Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

Those Russians are unbeleivably annoying. Whenever an english mod is released , a team is instantly assembled to translate it , but for russian mods to translate to english ? noooo sir , it's too big , it's too hard , go learn russian.

Russian translation of resurrection has begun.

In fairness, why would they want to translate Russian to English? Sure, everyone accepts that English is the universal language, but everyone still prefers that more people learn/speak their native tongue rather than less. Wouldn't they see Russian->English as being a job for natural English speakers who have learnt Russian? Even if they attempted a Russian-->English translation themselves, they'd still need native English speakers (who also understand Russian) to eliminate the 'Engrish' and get the nuances right. Why waste their time on something that filthy westerners should be capable of?

Yes, there's really no incentive for a native Russian speaker to translate something to English, unless they were selling it for profit. Translate it yourself.

To make another point, I bet that the number of native Russian speakers who know English and also play/mod old RPGs like Fallout is vastly larger than the number of native English speakers who know Russian and play/mod old RPGs. The former being single if not double digit percents, the latter being almost miniscule.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
My only motivations is to introduce English speakers with Russian work, and Fallout's funs to good piece of work.
Anyway ALBQ has interesting quests.

Edit: so for Ben (not Bil sorry) you need 7 Charisma, and sex brings 500 caps. )

Edit: found long forgotten trick - you can squeez from Mentats 4 Charisma, not 2. Not exploite, it's actual mechanic.
Looks like you can't seduce Vex, 8 Charisma isn't enough with all his specific taste in sex.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Lol, I can't repeat that effect.
Idea was that you can eat Mentats before recoil, like I thought that 15-10 minutes before recoil, you can eat Mentats again.
It works 2-3 times but I can't repeat effect now.

Do you have any ideas why and how it actually work?

So, nobody have even slightes idea?

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I dug in net a few hours and have found that that was actually a bug.
It related to save/load, you take 2 Mentats, save, load, and you can take 2 Mentats again etc.
Too sad it is a bug, because Ben after first sex give you 500 caps, and then, the more days has passed, the more caps he have, after few weeks he paid my sexy slut 530, and in between - 200 caps.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Anybody know the script/trigger for party banter? It's annoying that every time a time skipping happens (like waiting for nightfall/midnight like with Corath's gravedigger/Anonym's questline), or resting/waiting, the party banter happened and, thus, skipped. I also noticed that the party banter happened on some specific time. The first time it happened, like I said, waiting for midnight for Anonym's questline (by talking to Elisa) apparently trigger a party banter at the time, so I reloaded and wait for few minutes and the banter happened. The second time, and this is what I finally noticed to happen at an exact same time, the banter happened exactly at October 20, around 23.13 or 23.14. I reloaded twice to make sure, and it's true. What's up with that? The script/trigger counting days/period since the second companion got recruited, or...?

Also, anybody knows the amount needed to pass the Traps checks? I know that ~30% is suffice to disarm the pressure plates in the Raiders' hideout beneath Sedit - Lost Town. I assume the rest of the Traps checks would be higher for safes and containers, like:
Rodriguez's, Chuck's, and Nestor's. I assume Sheriff Carpenter got one for his safe, too.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think I had to take traps to 100+ to get at Rod and Nestor's safes without blowing them to bits, fuck all in them though IIRC.

laclongquan

Arcane
I dug in net a few hours and have found that that was actually a bug.
It related to save/load, you take 2 Mentats, save, load, and you can take 2 Mentats again etc.
Too sad it is a bug, because Ben after first sex give you 500 caps, and then, the more days has passed, the more caps he have, after few weeks he paid my sexy slut 530, and in between - 200 caps.
Mentats worth way more than the few caps he paid~

Turrul

Augur
Also, anybody knows the amount needed to pass the Traps checks? I know that ~30% is suffice to disarm the pressure plates in the Raiders' hideout beneath Sedit - Lost Town. I assume the rest of the Traps checks would be higher for safes and containers, like:
Rodriguez's, Chuck's, and Nestor's. I assume Sheriff Carpenter got one for his safe, too.

Chuck's stash needs %91.

I don't know the exact requirement for Rodriguez's safe, but something like %60-%70 should be enough with some savescumming iirc.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So, is there any way to keep Lystra
with you if you join Mutant Hunters?

Looks like joining them is the worst scenario.

Do someone know where Cole if he run away from you when you tried to handed him to gueard?

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I caught a glimpse here that if you sided with
MH than Imperor won't send a message on Pip-Boy, which turned out to be not true. In MH now, and with that Anonym case. Of course, if I'm not mistook anything at a glimpse.

Black Angel

Arcane
I think I had to take traps to 100+ to get at Rod and Nestor's safes without blowing them to bits, fuck all in them though IIRC.
Chuck's stash needs %91.

I don't know the exact requirement for Rodriguez's safe, but something like %60-%70 should be enough with some savescumming iirc.
Damn, that's way too much. Oh well, gotta ignore those for awhile now. Gonna take 'em for my thief playthrough.

laclongquan

Arcane
For no particular reason I want to draw Codexers' attention to the fact that Fallout 1.5 Resurrection has been released in English, so you have no reason to avoid testing it.

It's about post-Master-War F1 period, when the Remnant of Mutant Army move eastward. It's in Falout 2 engine, so not much problem game-wise. Surprising few bugs.

Eighteen Fucking Years after Fallout2 out.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For no particular reason I want to draw Codexers' attention to the fact that Fallout 1.5 Resurrection has been released in English, so you have no reason to avoid testing it.

It's about post-Master-War F1 period, when the Remnant of Mutant Army move eastward. It's in Falout 2 engine, so not much problem game-wise. Surprising few bugs.

Eighteen Fucking Years after Fallout2 out.

Where were you in the mid-end of july. Those 2-3 weeks was such a bliss in the codex, especially the fallout resurrection topics. Some group of people playing it, sharing their discoveries, opinions, praise, criticism.

That was legit some of the funnest time i've had on the codex, and videogame in general the past several months, years even.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
FO 1.5 kicks ass, everyone who likes the original games should play it.

giphy.gif

Black Angel

Arcane
I actually frequently encountered some bugs where, if I'm doing a caravan run, an encounter with Raiders or Ghouls would resulted in them (and maybe even possibly the caravan guards, too) just didn't attack. Like, at all. When it happens, they just wouldn't hold any visible weapons in hand.

This doesn't really annoy me, which is why I didn't share it up until now, but it still happens quite frequently every now and then.

valcik

Arcane
I think this has been added to bug-tracker already, seems that proper weapon skill of some raiders carrying big guns is lacking. Darn shitty raiders! :)
Daemon is a busy bee, so check out on Resurrection homepage occasionally for upcoming patch with polished translation/other little things fixed, guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom