Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Black Angel

Arcane
I think this has been added to bug-tracker already, seems that proper weapon skill of some raiders carrying big guns is lacking. Darn shitty raiders! :)
Daemon is a busy bee, so check out on Resurrection homepage occasionally for upcoming patch with polished translation/other little things fixed, guys.
Eh, I can't remember if they ever had big guns on them, but I certainly remember the ones I encountered mostly had Desert Eagle. I take a look at them with Awareness, and it says they were equiped with DE, yet no visible weapons on their sprites, and it kind of fuck them up when it's their turn, to the point where when it's their turn, they would just turn to the direction of their supposed target.

On side note, I heard
you could persuade Leonard so you won't have to hack his terminal, but I can't seem to follow the dialogue tree to do so. Anyone can clarify it?

laclongquan

Arcane
I actually frequently encountered some bugs where, if I'm doing a caravan run, an encounter with Raiders or Ghouls would resulted in them (and maybe even possibly the caravan guards, too) just didn't attack. Like, at all. When it happens, they just wouldn't hold any visible weapons in hand.

This doesn't really annoy me, which is why I didn't share it up until now, but it still happens quite frequently every now and then.
That is called free money, which I dont ever have. The ghouls have paper defense so they can be killed quite easily at 2nd or 3rd turn. But 1st turn they generaly fuck up my NPC, most likely the Mutt. If I want to protect the NPC, I need to avoid them.
It's the reason I avoid most decisive fights, that Mutt.

Saduj

Arcane
Just started this over again with official translation. If anyone has finished this, how much gameplay is left after Albuquerque? That's where I gave up last time due to my inability to beat a certain fight the low quality of the translation I was using.

Last edited:

Turrul

Augur
Just started this over again with official translation. If anyone has finished this, how much gameplay is left after Albuquerque? That's where I gave up last time due my inability to beat a certain fight the low quality of the translation I was using.

It's pretty close to the ending, especially if you already visited Corath.

Saduj

Arcane
Played through first two areas and made it to Sedit yesterday. Official translation is not perfect but missteps are very minor. Rat Hole plotline is not the most original but they did a very good job at implementing it, IMO. Early level Fallout is most fun for me and it definitely scratched that itch.

Another question for anyone who has finished this - What level were you when you finished?

Thinking of starting over with new character as I made some choices that I'm not enjoying. If games ends around level 15 or so, I can probably live with it though...

Black

Arcane
Level 15 or slightly above sounds bout right. 18 gives cool stuff like Sniper but you don't really need it since the final area can be skilled through peacefully.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Can't believe I've been playing Fallout 2 with new content for some 15 hrs so far.
:bounce:

The game had been burried for so long... this mod really deserves its name. I like it a lot so far, minor gripes only that pale in comparison with the pleasure of playing this one blind again.

:fuuyeah:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Confronted Alexa. 99% sure I was going to die, but 100% speech saved the day and she gave herself The Emperor's peace.

You are free now, Jullian, free. And I am as well, free - TO GET ALL THE SWEET LOOT!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOO!

Also, :lol: at the pissed mercs
Same here. Speech taggers... speech taggers never change.

Ivan

Arcane
have any patches been released? is this ready to play without much in the way of bugs?

Lhynn

Arcane
Curious: Does the game catters well to more unconventional builds?

My character, for example, has Doctor tagged. Its main use is fast healing, saving up healing items and getting some extra XP for it.

Would say, Repair and Science be useful through the game?
Doctor has like 1 use, repair probably 1 use, science i think gets used more late game.

Best skills are speech and small guns, as always. 3rd skill can be anything, but stuff like throwing is always a decent choice considering the sheer amount of enemies you face sometimes.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
I tagged the usual : speech, small guns, lockpicking and it works fine, as usual. There are many books for other skills like science and repair. Doctor can't be raised by books, but so far I don't miss it.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I'm fugged.
I've sided with hunters, and killed all mutants at mutant base -got the tape, but i cant talk to sebastian because he will kill me. So i didn't get power armor from mutants. I've sided with aron against that clerk who plotted killing emperor, so now aron is new emperor, but he won't attack hunters base, and i can't have access to vault 16. So no power armor from here. Were the fuck i can obtain PA in this game? Am i fucked? I don't have speech based character, so i will probably won't go through speech checks in a robe at the rebirth base, so i need the PA badly

Black Angel

Arcane
Confronted Alexa. 99% sure I was going to die, but 100% speech saved the day and she gave herself The Emperor's peace.

You are free now, Jullian, free. And I am as well, free - TO GET ALL THE SWEET LOOT!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOO!

Also, :lol: at the pissed mercs
So Julian is still alive now?

You're in for some pleaaaaaasure surprise, man :D

have any patches been released? is this ready to play without much in the way of bugs?
No patches for now. If there's any, it should be posted here.

There's not much bugs in the game, though. Only the ones I could think of is the one I've mentioned up there in my post, and also some bugs that if you stand in on particular hex, and that hex was meant to be the hex where a character supposed to stand in a cutscene, that cutscene just won't work, so you pretty much stuck in there and had to End Task.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Inb4 ambush -> burst fire ends his Ironman run.

Not much of a use for non-standard skills in 1.5, sadly. Lockpick and Steal gets quite a bit of use, but most other skill has like 1 use in the entire game that you can't replicate with just a high Speech

Black

Arcane
I'm fugged.
I've sided with hunters, and killed all mutants at mutant base -got the tape, but i cant talk to sebastian because he will kill me. So i didn't get power armor from mutants. I've sided with aron against that clerk who plotted killing emperor, so now aron is new emperor, but he won't attack hunters base, and i can't have access to vault 16. So no power armor from here. Were the fuck i can obtain PA in this game? Am i fucked? I don't have speech based character, so i will probably won't go through speech checks in a robe at the rebirth base, so i need the PA badly
You're a bit fucked but PA isn't necessary to finish the game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

It has over 3 years of patches because the original czech version was released in 2013

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm fugged.
The hunters should attack vault 16 eventually, you will get a call from the Empire and access to the vault if you take the quest, there is a PA in a locker on the lowest level.

Black Angel

Arcane
I'm fugged.
Wait a sec
Why would Sebastian not talk to you? Perhaps you pissed him off before?

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
Where do I find Clint in Corath?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom