Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 1.5: Resurrection - fanmade Fallout game by Czechs

eXalted

Arcane
A lot of quests are actually directions for the plot and you don't even have to complete the actual quest (because many of the factions are full of shit). Interesting design decision.

The new emperor will eventually pip-boy message you about vault 16 situation.Empire guys found out about the vault 16 happenings and want to take action.In order for that to happen ,not only you have to NOT be a mutant hunter but must have also not even asked to join them. The questline evolves getting rid of thoso freaky creatures and regaining control of the third level in a stealth way.I really enjoyed that quest.

Thanks. Noted for my next playthrough.

Bloodlust

Augur
also when you kick out the mutant hunters from the third floor ,there is noone stopping you from looting that power armor from the guarded locker. Assuming your lockpick is high enough.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There's a open caravan route between New Hope and Sedit.
How? I finished Frederyk's questline, and after 2 quests Crimson Caravan's pretty much wrapped up, no? Unless we recruit Keri, which I didn't because I dumped CHA and now stuck with Mutt....

Talk to the leader at New Hope about their economic situation (can be done right at the start) before you ever talk to the Crimson Caravan guy, then you can offer him a deal. If you talk to him first, it seems you get locked out of the quest (probably because he's too crazy to hold a normal conversation after that).

Black Angel

Arcane
Talk to the leader at New Hope about their economic situation (can be done right at the start) before you ever talk to the Crimson Caravan guy, then you can offer him a deal. If you talk to him first, it seems you get locked out of the quest (probably because he's too crazy to hold a normal conversation after that).
I pretty much exhausted her dialogue before I even leave New Hope. I guess I really shouldn't immediately offer to work for Demetre immediately when I first met him. Oh well.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Corath is still effectively lawless since anyone who can beat up anyone else wins everything. The police is effectively impotent and is ceding all real power it has to control the town in order to pretend it enforces the law, which is not good but cowardly and a sign of wanting the power of the law without the duty to enforce it fairly, which is arguably evil. Nestor and Uncle are both not nearly good guys from what I've seen. Slightly underhanded competition may not be evil but when you're willing to kill people to do it (especially people in what should be a tightly-knit post-apocalypse city), you definitely are.
Other than nestor very few ever really take advantage of the arena. Everyone just solves their issues privately and the peace of the town is kept. The police has so much firepower no one makes trouble. They are definitely not evil. Tho the deputy is. Same with the deputy at sedit actually.
The value of life in that world isnt very high tbh, and even good people like william ask you to murder others with little trouble.

Crimson Caravan missions involve murdering the Cathedral member (morally highly dubious considering he's pretty harmless at this point in the timeline) and Sedit Caravans are CLEARLY evil as fuck. Only Frederyk's Caravans can qualify as good guys.
Jesus dude, its a post apocalyptic setting in which life holds no value and there literally is no law or state that can guarantee the safety of its citizens. Sedit caravans is trying to expand, so it stands to reason theyll step on the little guy to do it. You need to get rid of your baggage and look at the conflict from the standpoint of someone living in that place. The Cathedral member wanted to kill the leader of the caravan had he had the chance to do so, he was a bastard.

William is one of the few characters actually going out of their way to help people.
And he asks you to murder his neighbor, want to know why? because life has no real meaning if there isnt anyone that can guarantee your safety and keep things fair.

Tribals/New Hope are OK (both are basically required to be decent to each other because a tribe that can't get along disintegrates). None of them are really important or big on the world stage, so they don't count for much. Both can basically be summarized as "so irrelevant that no one evil has bothered wiping them out" (the end slide for New Hope had them wiped out by the petty gang in Rat Town for me).
I made new hope great! as for the tribals, they are the only faction that cares about human life actually, they are too good to survive contact with almost anyone.

Mutant Hunters are described as the lone force preventing the ghouls from killing everyone in the game world. The place is effectively a warzone (was actually a warzone an indeterminate amount of days previously).
Sure, that doesnt make them good. They are fanatics and will take over the world and burn anyone with a sign of mutation of torture them and experiment on them till their lifes are expended. Make no mistake, these are some evil assholes.

What do soldiers do during war? Talk about killing as many of the enemy as they can.
Except the enemy isnt just rebirth, its pretty much anyone.

And lets not forget that the whole world just narrowly averted the Master/Super Mutant threat. Not saying they are "good guys" per se, but there is no reason to make war on them by assassinating one of their leading members when you're risking the safety of the biggest city in the game world by doing so.
I would have murdered them all if it wasnt such a big pain in the butt to do. Rebirth being evil assholes doesnt make the mutant hunters any less evil.

laclongquan

Arcane
The Crimson leader is crazy as bedbug, you want the deskjockey on the small room on the right. We would talk employment and quest over there. If the option doesnt come up, might be your Speech AND/OR your Intelligence is too low. Pop a mentat and see if it appear.

+I keep Speech high early on, 110 at level 7.

The CoC guy? He's no innocent, just a zealot lost his reason to live. And he would beg you, lie to you, in order to make you inject the Crimson leader with FEV virus, so he become his enemy the SMs who destroyed his homeland. Is that sound like an innocent to you?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How do you get involved with Imperial City business regarding the Emperor? Or "Anonym"? A bunch of floats mention an Anonym within the city, but no one gives any quests with anything to do with either as far as I can see. Is it all a branch off of that one "get the pistol plans" quest for the mutant hunters that I lost when I refused the task to kidnap a tribal?

I would have murdered them all if it wasnt such a big pain in the butt to do. Rebirth being evil assholes doesnt make the mutant hunters any less evil.

All I'm saying is that attacking and seriously hurting the Mutant Hunters should basically trigger a month-long countdown before the game ends with the Ghouls winning. Settlements get razed like happened by the Supermutant army in Fallout 1 (according to dialog the ghoul army was already doing this offscreen before the mutant hunters showed up). gg no re.

Saying that fighting the mutant hunters is a very bad idea given the current circumstances != saying that they are the good guys. Killing Sebastian would be like Churchill having Stalin assassinated in 1940.

Black Angel

Arcane
The Crimson leader is crazy as bedbug, you want the deskjockey on the small room on the right. We would talk employment and quest over there. If the option doesnt come up, might be your Speech AND/OR your Intelligence is too low. Pop a mentat and see if it appear.
My INT is at max from the start, and though my speech was only ~90% by the time I arrive at Sedit. Still no options with Johny now that my speech is 123%.

Anyway,
is there some good places to store our stuff in Albuquerque other than the inn? Madame Chow explicitly state that our stuff would only be guaranteed safe as long as we paid for the room.

Lhynn

Arcane
How do you get involved with Imperial City business regarding the Emperor? Or "Anonym"? A bunch of floats mention an Anonym within the city, but no one gives any quests with anything to do with either as far as I can see. Is it all a branch off of that one "get the pistol plans" quest for the mutant hunters that I lost when I refused the task to kidnap a tribal?
Dude at the bar in the brothel.He is wearing a metal armor.

Bloodlust

Augur

It all starts by talking to the guy in metal armor at the wild brotheel thing behind hunter's base.

Cromwell

Arcane

All I'm saying is that attacking and seriously hurting the Mutant Hunters should basically trigger a month-long countdown before the game ends with the Ghouls winning. Settlements get razed like happened by the Supermutant army in Fallout 1 (according to dialog the ghoul army was already doing this offscreen before the mutant hunters showed up). gg no re.

Saying that fighting the mutant hunters is a very bad idea given the current circumstances != saying that they are the good guys. Killing Sebastian would be like Churchill having Stalin assassinated in 1940.

You still would have the empire to stem the tide like the already did when the hunters fucked up, they copuld also recruit new hunters and provide them with tech.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Dude at the bar in the brothel.He is wearing a metal armor.

It all starts by talking to the guy in metal armor at the wild brotheel thing behind hunter's base.

:salute: Damn crowded areas! Could've sworn I chatted to everyone there when I was looking for brothel quests, must have clicked everyone but that guy.

SNEAKY TRICK: You can save perks for later now (getting to level 6 without choosing your level 3 perk doesn't lose your level 3 perk, you can choose two level 6 perks). A bit OP IMO since later perks are so powerful and takes away one of the advantages of Skilled in being able to convert weaker perks into stronger ones.

Sadly, you can't hold off on perk selection and take Divine Favor at level 15 as your level 3 perk to get perks at 5/7/9/11/etc. Since Divine Favor would take until level 23 to start giving benefits its pretty clearly useless. Just not enough XP in the game to make it worthwhile.

Other new perks include:

Die Hard: Below 20% health get +10% damage resistance. It's like Toughness except you only get it when you have around 10 HP left!
Heavenly Gift: +10k caps immediately. Seems pretty useless. It looks like some kind of high level and high luck requirement, and the only reason to stockpile caps is for the stat buffs at the medical clinic. You'd be better off just taking a +stat perk.
Leader: +1 AP and +10 AC per party member. Assuming its the same as FO:T it reqs level 4 and 6 CHA. Would be great if you had a large party, pretty decent low level perk if you have 2-3 companions.
Loner: +10% all skills when not with a party. Reqs level 4 and less than 5 CHA. That's +180 skill points. Since its a temporary buff you can intentionally take a companion to lower skills and better use books/skill points, similar to the "change the difficulty level" trick.
Miraculous Regeneration: Broken limbs regenerate almost immediately. wut? Doesn't affect healing rate.

Also Tag! still retroactively doubles all skill points spent in a skill, and skill points still can't be saved up past 99.

Lhynn

Arcane
You dont really need to save level 3 perks. Quick pockets is one of the best perks in the game. Could maybe save level 6 perk, but by level 9 you definitely want better criticals, and 12 and beyond a lot of good feats.

If you end the game past level 16, then youve fucked around for too long.

Quick Pockets is pretty meh. Normally I'd rather go with Toughness so you can stack with Psycho up to 90% damage resistance, but with AP ammo giving huge -damage resistance modifiers I'm not sure its still worth it. Leader is probably the best perk if you can get 3 gunmen companions.

Bonus Move at level 6 is an amazing perk. Taking two of it is very powerful. Melee needs to reach people constantly, loner gunmen can trivialize huge fights by constantly retreating while taking potshots, groups with guns need to constantly reposition themselves to take good shots.

Level 9 of course Better Criticals. Possibly the best perk in the game thanks to instant death crits and a large overall damage boost.

Level 12 is another level that would be great for a double pick. You could take a double action boy, or do the Tag! trick + action boy, or Tag! + HtH Evade.

Level 15 is reserved for Bonus RoF/HtH attacks

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Loner: +10% all skills when not with a party. Reqs level 4 and less than 5 CHA. That's +180 skill points. Since its a temporary buff you can intentionally take a companion to lower skills and better use books/skill points, similar to the "change the difficulty level" trick.
Had a weird issue with this perk, if you take it while alone it will only give you the boost once you add someone to your party, and go away again when you kick them. Take it while you have a party member recruited for correct behaviour.

Lhynn

Arcane
Quick Pockets is pretty meh. Normally I'd rather go with Toughness so you can stack with Psycho up to 90% damage resistance, but with AP ammo giving huge -damage resistance modifiers I'm not sure its still worth it. Leader is probably the best perk if you can get 3 gunmen companions.
Its not in Resurrection, you suck up so much damage each round that being able to heal and actually hit within the same round is huge. Normal hits that can take like 1/3 of your hp, crits that can go 80% of your hp to oneshot you. Quick pockets results in both fast reloading and healing + whatever drug you may need.
Trust me, played through it without it and with it, and it made a world of difference.

Bonus Move at level 6 is an amazing perk. Taking two of it is very powerful. Melee needs to reach people constantly, loner gunmen can trivialize huge fights by constantly retreating while taking potshots, groups with guns need to constantly reposition themselves to take good shots.
A lot of fights are in closed environments where you have nowhere to go. And enemy accuracy is so high it doesnt matter how far you are, odds are you are still getting hit. And if you are using doorframes and stuff to only fight one enemy at the time, then you are not really using your movement.

Level 12 is another level that would be great for a double pick. You could take a double action boy, or do the Tag! trick + action boy, or Tag! + HtH Evade.
Yup, this is where id use level 6 perk.

Level 15 is reserved for Bonus RoF/HtH attacks
Agree.

overall it feels like the level at which you end the game is so low that the level requeriments for most of them should have been scaled down to compensate. Bonus rate of fire should have been level 9 for example.

Its not in Resurrection, you suck up so much damage each round that being able to heal and actually hit within the same round is huge. Normal hits that can take like 1/3 of your hp, crits that can go 80% of your hp to oneshot you. Quick pockets results in both fast reloading and healing + whatever drug you may need.
Trust me, played through it without it and with it, and it made a world of difference.

Well any character with 10 AGI (natural or through buffout/psycho, which are cheap and worth using in any fight that is dangerous) can already access inventory and fire an aimed shot with everything except the 7 AP sniper rifle (which should only be used a long range beyond what the enemy can hit you well anyway).

A lot of fights are in closed environments where you have nowhere to go. And enemy accuracy is so high it doesnt matter how far you are, odds are you are still getting hit. And if you are using doorframes and stuff to only fight one enemy at the time, then you are not really using your movement.

If you are ducking behind cover every turn then Bonus Move is always the equivalent of +2 AP, while Quick Pockets is only the equivalent of +2 AP on turns where you use inventory. I think I healed during a fight once or twice in the game, but on almost every turn I used bonus movement

Enemy accuracy is high, but if you play on Hard mode where enemies aggressively use Aimed shots, staying far away greatly decreases the chance of them deciding to aim for your eyes and annihilate you. Not sure how the AI chooses to aim, but its reasonable to assume that an extra 4 tiles distance giving almost -20% accuracy would cause the AI to choose a Head shot (-40% accuracy) rather than an eye shot (-60% accuracy). And even if you are generally being hit a lot, the accuracy decrease is significant.

I'll agree that 2 bonus movements are probably not twice as great as 1 bonus movement, so it's fairly reasonable not to double up here.

overall it feels like the level at which you end the game is so low that the level requeriments for most of them should have been scaled down to compensate. Bonus rate of fire should have been level 9 for example.

Yeah, it would have made a lot of the perk choices more interesting too. Make level 6 perks available at level 3, make level 9/12 perks available at level 6, or something like that.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Different gameplay styles i guess. i was killing a dude a round and usually fighting 4-14 other dudes, people were hitting me from one screen and a half away regularly even with combat armor and 10 agi. I found being able to both full heal and use aimed shots with sniper was better than just praying the enemy misses or doesnt crit.

There is the very useful modification for the sniper rifle that turns it into a pistol and doesn't actually decrease its range much. Otherwise just switch to another gun, taking a perk just for one gun that becomes obsolete is a bit much. A simple Magnum Revolver is probably better since you can fire it twice a turn. JHP magnum gives around 30 base damage per shot while the sniper has 24. Of course the sniper is firing AP ammo but on a crit that already pierces armor the Magnum is probably fairly comparable on a shot for shot basis.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
There is the very useful modification for the sniper rifle that turns it into a pistol and doesn't actually decrease its range much. Otherwise just switch to another gun, taking a perk just for one gun that becomes obsolete is a bit much. A simple Magnum Revolver is probably better, about equal damage if you are eye-critting and you can fire it twice a turn.
Wat? YK32 pistol bruh. Two aimed attacks for 8 AP. You simply cant beat that kind of damage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom