Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Enjoying greatly so far. Wrapped up rat hole and feeling out the Sedit factions.. My high int/ch got through the towns quests with zero combat except for random encounters, and toeing out Sedit with leather armor, 44 magnum, 2500 caps and level 3. Feels much more like Fallout 1 in terms of writing... serviceable and brutal.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Learn :obviously: Ruskie Language; Fallout Nevada is great but with my school Russian I only managed to got to Reno... where I hit the walls of text and had to quit. :negative:

I can try to translate, but the problem is the you don't just translate words there - you need some kind of programs installed, you need to write translation right in files.
That's why I ran away scared since I'm tech-dumb humanitarian.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
I can try to translate, but the problem is the you don't just translate words there - you need some kind of programs installed, you need to write translation right in files.
That's why I ran away scared since I'm tech-dumb humanitarian.
Notepad++, open file, switch character set to Western European, Windows-1250.

I wonder if Bethesda is ignoring Fallot 2 modding or only mods that are in languages other than English, because they can C&D and sue both Nevada and Olympus developers.

Edit:
When I was playing Nevada, .dat file was unpacked. If it's packed now use Dat exploler or similar tools you can download from NMA.

Also this guy is translating it https://github.com/fallout-nevada

Last edited:

Wulfstand

Prophet
If anyone on the dex is actively working on translating Nevada, I can volunteer to proofread the text. Since I know fuckall Russian outside of the movies I occasionally watch, I can at least try to make the English translation sound better.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Space Insect

Arcane
I don't really see a reason that Bethesda would C&D these Fallout 1 and 2 mods since a major selling point of those games with a 3 and 4 on them is the modding.

Kalasanty11

Learned
Game takes place in New Mexico, birth place of a Legion. It came out after New Vegas, but I assume, that it has no references about its lore... although Van Buren also was supposed to have some Legion content. So, what is it?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game takes place in New Mexico, birth place of a Legion. It came out after New Vegas, but I assume, that it has no references about its lore... although Van Buren also was supposed to have some Legion content. So, what is it?

Game takes place between Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, Caesar wasn't born yet.

Kalasanty11

Learned

Game takes place between Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, Caesar wasn't born yet.
Oops :oops: But IIRC, New Vegas makes some mentions about the tribes that Legion assimilated. And Van Buren was supposed to have The Reservation, ghoul settlement in New Mexico.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
So they're distributing the Fallout 2 executable? Why not make it separate?
I think they were adding new art directly to the master.dat instead of using mapper. Nevada doesn't even has an installer, you unpack it and it works.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So is this shit or not? What does it compare to in terms of story / C&C?

Is it worth to boot up?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Is it worth to boot up?
From what I've seen, it's got good quest design, slightly below FO1 writing and some choices, haven't seen the consequences though. It's worth it imo

Lemming42

Arcane
I'm in like the fifth town now and I really like how all the settlements feel fully related and connected to each other, rather than just primarily standalone areas like Fallout 2 had.

Is it worth to boot up?

Writing is good, NPCs have personalities and a lot of interesting things to say, everything fits reasonably well into existing Fallout lore, setting is like an even bleaker version of Fallout 1. Hard to say exactly how much C&C there is at the minute but there are plenty of quests that lock you out of another faction's quests and points where you're offered a number of ways to proceed with your goals. Quests are pretty varied and interesting too. It's definitely worth playing.

Only real criticism is that I can't think of a single time so far that Science, Repair or Doctor have been checked.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I'm in like the fifth town now and I really like how all the settlements feel fully related and connected to each other, rather than just primarily standalone areas like Fallout 2 had.

Is it worth to boot up?

Writing is good, NPCs have personalities and a lot of interesting things to say, everything fits reasonably well into existing Fallout lore, setting is like an even bleaker version of Fallout 1. Hard to say exactly how much C&C there is at the minute but there are plenty of quests that lock you out of another faction's quests and points where you're offered a number of ways to proceed with your goals. Quests are pretty varied and interesting too. It's definitely worth playing.

Only real criticism is that I can't think of a single time so far that Science, Repair or Doctor have been checked.

Okey thanks ! , well that's reassuring. How does it compare to FO: Nevada and that other Olympus mod? did you try those? Are they in english?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Hey, Bubbles how viable in your experience is a steal speech unarmed build with high STR, CHA and AGI?

Should be pretty good; there's at least two unarmed-only arenas in the game, so you'll definitely get some use out of the skill.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Hey, Bubbles how viable in your experience is a steal speech unarmed build with high STR, CHA and AGI?

Should be pretty good; there's at least two unarmed-only arenas in the game, so you'll definitely get some use out of the skill.
Cool! That's my favorite build in every fallout game, so it's great that they made it useful!

agris

Arcane
Patron
Are there low int dialogues? I might start a parallel game with a big dumb brawler.

valcik

Arcane
Rest assured that you'll run into these skill-checks sooner or later, and some of them might turn the tides in your favor significantly!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom