one turn before they obliterate you. They are straight reload and make a trip around the map just a game of "Is this random encounter ghouls? Shit, Im dead".
- Some weird AI behaviour. I had situations when ghouls armed with big guns decided to run next to me, and punch me for two turns and then start shooting me, single shots from point blank range. Saved my ass on a quest once, since if they all just shot at me at the same time from the beginning, I would be dead on turn one.
- The economy is screwed. Traders have very little caps. Most I could find was around 1600. And even a single smg sells for over 1000 caps, on my 0 barter character. So Im currently lugging around like 15k in weapons in my inventory because nobody has any significant amount of caps, nor anything worth buying. And the things that could be money sinks, like stat enhancement operations, cost 10k, in pure caps. Good luck running around the wasteland to different traders to get 800-1500 caps out of each of them. And being stopped by ghouls 10 times between every city.
- Like some people mentioned in this thread, some edgy quests that seemed to try to be dark and mature but end up being just gross and out of place. Like the one about the pedophile dude with children in his basement. And you wanna know how to get a clue for this quest?
You talk with the recruting officer in the imperial city, and he is like "Sure, I will tell you what happened to this boy, if you let me fuck you in the ass!". There might be other ways to progress with the quest, but that was the one available for my character, a male one. Then you are presented an overly wordy masturbatory description of what kind of music the guy puts on trying to create some nice mood for the assfucking, and then bam, "He fucks you hard in the ass". Then you go and visit a pedo dungeon. I think it might be some sort of a reference to Pulp Fiction, with the wakizashi and baseball bat in the basement,
- I seem to be kinda stuck right now. I did the quest, joined the Hunters and now
I have to go to the mutants' camp to get inside the bunker there. The hunters wont give me any help and the guarding mutant wont let me pass. I think I could maybe try as a Children of the Cathedral, wearing the robe, but the thing is, I did the quest a few hours before and sold the robe already, to god knows who. Will probably try to look for it, there aint that many traders in the game anyway. The "just kill them all" approach wont work. You have to fight around 7 mutants. I could kill some of them, but the guys with rocket launchers will just hit me for 40-50hp and knock me down every other turn.

Will report later, if I manage to finish the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom